1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 11, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #3,991 of 9,124
I’m in the market for a new pair of earphones and I’ve been pointed in the direction of the ADEL earphones by another member. Never heard of them before, but after doing some reading, I’m intrigued.

I recently picked up a Fiio X7 and mainly pair it with my Westone 4R. I use 320kbps mp3s and ALAC.  I also listen to a lot of electronic music, but also a variety of others too especially funk and rock. What I’m looking for is something with fairly flat mids and highs, but with slightly increased low end. I’d like to feel the impact of bass without it overpowering any of the other frequencies.

With the above in mind, I quite like the look of the A4 sound signature. Any thoughts from A4 users? I also like the look of the A8, but with the even more increased bass response I’m worried that this would muddy the other frequencies. Thoughts? I was originally looking at the Shure 846. Can anyone compare them?

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #3,992 of 9,124
Because there is a difference between being a Sponsor of Head-fi and having MOT status, Noble are a Sponsor.

If you're a Sponsor of Head-fi you're welcome to advertise and have a lot more flexibility.

A MOT however, has quite different rules: http://head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service

You will see them if you scroll down a little.

For me , I wouldn't even want to hear from any sponsors. There still is marketing going on. If it is kept to owners with real world experience of a specific item, and potential buyers, then there's no other agenda. That was always a pet piece of mine.

Anyway, I don't want to take away further from this thread.

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #3,993 of 9,124
Because there is a difference between being a Sponsor of Head-fi and having MOT status, Noble are a Sponsor.

If you're a Sponsor of Head-fi you're welcome to advertise and have a lot more flexibility.

A MOT however, has quite different rules: http://head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service

You will see them if you scroll down a little.

I did not know know that, thanks for the explanation. I assume a sponsor pays headfi to be a sponsor. If so, imo that looks bad at how the administration at headfi are running things.

No more off topic from me folks, please don't ban me!

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #3,994 of 9,124
Obviously the issues surrounding what sponsors and MOTs should and shouldn't say are difficult. Where helpful turns into sales is always a tough call. I take all posts with a grain of salt so knowing who someone works for is useful information but not ncessarily disqualifying.

I am more perplexed by deciding what's a troll versus what's a strong contrary opinion. In some forums the fanboys flame them and in oghers everybody rushes to sell. I have also noticed a fair number of subtle and sometimrs not so subtle product badhing from people who ate not MOTs but whom I suspect ate paid product bashers or rlse getting gheir jollies by bashing good products. It's an ego-power thing.

Then there's power cords, magic crystals and pixie dusters. All told you have to be very careful who and what you believe around here.

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #3,995 of 9,124
Anyone with IE80:

Quote:
  How is the bass quantity on the A12 compared to the IE80? I am sure it must be way ahead in terms of quality. But does the A12 drown out the details with its bass like the IE80 does?

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #3,996 of 9,124
Emailed 64 audio and they will perform reshell service for $349 + shipping and any customizations.

Now I feel better trying out the A6/U6.  Hopefully able to do that next week at the Socal Canjam.

Mar 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #3,997 of 9,124
  Emailed 64 audio and they will perform reshell service for $349 + shipping and any customizations.

Now I feel better trying out the A6/U6.  Hopefully able to do that next week at the Socal Canjam.

As far as I am aware they said they would not perform reshells for any U-series to convert to A-series. Has that policy changed?

Mar 11, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #4,000 of 9,124

I don't think they will do that either.

Sorry for the confusion, just reshelling an existing A series for another owner, not moving from U to A.

A common practice known as "transfer of ownership"
wink.gif

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #4,002 of 9,124
just wanted to share that we can now upgrade our non-Adel ciems...just send back to 64 audio...also the warranty will be defaulted to another 2yrs...Luvin their service...64 audio rocks! 
L3000.gif

sending my V8 soon...

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #4,003 of 9,124
just wanted to share that we can now upgrade our non-Adel ciems...just send back to 64 audio...also the warranty will be defaulted to another 2yrs...Luvin their service...64 audio rocks! :L3000:
sending my V8 soon...

Sweet! How much is the upgrade and would that include a reshell? My V8 fit were never as snug as my other CIEMs but not bad enough for me to bother sending it back....

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #4,004 of 9,124
Sweet! How much is the upgrade and would that include a reshell? My V8 fit were never as snug as my other CIEMs but not bad enough for me to bother sending it back....

it's $499  for normal upgrade, they will reshell it, so definitely you will solve your fit issues...you may want to send anew impression though...for me, i will still use my old impressions. they still keeped the copy (digital) as what they told me....
but that's 4-5 weeks wait...$249 for rush ...that's what they quoted me...

Mar 12, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #4,005 of 9,124
  just wanted to share that we can now upgrade our non-Adel ciems...just send back to 64 audio...also the warranty will be defaulted to another 2yrs...Luvin their service...64 audio rocks! 
L3000.gif

sending my V8 soon...

Only the Q, V6-Stage and V8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back