1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 20, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,646 of 9,124

Sorry, was in a rush typing from the phone and meant "any comments..."  If I'm not mistaken, you have U12, right?  So, curious how do you hear the sound/bass changes as you adjust these?

I actually have the U8's. The A12 will be my next buy though. I do feel some differences with the bass when adjusting it with the module. When it's fully closed, there is a higher quantity of bass. When fully opened there is a little less bass quantity, but around the middle, I think that there is even less bass quantity. But what I enjoy the most, is that there is a slight changes in how I perceive the bass, specially when comparing from fully closed to fully opened. I'm really enjoying the openess of the sound presentation and it's very different to other IEMs I've heard. I haven't heard all the TOTL iems out there, but when I try my other mid-tier iems, even my V6 Stages, they just don't sound the same and I'm looking to go back to my U8s. I must say that I love the openness of the iems, but I'm a musicians, so I always find that lacking with other iems. Really impressed. I also know that some have expressed concerns with not having clicking modules, but I'm not sure that I would want that, because I could see people being more concern in counting clicks and if you loose count, you have to start over. It's actually easier to just start experimenting with them. It's not hard, and it's not like you are a couple clicks off on each side and it messes up your sound.

Feb 20, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #3,647 of 9,124

Sorry, was in a rush typing from the phone and meant "any comments..."  If I'm not mistaken, you have U12, right?  So, curious how do you hear the sound/bass changes as you adjust these?

I actually have the U8's. The A12 will be my next buy though. I do feel some differences with the bass when adjusting it with the module. When it's fully closed, there is a higher quantity of bass. When fully opened there is a little less bass quantity, but around the middle, I think that there is even less bass quantity. But what I enjoy the most, is that there is a slight changes in how I perceive the bass, specially when comparing from fully closed to fully opened. I'm really enjoying the openess of the sound presentation and it's very different to other IEMs I've heard. I haven't heard all the TOTL iems out there, but when I try my other mid-tier iems, even my V6 Stages, they just don't sound the same and I'm looking to go back to my U8s. I must say that I love the openness of the iems, but I'm a musicians, so I always find that lacking with other iems. Really impressed. I also know that some have expressed concerns with not having clicking modules, but I'm not sure that I would want that, because I could see people being more concern in counting clicks and if you loose count, you have to start over. It's actually easier to just start experimenting with them. It's not hard, and it's not like you are a couple clicks off on each side and it messes up your sound.

Uh, exactly!  I'm glad you are hearing similar changes to my A12 tuning experience where U8 w/MAM scales up almost the same.  It's not just a quantity change but perception of how you hear the bass.  But overall, this is not as obvious as attenuating a frequency band of your EQ.

With click module adjustment, at first I was a bit paranoid that once I insert A12 in my ears I will bump the dial by accident and it will mess up the tuning.  But soon I realized that little "bumps" don't make any significant changes.

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #3,648 of 9,124
ok so i got the u12 today and i am listening to as i type

first impression totally different than my shure 846, i need to get used to the different sound sig

sound stage is wide and huge compared to shure 846
mids are really rich and amazing
bass and sub bass are good with good punch but shure 846 has more bass and sub bass, but still the bass of u12 is good and great
treble is right where i like it no harshness or siblinece at all

now will i sell my shure 846, the answer is no, but i will sell my sony z5 and my asg 2.5

the one i have is the one that has the automatic module in it

will it be my mostly used iem? yes it will be as it sounds really good, and I am loving it from the first second I listened to it

my listening was using the ak380 + amp, and I feel it needs to be amped

tips I am using now are the sony hybrid tips and they fit great

its really a new addition to the iems i have but was it worth what i paid for ? yes it was

wow factor: 8.5 out of 10 ( and that is great from a person that is difficult to be pleased )

really amazing iem

and what i like most is I am also protecting my ears assuming the adel tech is legit

more will later after i go through some tips testing and different sources testing

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #3,649 of 9,124
hello everyone question to u12 owners

1- does your u12 has marking where left and right is
2- what did you receive in your u12 package ( accessories )
3- what colour is your cable, mine is greyish
4- does it say anywhere on the iem that its a u12 besides the serial number which start with u12

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #3,650 of 9,124

4- does it say anywhere on the iem that its a u12 besides the serial number which start with u12

1. The serial numbers are a different color. Blue = left, Red = right
2. I have the case, auto modules, regular cable, mic cable, cleaning tool, clip, and dehumidifier. Manual modules coming soon hopefully :).
3. The color is supposed to be silver, but they also have a black option. The silver might turn greenish due to oxidation.
4. You can count the drivers if it's transparent, or if you have the A12 you can print whatever you want on the face plates.

Feb 21, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,651 of 9,124
1. The serial numbers are a different color. Blue = left, Red = right
2. I have the case, auto modules, regular cable, mic cable, cleaning tool, clip, and dehumidifier. Manual modules coming soon hopefully
smily_headphones1.gif
3. The color is supposed to be silver, but they also have a black option. The silver might turn greenish due to oxidation.
4. You can count the drivers if it's transparent, or if you have the A12 you can print whatever you want on the face plates.

what u mean the serials are blue and red, mine are just engraved no colour

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #3,652 of 9,124
  what u mean the serials are blue and red, mine are just engraved no colour

There is no colour either for me, universals are probably different than customs is all :)

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3,653 of 9,124

1) No markings, but as you can hardly go wrong inserting them not really an issue :)  
2) Well just a small box containing a dehumidier, spare complys and a biflange silicon, the pelican hard plastic case containing the IEMs, the cleaning tool, a shirt clip
3) Cable was black for me
4) no, just the serial

No brute force needed. The Spinfits slip right in. 

I understand better... those are not genuine SpinFits unless they changed the silicon which is white not dark grey (http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/)

Feb 21, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #3,654 of 9,124

1) No markings, but as you can hardly go wrong inserting them not really an issue :)  
2) Well just a small box containing a dehumidier, spare complys and a biflange silicon, the pelican hard plastic case containing the IEMs, the cleaning tool, a shirt clip
4) no, just the serial

thanks so much

i am playing with more than 15 different types of tips

i even tried fitting shure olives and westone star tips and they slide with a bit pressure even if they were meant for small bore iems

so far:

the comply tips sound really really great from bass to mids to treble

also the rha tips sound great with bit more bass

and the sony hybrid filled with foam are simply for bass enjoyment so anyone who wants more bass should consider the sony hybrid

spinfits i have never been a fan of and i have all sizes

i tried the westone star tips and wished that westone would make tips that can fit larger bore iems like the u12 as with my shure 846 they are best sounding and very comfortable

i am amazed how amazing this iem is

wow simply wow 

also i just want to mention what a great synergy its with ak380 and amp

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #3,655 of 9,124
does your serial have different colours as the other member mentioned

on my u12 its just engraved

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #3,656 of 9,124

4) no, just the serial

thanks so much

i am playing with more than 15 different types of tips

i even tried fitting shure olives and westone star tips and they slide with a bit pressure even if they were meant for small bore iems

so far:

the comply tips sound really really great from bass to mids to treble

also the rha tips sound great with bit more bass

and the sony hybrid filled with foam are simply for bass enjoyment so anyone who wants more bass should consider the sony hybrid

spinfits i have never been a fan of and i have all sizes

i tried the westone star tips and wished that westone would make tips that can fit larger bore iems like the u12 as with my shure 846 they are best sounding and very comfortable

i am amazed how amazing this iem is

wow simply wow 

also i just want to mention what a great synergy its with ak380 and amp

In addition to different eartip types/brands, also try to play around with different tip sizes within the same type.  Also from my personal observation relative to how I hear it, foam absorbs some upper frequency energy (instead of reflecting it back like with silicone tips) and I usually hear the sound darker with more low end impact when using Comply tips.

Feb 21, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #3,657 of 9,124
guys can i ask again are the serial numbers colored differently on each side like another member mentioned here

as my serial is just an engraving of the number but no colour

Feb 21, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #3,659 of 9,124
Feb 21, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #3,660 of 9,124
can i ask please i am loving this iem very much with the automatic module and bass is great

i just want to ask with the manual module would i be able to control bass more and get more bass 

i am not seeing what would the manual module add to someone who loves bass besides what is achieved from the automatic module, so can i with the manual module add even more bass 

what does it exactly do, or is the manual module for people who like to get more of flat sound sig 

also i really like to say how much i am loving using the rha ear tips they are so amazing with the u12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back