1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 21, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #3,661 of 9,124
can i ask please i am loving this iem very much with the automatic module and bass is great

i just want to ask with the manual module would i be able to control bass more and get more bass 

i am not seeing what would the manual module add to someone who loves bass besides what is achieved from the automatic module, so can i with the manual module add even more bass 

what does it exactly do, or is the manual module for people who like to get more of flat sound sig 

also i really like to say how much i am loving using the rha ear tips they are so amazing with the u12

You can make some adjustments, but don't expect a huge change to the sound signature.

Feb 21, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #3,662 of 9,124
You can make some adjustments, but don't expect a huge change to the sound signature.

i know i can make adjustments, would those adjustments also allow for more bass than the automatic module

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #3,663 of 9,124

i know i can make adjustments, would those adjustments also allow for more bass than the automatic module

To go up in bass you will need to tweak the EQ.  Or try to go up to the next largest eartip size for an even better seal, unless if you are already on the largest one.

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #3,664 of 9,124
1) No markings, but as you can hardly go wrong inserting them not really an issue :)  
2) Well just a small box containing a dehumidier, spare complys and a biflange silicon, the pelican hard plastic case containing the IEMs, the cleaning tool, a shirt clip
3) Cable was black for me
4) no, just the serial

They are the Sarounbi version. They were reviewed earlier in this thread as well.

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #3,665 of 9,124
Just an update, I have the best seal and fit with the JVC Spiral Dot eartips. The tips have added comply foams to block out more outside noise. One significant change is that the sound stage is wider, better separation, better clarity.

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,666 of 9,124

To go up in bass you will need to tweak the EQ.  Or try to go up to the next largest eartip size for an even better seal, unless if you are already on the largest one.

thanks I already have my experience with tips and what has been suggested, 

All i wanted to know what will the manual module bring to me compared to the automatic module in regards to bass

or is the manual module more for people who look to reducing the bass and making the sound more open and flat, that is what my main question is

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #3,667 of 9,124

thanks I already have my experience with tips and what has been suggested, 

All i wanted to know what will the manual module bring to me compared to the automatic module in regards to bass

or is the manual module more for people who look to reducing the bass and making the sound more open and flat, that is what my main question is

It's a tough question to answer.  Based on a few comments I read from other MAM users, it looks like response will vary between different models (# of drivers) and different people (having different ear anatomy).  So it's hard to generalize MAM as "bass adjustment" module.  It's more like a "sound tuning" module to customize to your A/U type and based on your personal ear anatomy.  I will be getting back to more testing and sharing about my MAM experience this week.

But in general, if you already enjoy the bass slam of U12, don't hold your breath about MAM boosting it even higher.  Since you exhausted your tip rolling to get to the best seal, EQ is your next step.  Or maybe using external amp or portable amp with a healthy bass boost
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #3,668 of 9,124

It's a tough question to answer.  Based on a few comments I read from other MAM users, it looks like response will vary between different models (# of drivers) and different people (having different ear anatomy).  So it's hard to generalize MAM as "bass adjustment" module.  It's more like a "sound tuning" module to customize to your A/U type and based on your personal ear anatomy.  I will be getting back to more testing and sharing about my MAM experience this week.

But in general, if you already enjoy the bass slam of U12, don't hold your breath about MAM boosting it even higher.  Since you exhausted your tip rolling to get to the best seal, EQ is your next step.  Or maybe using external amp or portable amp with a healthy bass boost
biggrin.gif

can i ask what u mean by tip rolling, do u mean adding foam to silicon tips and make custom tips

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,670 of 9,124
Do these have more external sound leak than other non Adel/MAM iems?

Not really. Maybe if you put a sensitive microphone right to the side of your head there would be a bit more sound leak picked up. But it's by no means noticeable like an open back headphone is, even though the ADEL equipped IEMs are often compared to open back headphones due to their airy sound stage.

Maybe other users have differing opinions, but I've never thought sound leakage was anymore than any other IEMs when I'm sitting next to somebody listening to music with them.

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,671 of 9,124

biggrin.gif

can i ask what u mean by tip rolling, do u mean adding foam to silicon tips and make custom tips

Sorry, just a jargon for switching between different tips to find the one which fits you the best.  You have done a great job of going through every combination, man!

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,672 of 9,124
  Not really. Maybe if you put a sensitive microphone right to the side of your head there would be a bit more sound leak picked up. But it's by no means noticeable like an open back headphone is, even though the ADEL equipped IEMs are often compared to open back headphones due to their airy sound stage.

Maybe other users have differing opinions, but I've never thought sound leakage was anymore than any other IEMs when I'm sitting next to somebody listening to music with them.

Cool thanks - I don't like to bother others with my audio, so that's great that it has no more leak than other IEMs

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #3,673 of 9,124
Hi all,

This is my first post so please go easy on me if my terminology or knowledge seems to be a bid simplistic.
I have been trying to find demo models of the 64 Audio CIEM's but can't find any.  So, on the strength of many reviews I ordered a set of A12's. 

Perhaps I made a mistake or perhaps I will love them. But there is one thing that is concerning me. A few of the review sites say the A12;s are great and the bass tight and sweet but not over powering. Yet, others say the A12s are bass heavy. Some say the IEMs are well balanced, others say they are dark. I am totally confused and a bot worried as these puppies were pretty expensive.

Can anyone give me something that will help to feel more secure with my decision. I am not looking for dance music with thumbing gut wrenching base. I listen to Jazz, Classical Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Flamenco Guitar, Rock and Country. Basically, as a session musician I listen to just about everything. My studio IEM's are pretty flat and neutral but I wanted something that was a bit less clinical and more fun.

Should I be worried?

Mike

Feb 23, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #3,674 of 9,124
It's easy, the people who say that they are dark or bass heavy are wrong.  
L3000.gif
  You will love them, they are just plain awesome and are in a league of there own.  But no one IEM is going to please everybody. 

To be clear they will be much more fun, are fairly accurate, and do things no other IEMS can do because of the ADEL module.

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #3,675 of 9,124

Sorry, just a jargon for switching between different tips to find the one which fits you the best.  You have done a great job of going through every combination, man!

i love this iem really impressive 

i ordered a balanced cable from ted to listen on my ak380 which has a great synergy with the u12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back