1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 19, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #2,716 of 9,124

I partly agree with what you've said, above, in as much as decent impressions go a very long way to minimising the likelihood of seal-breakage, but it doesn't take into account that some people's ear anatomy varies more than average, with varying positions in jaw position, etc.

John Moulton acknowledges that there are wide differences in ear anatomy, and it is therefore to be expected that some people will experience more change in the shape (perhaps also size) of their ear canal when lying down (jaw can shift backwards when lying down) than other people experience when lying down, by comparison with the shape of the ear canals when sitting or standing.

Obviously, the tighter the CIEM fit, generally, then the less likelihood of the seal breaking, regardless of one's unique anatomy, but there may still be some people for whom the change in ear canal shape may be so great that it breaks the seal, when lying down, even with generally-tight-fitting CIEMs.

Having said all that, if LoryWiv's CIEMs are not uncomfortably tight during sitting/standing, then I agree that it might be worth trying a refit, but in that circumstance, I'd personally be tempted to cover my bases and get fresh ear impressions done. Not essential to get fresh impressions, but might increase the chances of success. And, as ever, the oft-mentioned thread about impressions is a worthwhile read.

Thank you all for the helpful comments. I will call 64Audio and ask for a refit, and defer to them if fresh impressions are really necessary (I felt pretty confident in the audiologist...she re-did them several times until she was certain they were right.) The sound is such bliss when well-sealed that while I hate to part with them I am prepared to do so if 64Audio agrees to the re-fit. Will report back in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #2,718 of 9,124
Thanks! Angie was comfortable for short sessions but anything over 45 minutes caused pressure points. Good to hear these are easier on the ears.

My A12's disappear completely and only the music remains. I wear them 8+ hours everyday. Never sore or sensitive at all. Wouldn't you want custom with these heavy 12 driver Iems? The weight would be distributed much better instead of nearly all in the canal,

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #2,720 of 9,124
Thanks! Angie was comfortable for short sessions but anything over 45 minutes caused pressure points. Good to hear these are easier on the ears.

Oh these are much more comfortable and way lighter than the Angie for sure. I'm actually surprised at the weight and comfort for 12 drivers in each. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #2,721 of 9,124
I have plenty of customs. Looking for a TOTL universal.

I am selling my U12s if you are interested.  I have barely listened to them but I need the cash.  IM me if you are interested, maybe we can work something out.

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #2,727 of 9,124

Wonder if you could share on your location, and if this 20% sales applies to all distributors worldwide?

PM me if it's inconvenient.

I'm in Taiwan(we usually don't have a sale for black Fridays)

Our local distributor said that the sale will be until 11/27

I remember there was a post in the previous pages saying that 1964ears did have a plan for a sale

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,728 of 9,124
Just got my A8!!!!

And the fit is so crazily good! Finally, this is what they called "Perfect Seal"
The bass got so much better! and my music sounds atrociously good!

PS: Please take note that Atrocious here is meant for a good thing, compared to its true original meaning :p

That aside, I am really impressed by the packaging and also the box they give, its really nicely thought out especially the portion where the dehumidifier fits in.. Build quality also feel awesome.
Putting aside the hype and stuff, I think I am hitting the limits of what I can perceive from the drivers, as the only difference i made out is the bass and maybe some slightly clearer highs, compared to my old Cosmic Ears BA4F, or the current CE4R, though i am comparing it with the stock cable, and not the Arete cable still attached to the old one.

Really glad I got it!

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #2,729 of 9,124
Out of all the projects I have crowdfunded, the U6 is probably the one I am happiest with so far. The bass is immense and more than enough for my taste, so I am kinda glad I didn't get the U8 (can't imagine likely anything with more bass). If I had the money, maybe the U12 may be better, but I don't think I would be able to hear much of a difference anyway.

Now, if only they would hurry up with the hard case and the tunable module!

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #2,730 of 9,124
  I'm in Taiwan(we usually don't have a sale for black Fridays)

Our local distributor said that the sale will be until 11/27

I remember there was a post in the previous pages saying that 1964ears did have a plan for a sale

Thanks. In fact, my local distributors have announced upcoming BF sales. It's going to be an exciting week (arranging impressions and all that...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back