1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 24, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #2,746 of 9,124
I'm not too concerned about power. I'm most likely going to get a DAP down the road. How about the V6-S? That one has 2 high, 2 mid and 2 low drivers. I emailed 1964 support and they said that the A-Series will sound better in the end because of the technology but I'm not really sure. 

Wow, VERY tough call. Owning (and loving) the V6-Stage for nearly two years now, I found it a clear cut above the 3 driver V3. On the other hand I also have the A12 and am really impressed with the ADEL technology.

My thoughts: if you can afford the A6 (without adding debt) go for it. Otherwise consider the U6 universal or the A4. Cosidering your music preferences the extra bass of the A4 might be OK by you, and remembering back two summers ago to a meeting with the full 1964 line-up I preferred the Qi over the V3, even though I found the V8 too bassy compared to the V6-Stage. All this was before the ADEL and A Series, but the Qi and A4 have the same drivers IIRC.

All just my two-cents as heard though my ears of course. Hopefully some others will offer input before Friday as well.

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #2,747 of 9,124
Anyone heard the A5? Supposed to be the little brother of the A10. Just wondering about bass. I listen to all kinds of music but need something that will handle progressive rock. Anyone have any input on which model might be best? thanks

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,749 of 9,124
UE promotion is up, get any UEpro ( except 4) series, you will get a free UE900s.  man, can't decide which one I should go. A6 with 20% off or UERR with a free UE900s. I have just received my AK jr in the mail. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #2,750 of 9,124
I am looking for a flat and neutral sound CIEM for studio and monitoring purpose. For that reason i decided that im gonna buy the V6-S on Black Friday. But now i am consider the A series. How does the V6-S stack up against A6? Are those two have the same drivers? Does the A6 worth the extra money?

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #2,751 of 9,124
I am looking for a flat and neutral sound CIEM for studio and monitoring purpose. For that reason i decided that im gonna buy the V6-S on Black Friday. But now i am consider the A series. How does the V6-S stack up against A6? Are those two have the same drivers? Does the A6 worth the extra money?

If you can afford it, go with the A10. I have a friend whose an engineer and loves the A10 and says it's the best he's heard for monitoring.

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #2,752 of 9,124
A10 is probably the most "measured flat" iem I've heard. Most other reference iems go for "sound flat" with an eq curve especially adding a rise in the upper mids to give vocals more carry.

Both are okay, depending on your preferences. For sure though the A10 is much flatter than the V6S!

Nov 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #2,753 of 9,124

I'm not too concerned about power. I'm most likely going to get a DAP down the road. How about the V6-S? That one has 2 high, 2 mid and 2 low drivers. I emailed 1964 support and they said that the A-Series will sound better in the end because of the technology but I'm not really sure. 

I have had the A3s for a week now. Haven't had too much exposure to the whole audiophile business (though I'm getting more and more into it) so I don't have too much to compare it to. However, I was feeling many of the same questions as you before I made my purchase. I sent an email to 64 Audio asking an opinion on what IEM they'd recommend based on my needs. I was mainly debating between the A3 and the V6-S as they were equally priced despite the V6-S having twice the drivers. They replied saying that they would recommend the A series over the V series in almost every case, and recommending the A3.

Nov 25, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #2,754 of 9,124
Wow, VERY tough call. Owning (and loving) the V6-Stage for nearly two years now, I found it a clear cut above the 3 driver V3. On the other hand I also have the A12 and am really impressed with the ADEL technology.

My thoughts: if you can afford the A6 (without adding debt) go for it. Otherwise consider the U6 universal or the A4. Cosidering your music preferences the extra bass of the A4 might be OK by you, and remembering back two summers ago to a meeting with the full 1964 line-up I preferred the Qi over the V3, even though I found the V8 too bassy compared to the V6-Stage. All this was before the ADEL and A Series, but the Qi and A4 have the same drivers IIRC.

All just my two-cents as heard though my ears of course. Hopefully some others will offer input before Friday as well.

Thanks for the help ericr, I'll try to stretch for the A6 and if not, then the A4. 

I have had the A3s for a week now. Haven't had too much exposure to the whole audiophile business (though I'm getting more and more into it) so I don't have too much to compare it to. However, I was feeling many of the same questions as you before I made my purchase. I sent an email to 64 Audio asking an opinion on what IEM they'd recommend based on my needs. I was mainly debating between the A3 and the V6-S as they were equally priced despite the V6-S having twice the drivers. They replied saying that they would recommend the A series over the V series in almost every case, and recommending the A3.

They said the same thing for me. I guess I'll be looking at the A-Series in this case.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2,756 of 9,124
I wish somebody could "a,b" compare the v6s and a3. If I ran a business that charged the same price for 1 unit that had half the drivers but has a membrane added I'd push that as well. There has to be enormous cost savings on their part. Not to say that they couldn't legitimately sound better. Would love a real world comparison.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2,757 of 9,124
BTW guys, if you're ordering your IEMs, note that there'll be a new Charcoal (sort of grey translucent) shell option available come BF. Free for all A series, $25 charge otherwise.

Do take note... and I've ordered mine! can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back