1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 27, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #2,776 of 9,124
Just something that ocurred to me...

Did someone try yet to exact volume match (with fancy gadgets) an ADEL iem to other iems, and compare the listening experience? To see if there's anything to the claims of increase in percieved loudness, I mean.

I have the U8s and I do keep them a little bit lower to other IEMS. It's not a huge difference with volume levels, but you'll notice a major difference with ear fatigue which to me has been the biggest difference. This review compares volume levels the on A12s to other IEMS many people will be familiar with

http://headfonics.com/2015/09/the-a12-ciem-by-64-audio/

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #2,779 of 9,124
Just submitted my order right before the Black Friday deal ended.... now the long wait begins.

Needless to say, I'm super pumped. Thanks to all the fellow Head-fi members who provided feedback and reviews, while I contemplated whether to get these or not. Lets just say my initial budget has been completely blown out of the water.
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #2,782 of 9,124
  Thanks, but are you sure those are recessed sockets they look like normal sockets in those pictures.

blink.gif
 my bad, should have read your question thoroughly, apologies. My U6 obviously are non-recessed, afaik the ADEL uf aren't available with recessed sockets. Looking at the connector I don't see any reason why the BaX shouldn't fit the A series, hopefully a Ax owner will chime in or ask '64  

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #2,784 of 9,124
I have the U8s and I do keep them a little bit lower to other IEMS. It's not a huge difference with volume levels, but you'll notice a major difference with ear fatigue which to me has been the biggest difference. This review compares volume levels the on A12s to other IEMS many people will be familiar with

http://headfonics.com/2015/09/the-a12-ciem-by-64-audio/

Sure, but this only mentions that volume was set lower on the source to reach their preferred listening level (as far as I can tell, I read it pretty fast), something I've read in several comments. I'd argue that "less juice" from the source producing more volume in the ADEL doesn't really prove anything. What I'm interested in, is a slightly more sophisticated experiment: Testing several IEMs volume matched by measuring volume at the nozzle/bores of the IEM with proper equipment, and then comparing percieved volume.

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #2,785 of 9,124
I was very surprised to see that the Control backers are now not receiving a U1, but a X2. I don't really mind, since I've already been waiting for a very long time and the X2's will be shipped to us this year. This project is one of the weirdest on Kickstarter I've backed so far: confusing communication, several overhauls/redesigns with different specs that just seem to magically appear out of nowhere.. I just hope those buds sound great
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #2,786 of 9,124
Sure, but this only mentions that volume was set lower on the source to reach their preferred listening level (as far as I can tell, I read it pretty fast), something I've read in several comments. I'd argue that "less juice" from the source producing more volume in the ADEL doesn't really prove anything. What I'm interested in, is a slightly more sophisticated experiment: Testing several IEMs volume matched by measuring volume at the nozzle/bores of the IEM with proper equipment, and then comparing percieved volume.

Unscientific and probably useless to you-but I never find myself increasing volume last 2-4 clicks on my iPhone and once set on an album I don't raise it again-I don't feel a need to. I believe Steven @ enjoythrmusic reported that the A12's were about 25% louder than his other ciems. With my skull candies I often go between 5-7 clicks on the iPhone.

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #2,787 of 9,124
  Anyone know how well a Linum BaX cable would fit the recessed socket? I searched the thread but can't find anything definite.

No, well, they didn't on the ASG 2.5 (I just tried and am angry about it).  I tried to connect my BaX cable to my ASG 2.5 and it didn't fit.  I then pressed a bit harder and a little piece of my recessed socket broke - this is what I get for helping
mad.gif
.  Anyway, even if you were able to get the pins in, it will be hard to remove the cable because the plastic around the cable will be in the socket.  You'll have to pull the cable to pull out the pins.

Anyway, this is on the ASG 2.5, not 1964Ears.

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #2,788 of 9,124

No, well, they didn't on the ASG 2.5 (I just tried and am angry about it).  I tried to connect my BaX cable to my ASG 2.5 and it didn't fit.  I then pressed a bit harder and a little piece of my recessed socket broke - this is what I get for helping
mad.gif
.  Anyway, even if you were able to get the pins in, it will be hard to remove the cable because the plastic around the cable will be in the socket.  You'll have to pull the cable to pull out the pins.

Thank you for your sacrifice, I guess it would need to be trimmed to fit but that sounds like such a hassle.

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #2,789 of 9,124

mad.gif

Sorry to hear about that...

What aftermarket cables are people actually using with their recessed 64 Audio A series CIEMs? 

Nov 28, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,790 of 9,124
Thank you for your sacrifice, I guess it would need to be trimmed to fit but that sounds like such a hassle.

Yes the Linum bax fits in 64 Adel recessed sockets. But after you fit it in, you'll need pliers to pull them out as the connectors are very tiny and you won't be able to grip them. I'd recommend other cables though.

Sorry to hear about that...

What aftermarket cables are people actually using with their recessed 64 Audio A series CIEMs? 

I'm using BTG starlight. But you can use most aftermarket cables. I've tried with Norne, DHC, Whiplash, PW audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back