1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 10, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2,176 of 9,124
  I have had my U4's for a couple of days now. I have read so many times that BA's don't burn-in that I didn't consider that possibility at all. So, I was a bit disappointed in how they sounded at first with thundering bass, recessed lifeless mids and weak treble, and too thick notes. All in all a dull experience, except for a very nice soundstage and excellent positioning. Now, after 15-20 hours I perceive them very differently. Everything has got right(almost). The mids have more presence and sound pretty nice.
Of course i had very great, maybe too great, expectations, but I definitely don't think it's all "brain-burn-in"...But then again, who knows...aaw well, in the end it doesn't matter how it happened because right now I enjoy the exceptional bass I never had before, and have nice mids as well. I still think notes are rather thick, but I can get used to that.

And oh, the reason I bought them: ADEL-technology works very good, no ear-fatigue and no head-fatigue. That's amazing!

Brain (and ear!) burn in actually makes a HUGE difference. I had it with my Earsonics coming from Senn ie8s. Your brain and ears are just so used to a sound that anything else sounds bad, even if it isnt. It also sometimes takes time for your ears to sort of 'hear differently' if the way the iems are presenting detail, for example, is different. Again, with my SM64s they initially sounded more muffled and very veiled, but I now realise that's just because the ie8s are actually really quite harsh ('too' V shaped). 

Sep 10, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #2,177 of 9,124
  I have had my U4's for a couple of days now. I have read so many times that BA's don't burn-in that I didn't consider that possibility at all. So, I was a bit disappointed in how they sounded at first with thundering bass, recessed lifeless mids and weak treble, and too thick notes. All in all a dull experience, except for a very nice soundstage and excellent positioning. Now, after 15-20 hours I perceive them very differently. Everything has got right(almost). The mids have more presence and sound pretty nice.

Exactly my thinking as well. After spending two weeks with them now, I've gotten used to it. Though I would still prefer a different sound signature, but I'm not as disappointed as I initially was. I would be alright keeping these, but would still prefer to get them upgraded at some point to an A6 if that's ever a possibility. I love the midrange, and I still feel they are just way too covered by the bass.

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #2,178 of 9,124
Received my U6 a couple of days ago. First impressions are very good. Anyone else got theirs? If so, could you please check the edges if your left side monitor? The right side monitor seems a solid piece whereas the left is made of two pieces and can get my nails in between (not lifted yet). Looks like ABS to me but I'm kinda worried the 'lid' will snap off.

I just received my U6 and they appear to be a smooth single piece on both sides.

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #2,180 of 9,124
Sep 11, 2015 at 4:38 AM Post #2,181 of 9,124

I just received my U6 and they appear to be a smooth single piece on both sides.

Thanks @Nudd, consider yourself lucky. This morning the top piece came off the U6 monitor, as my finger passed the edge so I know for a fact that mine isn't solid 
mad.gif

confused.gif

I was the first one to back the ADEL KS project. I hope the guys from (19)64 have a good explanation for it. Please be advised to check your monitors. I will contact 64 later today and will let you know

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #2,182 of 9,124

Thanks @Nudd, consider yourself lucky. This morning the top piece came off the U6 monitor, as my finger passed the edge so I know for a fact that mine isn't solid 
mad.gif

confused.gif

I was the first one to back the ADEL KS project. I hope the guys from (19)64 have a good explanation for it. Please be advised to check your monitors. I will contact 64 later today and will let you know

wow sorry to see this. Has this been a common problem for 1964 ciems?

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #2,183 of 9,124

Thanks...I wouldn't know, that's why I posted my initial questions before sending an email to 64 customer support earlier today. Strange thing is.... I have two different kind of U6 monitors (one piece and two piece version with a lid). I have this feeling one of them was a prototype version that accidentally was mixed with the regular version (speculation). Haven't heard back from 64 customer support yet. Not using the IEMs anymore as I'm worried the lid will snap off again and lost somewhere.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #2,184 of 9,124

Thanks...I wouldn't know, that's why I posted my initial questions before sending an email to 64 customer support earlier today. Strange thing is.... I have two different kind of U6 monitors (one piece and two piece version with a lid). I have this feeling one of them was a prototype version that accidentally was mixed with the regular version (speculation). Haven't heard back from 64 customer support yet. Not using the IEMs anymore as I'm worried the lid will snap off again and lost somewhere.

It really hasnt - their build quality is pretty renowned as being very good. I't possibly an unfortunate side effect of being on the bleeding edge of their new manufacturing process. Hopefully it's just a one off - they seemd very confident about their new 3d printing. 

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #2,185 of 9,124

mad.gif

confused.gif

Wow.. Communication and quality issues .. Looks like they bit more than they can chew with the kickstarter campaign. I was considering A12 as upgrade to my current excellent ES5 and sent them few questions a week ago and NO RESPONSE at all .. this is before sale .. Looks like they are too busy. I am now looking to K10 or JH 13 pro freq phae or UE 18 pro.. 

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #2,186 of 9,124
Contact Stephen - seriously, he likes to hear honest and issues. 
stephen.ambrose@asiustechnologies.com is his email address - he gave it out freely during the last Spreecast, so I'm sure he'd be fine with me leaving that there. 

I was getting a bit frustrated with 1964 and a few things until I skyped him - he had lots of time and answered every question really well. 

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,187 of 9,124
Contact Stephen - seriously, he likes to hear honest and issues. 
[COLOR=757575]stephen.ambrose@asiustechnologies.com is his email address - he gave it out freely during the last Spreecast, so I'm sure he'd be fine with me leaving that there. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=757575]I was getting a bit frustrated with 1964 and a few things until I skyped him - he had lots of time and answered every question really well. [/COLOR]

thanks, just shot him an email

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #2,188 of 9,124

mad.gif

confused.gif

@Jobbing, we are sorry to see this happen. You should be getting an email response very shortly. I can assure you that this is an "isolated" incident.... and our manufacturing process is very rigid and consistent.  This was an unfortunate "slip-up"......... If anyone else experiences ANY problems with their set please feel free to let us know. 

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Sep 11, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2,189 of 9,124
@Jobbing, we are sorry to see this happen. You should be getting an email response very shortly. I can assure you that this is an "isolated" incident.... and our manufacturing process is very rigid and consistent.  This was an unfortunate "slip-up"......... If anyone else experiences ANY problems with their set please feel free to let us know. 

Thank Vitaliy for addressing this personally. I just received a adequate message from Vlad in which he explained why this could have happened and that my monitor hadn't been cured properly as a consequence. I'm very happy with the way this issue is solved, looking forward to my replacement pair and continue to enjoy the U6 listening experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back