1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Sep 13, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #2,206 of 9,124
Got my replacement Adel modules in the mail today! 

They really do have an enormous effect on the sound. There was always something a bit off about the sound of my A6, but now that I have the new modules installed, they sound AMAZING!!!!

Thanks to 1964 for sending them the day after I called, I appreciate the speedy response to customer issues. (I called when it was just about closing time, so the post office would have been closed, hence shipping it next day.)

Now I'll take a few days to listen, then get back with an in depth review of what I think of them. Oh, by the way, the fit is absolutely perfect. Really, really comfy. 

What was wrong with your modules?

Sep 13, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #2,211 of 9,124
Quick questions on replacing cables and Adel modules.

Just tried tugging on the 2 pin connectors and the Adel modules and they both appear to be very very tightly held in place.

So if I wanted to get after market cables (eg, balanced cables), how do I remove the existing cables? Is it just by applying smooth even pressure to the 2 pin connectors, or should I try jiggling them a bit?

How are the Adel modules attached? Are they screwed in place or will they detach by pulling the module out?

Will see if I can take some photos but they will be of potato quality using a fone if at all.

Sep 13, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #2,212 of 9,124

How are the Adel modules attached? Are they screwed in place or will they detach by pulling the module out?

If you have the new aluminum version, only two o-rings hold the Adel modules in place. Just grab them under the lip with your nail and smoothly pull up. Nothing else is holding them in place. I'm not familiar with the clear looking older one, so if that's the one you want to remove then someone else will have to chime in.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #2,213 of 9,124
I m considering the U6 or preferably A6 if I can justify the additional cost for customs. In trying out the designer at 64Audio.com, I love the way the translucent color faceplates look but the wood is even more appealing:
Translucent: Wood: 

So my question to those who've been down this road (this is my 1st rodeo considering IEM's at this TOTL range) is do the wood faceplates hold up as well, or do are they more susceptibile to moisture damage, chipping / scratching etc...I suspect they have some type of laminate finish but before plunking down $1300 hard earned dollars would be grateful if someone with more experience than I can speak to durability of the wood faceplates.

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #2,214 of 9,124
  Wood: 

So my question to those who've been down this road (this is my 1st rodeo considering IEM's at this TOTL range) is do the wood faceplates hold up as well, or do are they more susceptibile to moisture damage, chipping / scratching etc...I suspect they have some type of laminate finish but before plunking down $1300 hard earned dollars would be grateful if someone with more experience than I can speak to durability of the wood faceplates.

Hey, ours are pretty similar!

The wood is covered (sealed in) by the acrylic material. Unless you crack the acrylic and moisture gets in, I don't think there will be an issue.

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #2,216 of 9,124
Thanks BobFiggins and KaminKevCrew. That's reasuring. Saving my pennies and planning to get ear canal impressions this week. Pretty excited....either of you have further impressions to share? That will probably just make me more impatient and jealous but that's part of the fun of this hobby. 
tongue.gif

I appreciate your responses.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #2,217 of 9,124
Thanks BobFiggins and KaminKevCrew. That's reasuring. Saving my pennies and planning to get ear canal impressions this week. Pretty excited....either of you have further impressions to share? That will probably just make me more impatient and jealous but that's part of the fun of this hobby. :p

I appreciate your responses.
I do, but I'm currently on my phone and not willing to type up my impressions on my phone (it would require more patience than I have) and I'm in bed, so I'd rather avoid going downstairs to start up my computer :p

I am listening to my a6 right now though, and they are truly sublime. Maybe I'll do more detailed impressions later. Right now I'm just in the enjoyment stage! (I don't want to have to look for anything wrong because I like them so much...)

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #2,218 of 9,124
I was a Control backer, so I got upgraded to the U1. I kind of wanted the Control for the adjustable module, but I think soundwise the U1 will be a whole lot better so I see it as a positive thing.
Decided to wait for the cable with remote/mic although that may take a whole lot longer. Especially with IEM's a remote to stop playback asap is a good thing safety-wise (although I never really use them at loud volumes).

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,219 of 9,124
I was a Control backer, so I got upgraded to the U1. I kind of wanted the Control for the adjustable module, but I think soundwise the U1 will be a whole lot better so I see it as a positive thing.
Decided to wait for the cable with remote/mic although that may take a whole lot longer. Especially with IEM's a remote to stop playback asap is a good thing safety-wise (although I never really use them at loud volumes).

The U1 has adjustable module as well.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #2,220 of 9,124
The U1 has adjustable module as well.

The U1 has a module, but a automatic one and not a manual one as far as I know..but the constant Kickstarter updates/their website that is not up to date is getting a bit confusing at times
biggrin.gif

Noise Isolation: -6dB with ADEL™ Auto Module (ambient version)
*Noise Isolation Adjustable via ADEL™ Manual Module (doesn't come with your shipment, can be purchased later as add on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back