1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 9, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #1,008 of 9,124
I hope she was no.1 on the kickstarter for them else they're taking the urine a little.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,009 of 9,124
  It seems like Katy Perry is using the 1964 Adel CIEM for the 2015 Grammy Show

Where did you see this???

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,013 of 9,124
I heard the dan

It seems like Katy Perry was dancing with Real Sharks at the Super Bowl.

Feb 9, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,014 of 9,124
  when she is performing in the Grammy for this year. I'm not really sure if it is the Adel unit but it looks like it is to me.

I saw her IEMs at the Super bowl and they looked like Adel but there is no way, right?  I can't find any pics online but it looked like it had the Adel dial on the IEM.  It was a clean side shot and you can make out the IEM but no logo.

Feb 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #1,015 of 9,124

Obnoxious 1llum1nat1-fest, but, that aside, here's a screengrab:

It could be an ADEL module, but it could alternatively just be an ambient port, which is a feature that quite a few musician-focused CIEM makers (including 1964Ears & Aurisonics) offer as an option. I will admit, though, that that blurry screengrab does appear very, very similar to an ADEL port - very similar... So much so that I reckon it looks more like an ADEL port than an ambient port. The BA drivers also look to have quite similar placement to the A12 BA drivers. It'll be interesting to find out what her CIEMs, in this pic, really are.

Either way, it's moot, as she's not even fully inserted the darn CIEM, anyway, so she's still damaging her hearing and rendering the whole point of wearing the CIEM useless...

How ironic that this blog article was posted very recently, on the 1964ears website:

http://www.1964ears.com/blog/2014/07/07/the-danger-of-wearing-only-one-in-ear-monitor/

For comparison here is a pre-production A12, although the BA driver placement looks different here:

(photo credit: ljokerl  http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-review-1964ears-1964-adel-a12/ )

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,017 of 9,124
Great update by 1964.
Looks like we'll be getting both standard AND the mic cable as well as the zipper pouch AND custom hard case.

Although both extras at a much later date, but still great either way :)

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #1,018 of 9,124
"Hello Brian, we don't currently have a release date yet. It may be sometime in March. Please sign up for our company newsletter to be the first to know. www.1964ears.com (bottom left on page).

1964 EARS In-Ear Monitor Design
www.1964ears.com We are committed to manufacturing the finest custom in-ear monitor. Our affordable custom IEMs are perfect for musicians and audiophiles. Our in ear monitors are complemented by our quality production and service."

I messaged them on facebook asking for an approximate release date of A10 and A12. They think it'll be sometime in March, so there's still some waiting time for those non-kickstarters.

Ahh i dont know if i can wait that long

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #1,019 of 9,124
  I reckon I'm right at the end of the queue. Found out late and only realized they offer literally every premium stuff included. If only the queue works according to the Kickstarter pledge number... :frowning2:
Not keeping my hopes up of receiving mine end of February to soften the blow and massive anguish of checking every hour every day from now..

Oh poor baby - at least you had the ability to GET one of the A series - I couldnt afford it, so my U8s will be around May time!!! :D

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,020 of 9,124
If in love with a V8 you might miss the intamicy of it, I like big soundstage so for me the 8.A is far preferred to the V8 and thus the A12 is a fantastic experience ... If you want really thick explosive pounding your eardrum bass right in your head the large headstage and lack of pressure in your ear will defiantly take an adjustment period.

Oh no! you're making me nervous about the U8 now :D I want at least a half decent soundstage size :D I was going with ericr and Ivabign who both said it has a good soundstage - Ivabign actually said the V8's is bigger than the V6S... perhaps it's subjective? Anyone else care to weigh in?

Just checked out 1964 website and the A12, A10 and A6 are now available for purchase for non kickstarter supporters. It looks like they added the A6 series which from comparing the chart appears to be a version of the original V6 and not the V6 Stage. Wonder why they went that way and why they wouldn't have added an Adel version of the V8.  

The Adel version of the V8 will be the U8 :D Coming soon...

Glad to hear the A series are going down well. They mentioned in the kickstarter update that after namm they're 'pouring the tech into the u series' or some such, so hopefully us U series backers will have a lot to enjoy still, even if not quite as 'good' as the A series. *Sigh*, where's that extra coupla hundred dollars when you need it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back