1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,038 of 9,124
Guys I just completed my interview with Vitaliy for my upcoming TOTL CIEM shootout article. He knows it was an interview so I consider everything we discussed fair game.

He admitted that managing kickstarter was a bit of a challenge for a company that already has daily operations to deal with, and in future he would have reviews, dedicated kickstarter staff, and etc lined up well in advance.

That being said, he really appreciated our willingness to jump in sight unseen/ sound unheard, and it was clear he really values us as early adopters. I just don't think they were that cued into kickstarter culture.

He also mentioned that they tended to focus more on the musician community than the audiophile one (it seemed like their company literally shut down pre-NAMM to prepare), although the latter one is becoming more and more critical as well.

Jelt2359,

When will the article be available and where?

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,039 of 9,124
Jelt2359,

When will the article be available and where?

It will be for my 8-company flagship CIEM shootout. I have an A12 on order so they will be part of it. The earliest will probably be April- I'm still waiting on some of the CIEMs to get in. Will be published on Head-Fi.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #1,041 of 9,124
  It will be for my 8-company flagship CIEM shootout. I have an A12 on order so they will be part of it. The earliest will probably be April- I'm still waiting on some of the CIEMs to get in. Will be published on Head-Fi.

oh, so that's what you're doing.  haha.  i've been checking day to day thinking, "maybe he'll post it today.  maybe he'll post it today."

probably shouldn't have said that though.  now my (and i'm sure other's) anticipation for it is growing, as it is quite a list you've got going on there in your sig 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #1,043 of 9,124
I thought it was just me waiting for this :D Seems everyone else in this thread has a lot more cash to throw around :D

Hundreds of backers waiting for their U's and for most of them it's not about the cash either (preference, practical, ear canal problems, resale, backup, etc.) 1964ADEL U-series are scheduled for May, but I agree their communication is painstakingly lacking. Dropping hundreds of dollars on them and not even a decent update.....

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #1,044 of 9,124
Hundreds of backers waiting for their U's and for most of them it's not about the cash either (preference, practical, ear canal problems, resale, backup, etc.) 1964ADEL U-series are scheduled for May, but I agree their communication is painstakingly lacking. Dropping hundreds of dollars on them and not even a decent update.....

Don't know why but seems to me Stephen Ambrose is the only person manning the Kickstarter page? Even the company logo there is using his portrait..

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #1,045 of 9,124
Don't know why but seems to me Stephen Ambrose is the only person manning the Kickstarter page? Even the company logo there is using his portrait..

It's time for Vitaliy to take over in everyone's interest. He should have been present on the Kickstarter comment board from the beginning. If they appreciate us backers that much, better send us a serious update instead of a lottery and throwing t-shirts at crowds at Namm

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,046 of 9,124
It's time for Vitaliy to take over in everyone's interest. He should have been present on the Kickstarter comment board from the beginning. If they appreciate us backers that much, better send us a serious update instead of a lottery and throwing t-shirts at crowds at Namm

I agree
At least 1964 Ears is giving the A-series backers extra goodies not previously mentioned before, and they are pretty responsive via their company website and emails
Hope they can transfer their customer support on their official portals over to Kickstarters

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,047 of 9,124
I'm wondering if implementing the ADEL functionality (I don't mean just fitting the module to the CIEM shell - I mean in the broader tuning sense) may be proving to be more challenging for the custom orders than originally anticipated?

I trust that the team will succeed in fulfilling the orders, but maybe they're facing heavy challenges to get there.

Either that or they've simply been snowed-under with huge numbers of orders in early 2015.

Could be either, both, or neither scenario.

Whatever the reason, I hope those of you who Kickstarted the ADEL product line get some happy news soon.

Although I am not (yet) a customer, I am keen to find out if the A12 might prove to be something special, amongst the competing TOTL CIEMs.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #1,048 of 9,124

Yes, even if he is very busy and stressed, Vitaliy should at least communicate with his customers who are patiently awaiting news of the ADEL CIEMs/IEMs.

I very much hope we don't witness a repeat of the debacle that was the JHA Roxanne launch, where Jerry was schmoozing at trade shows all around the world, whilst Roxanne customers were rightly p1$$ed-off at being left in the dark, for months on end. Some simple, honest, direct communication from Jerry would have gone a long way to making those customers feel valued instead of exploited. Although JHA continues to be successful, I am in absolutely no doubt, following numerous public and private conversations, that substantial damage was caused to JHA's business reputation (at least in the audiophile community), with many potential customers now absolutely determined to avoid ever dealing with the company because of the way Roxanne customers were treated.

Vitaliy, please don't make the same mistake.

People may be disappointed if the deadline slips, but they will, at least, concede a reasonable degree of latitude, provided you have the personal integrity to honestly & openly communicate with them, as a tangible human-being, what the state-of-play is. I would even go so far as to assert that the degree of latitude may be in direct proportion to how open and sincere they feel such communication to be.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #1,049 of 9,124

Yes, even if he is very busy and stressed, Vitaliy should at least communicate with his customers who are patiently awaiting news of the ADEL CIEMs/IEMs.

I very much hope we don't witness a repeat of the debacle that was the JHA Roxanne launch, where Jerry was schmoozing at trade shows all around the world, whilst Roxanne customers were rightly p1$$ed-off at being left in the dark, for months on end. Some simple, honest, direct communication from Jerry would have gone a long way to making those customers feel valued instead of exploited. Although JHA continues to be successful, I am in absolutely no doubt, following numerous public and private conversations, that substantial damage was caused to JHA's business reputation (at least in the audiophile community), with many potential customers now absolutely determined to avoid ever dealing with the company because of the way Roxanne customers were treated.

Vitaliy, please don't make the same mistake.

People may be disappointed if the deadline slips, but they will, at least, concede a reasonable degree of latitude, provided you have the personal integrity to honestly & openly communicate with them, as a tangible human-being, what the state-of-play is. I would even go so far as to assert that the degree of latitude may be in direct proportion to how open and sincere they feel such communication to be.

Sensing discord in the ranks :D I agree though. I 'ordered'; a watch on Kickstarter, and the impression I get is its pretty much a couple of surfers filling the entire order (which is a lot, I gather) - but they still at least send the odd email out. That's all it takes, we're not looking for another online Q and A if 1964 doesn't have time. 
I agree about the Stephen Ambrose thing as well - not that I doubt his abilities for a second, but I sort of backed on the basis I'd be getting a product with mainly 1964 stuff in it (U8), - the ADEL thing is *almost* a secondary point to me.... 

I agree
At least 1964 Ears is giving the A-series backers extra goodies not previously mentioned before, and they are pretty responsive via their company website and emails
Hope they can transfer their customer support on their official portals over to Kickstarters

Oooh what are the extra goodies? That always sounds good :D Hope they come with the U series in May...

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,050 of 9,124
... I am in absolutely no doubt, following numerous public and private conversations, that substantial damage was caused to JHA's business reputation (at least in the audiophile community), with many potential customers now absolutely determined to avoid ever dealing with the company because of the way Roxanne customers were treated.

I can say that is 100% true for me. I was sold (literally pulling the trigger and spoke with JH on the phone) on the getting the JH13 but after some insight into their customer service, I bailed and went with 1964. Customer Service is a critical factor for me. Seems like only Noble is holding up in this respect these days..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back