1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #181 of 9,124
Don't think I missing anything but the details they are not giving out.

On the phone with 1964 today I was told clearly that the ambient port would need to be opened at least a crack for ADEL to work ...

Simple

And that at that minimal opening would let in little ambient noise ...

But opening it IS required for ADEL to work at least in the customes.

I was simply guessing to why/how that could be.

Got more info especially real info with explanations please share.

Alright, got some info for you! (Different person, by the way). In the main 1964ears thread, Vitalty, the CEO of 1964, posted this:

ADEL module has 3 main positions (and anything in between)

1. ADEL membrane and ambience turned completely off (to show conventional IEM technology)
2. Ambience off, ADEL membrane on (maximum bass)
3. Ambience on, ADEL membrane on (adjustable bass)

As well as this:
Pos 2 works like a muffler on a car. Pneumatically open (air moves) but acoustically shut (sound deadened)

Ericr summed it up quite well with his comment:
Makes sense to me, and seems to agree with Vitalit's comment.

1) screw all the way in tight and it presses against the membrane to disable it
2) loosen the screw a bit and the membrane is free, but but the port is still closed
3) loosen the screw further and the port begins to open

Hope that helps!

Sources: http://www.head-fi.org/t/519457/1964-ears/5760

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #182 of 9,124
  I don't know if you saw it on their comments page. These are responses from 1964Ears.

@Levvy ...3)ADEL membranes will still work when ambience is turned off. Turning the knob further will completely disable the membranes. This lets you hear what it would sound like without the amazing ADEL tech.

And another response to Tristan - U8 sound sig is similar to V8.

So a summary of the U lineup and their corresponding CIEM:
U5 = V6. U6 = V6S, and U8 = V8.

How can U5 be V6 when one has 5 drivers and the other 6?  Am I wrong?

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #183 of 9,124
Nov 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #185 of 9,124
Alright, got some info for you! (Different person, by the way). In the main 1964ears thread, Vitalty, the CEO of 1964, posted this:

As well as this:
Ericr summed it up quite well with his comment:
Hope that helps!

Sources: http://www.head-fi.org/t/519457/1964-ears/5760

Yeah bro that is a helpful post!!! :)

Been seeing that info around but great to have it all together!

Looking like the A12 for me and my wife will get ADEL refit to her V6S when they offer the option. (Was told they will have a ADEL refit option for current owners) 1964 for the win. Info was from Alex but he spoke with others in a meeting today so info us not just from him seems to be certain.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #186 of 9,124

Yep. Sorry if my post wasn't completely clear.

I'm currently at the U8 pledge, but not sure if I should drop down to the U6 or up to the A12.

Me thinks you'll do the A12 because the number is bigger. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #187 of 9,124

Yep. Sorry if my post wasn't completely clear.

I'm currently at the U8 pledge, but not sure if I should drop down to the U6 or up to the A12.

Depends, if you want a more balanced sound then U6 or A10. If you want more bass then U8 or A12 :)

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #189 of 9,124
That's true

Makes even less sense now that there's less difference of the A-series from the rest and yet the big jump in MSRP pricing

Expect the refresh of the rest of the v-series be "more expensive" maybe they got tired of Steve Guetenburg always reviewing their products as "more affordable" lol it's time the price reflects the products. Makes JH and UE seem not too far away with that kind of price.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #193 of 9,124
  Quite tempted by the U8s for sub $600

Really curious about design and size though, if only they had more info on the website!

I'm in for the U8's, I'm hoping I'll like them! I picked them over the U6 because I like a more bassy sound (and they're only $60 more than the U6). On that note, does anybody have any experience with the V8? Is the bass muddy or overpowering?

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #195 of 9,124

What they meant was the tuning/sound signature.

OK, thanks.  

I have signed up for the U8s and am thinking about the U6.  Decisions....  I am staying away from customs for now.  

Part of the problem is that this is still in development so we have to have some faith that end product will be good.  I love the V8s and would jump on another 1964 product.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back