1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #211 of 9,124
  Yes would be great if they were to let seasoned Head-Fiers demo them and give us some brief impressions

Well, Vitaliy is in the forum answering questions and he's the CEO, so maybe we should suggest to him that doing so will help his cause (or hurt)...

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #212 of 9,124
  Well, Vitaliy is in the forum answering questions and he's the CEO, so maybe we should suggest to him that doing so will help his cause (or hurt)...

Yes I'm sure if they are sonically far superior than any CIEM on the current market as claimed he'll actually be eager to let some do the brief demo, especially since they're based in US whereby there's no lack of seasoned Head-Fiers there and they can just pop in for the demo

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #213 of 9,124
I'm in the same boat as @Talai. What do you think of the soundstage of the V8 compared to the V6-S? Only reason for me to change my pledge from U6 to U8 would be to have a wider soundstage.

Also, if I was to (fully) open the ambience/bass port of the U8(V8), one could expect to have the same quantity of bass as an U6(V6-S) but with the 'better' soundstage of the U8(V8). In that case I would prefer the U8 for indoors with port open and outdoors with port (almost) closed. Appreciate any feedback

Gentlemen lets not forget that the U-series has adel. It WILL sound better than the current V-series.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #214 of 9,124

Gentlemen lets not forget that the U-series has adel. It WILL sound better than the current V-series.

*We're hoping that it'll sound better... at this point there's no way to tell how big the difference will be. In the Kickstarter comments they mentioned that the V8 and U8 have basically the same sound signature, so I'm just using the V series as a reference point. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #215 of 9,124
  OK, thanks.  

I have signed up for the U8s and am thinking about the U6.  Decisions....  I am staying away from customs for now.  

Part of the problem is that this is still in development so we have to have some faith that end product will be good.  I love the V8s and would jump on another 1964 product.  

So if the U8's are similar to the V8's (at $540), would you consider that to be worth it? I'm torn between the U6 and U8, and need all of the input I can get...

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #216 of 9,124

I mean no disrespect, but how can you be so convinced that it WILL sound better than the current V-series when you haven't even heard them yet? Heck, the product is still in development. It's misinformation like this that leads to a lot of unnecessary hype around new products.

At best, this new tech sounds promising, but it's probably best to reserve judgement until people have actually had a chance to listen to the final product. It happens often that a company touts their new product as the next best thing, and then when the new product is finally released it's kinda 'meh'.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #217 of 9,124

I mean no disrespect, but how can you be so convinced that it WILL sound better than the current V-series when you haven't even heard them yet? Heck, the product is still in development. It's misinformation like this that leads to a lot of unnecessary hype around new products.

At best, this new tech sounds promising, but it's probably best to reserve judgement until people have actually had a chance to listen to the final product. It happens often that a company touts their new product as the next best thing, and then when the new product is finally released it's kinda 'meh'.

If A-10, A-12 is almost $2000 and its a (V-10,V-12 with ADEL) Then why would V6s and V8 sound worse with ADEL? If you read Vitaliys comments in the other forum he touted that the A customs have great sound improvement because of ADEL. I just don't get how ADEL would keep the v8 the same or worse like your speculating?

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #218 of 9,124
If A-10, A-12 is almost $2000 and its a (V-10,V-12 with ADEL) Then why would V6s and V8 sound worse with ADEL? If you read Vitaliys comments in the other forum he touted that the A customs have great sound improvement because of ADEL. I just don't get how ADEL would keep the v8 the same or worse like your speculating?

He is not speculating you are. You are pumping this full of hot rosy colored air because even the CEO has not heard the final product it is still in development.

These could all be the best sounding ciem/IEM'S ever or they might be meh ... Why meh well ADEL and new driver config will alter sound signature yes ... For the better or worse or just an equal but different flavor is yet to be seen ... "Conformation bias bro"

They want need a new product/marketing centerpiece and believe this ADEL is it (it may or may not be) you for whatever reason. Affiliation with company, pre-congntion, pure guessung, wishful thinking are assuming the BEST from this and that is speculation.

This guy you quoted along with my self hope forntye absolute vest but are looking for truth and fact.

Edit: on mobile fixed a typo probably more LOL

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #219 of 9,124
  So if the U8's are similar to the V8's (at $540), would you consider that to be worth it? I'm torn between the U6 and U8, and need all of the input I can get...

Absolutely worth it.  That's why I signed up for another pair.  If you don't mind the additional bass, go for the U8.  And with the port adjustment on the U8, you might be able to tame the bass if you want.  You may lose isolation but you'll get lower bass.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #220 of 9,124
He is not speculating you are. You are pumping this full of hot rosy colored air because even the CEO has not heard the final product it is still in development.

These could all be the best sounding ciem/IEM'S ever or they might be meh ... Why meh well ADEL and new driver config will alter sound signature yes ... For the better or worse or just an equal but different flavor is yet to be seen ... "Conformation bias bro"

They want need a new product/marketing centerpiece and believe this ADEL is it (it may or may not be) you for whatever reason. Affiliation with company, pre-congntion, pure guessung, wishful thinking are assuming the BEST from this and that is speculation.

This guy you quoted along with my self hope forntye absolute vest but are looking for truth and fact.

Your right, but knowing Vitaliy, 1964 is his life and I don't think he would do anything to jeopardize it for a quick buck or a gimmick. Thats just my opinion, of course everyone has their own. This "hot rosy colored air" is called Sonic Bliss! lol

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #221 of 9,124
Your right, but knowing Vitaliy, 1964 is his life and I don't think he would do anything to jeopardize it for a quick buck or a gimmick. Thats just my opinion, of course everyone has their own.

Trust me bro I AM HOPING TOO and in for an A12 @ this point ... Even if they did not sound as good as my 8.A's and 6.A's I will be replacing both with the A12 for the chance my hearing will be far less damaged over time ... If they sound better then YAY X1,000,000

Bow what to do with the 8.A and 6.A ... Love the sound and love the artwork but do not want to beg for hearing loss...?

A12 seems perfect bass if you need it and open port to lower bass when desired (assuming sound remains awesome as port is opened)

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #222 of 9,124

Absolutely worth it.  That's why I signed up for another pair.  If you don't mind the additional bass, go for the U8.  And with the port adjustment on the U8, you might be able to tame the bass if you want.  You may lose isolation but you'll get lower bass.

Yes, but how MUCH extra bass? Is the extra bass on the U8 (based on the current V8) likely to be close to the SLIGHTLY bas heavy SM64s? Or is it going to be closed to the IE8's bass? Or is it even more? (In which case I'd say I want the U^ - the IE8 is on the outer limit of what I want from bass in an iem). 
Seriously, is there anywhere to find a corroborate comparison between the V6 and V8? All I can see is "V8= more bass" but no one is quantifying that with comparisons to other iems or even saying whether its slightly heavier than 'neutral' or MUCH heavier than neutral/ Even then, people's perception of neutral seems to be different here...I think the only way of getting an idea is through comparison, but no ones doing that :s

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #224 of 9,124
Yes, but how MUCH extra bass? Is the extra bass on the U8 (based on the current V8) likely to be close to the SLIGHTLY bas heavy SM64s? Or is it going to be closed to the IE8's bass? Or is it even more? (In which case I'd say I want the U^ - the IE8 is on the outer limit of what I want from bass in an iem). 
Seriously, is there anywhere to find a corroborate comparison between the V6 and V8? All I can see is "V8= more bass" but no one is quantifying that with comparisons to other iems or even saying whether its slightly heavier than 'neutral' or MUCH heavier than neutral/ Even then, people's perception of neutral seems to be different here...I think the only way of getting an idea is through comparison, but no ones doing that :s

if you're in the United States why don't you just get some demos of those two give them a good listen and let that help make your decision. Even if they need to ship them to you there should be enough time on the Kickstarter campaign to get them both in the mail list for a few days and make a decision.

:)

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #225 of 9,124

CEO doesn't need to hear anything to approve of a business plan. He's there to make money and just needs the plan to make sense and be plausible within their business context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back