1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 7, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #241 of 9,124
I just came up for another idea for a stretch goal! 1964ears should include Comply tips to go with all of the IEMs (except for the customs of course). 

I think they also need color customization and a way to match the ADEL setting for each ear (a 'clicky' dial?). If those were all stretch goals that would be awesome imo.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #242 of 9,124
I just came up for another idea for a stretch goal! 1964ears should include Comply tips to go with all of the IEMs (except for the customs of course). 

I think they also need color customization and a way to match the ADEL setting for each ear (a 'clicky' dial?). If those were all stretch goals that would be awesome imo.

They already have plans for color options as stretch goal.
I wouldn't mind a KS exclusive IEM case similar to JH's round tin can type but in classic wood and carbon fiber option as 1 of the stretch goal.

IMO the Adel knob movement to be made similar like Astell Kern volume knob shouldn't be a stretch goal but a given feature since it would be a design flaw if that wasn't implemented..

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #243 of 9,124

Color customization for the universals is already a stretch goal. I assumed that it was a clicky dial for the ADEL setting on each side already. Can anyone comfirm this?

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #244 of 9,124
They already have plans for color options as stretch goal.
I wouldn't mind a KS exclusive IEM case smartphone to JH's round tin can type but in classic wood and carbon fiber option as 1 of the stretch goal.

IMO the Adel knob movement to be made similar like Astell Kern volume knob shouldn't be a stretch goal but a given feature since it would be a design flaw if that wasn't implemented..

Well they never officially announced the stretch goals (hopefully that'll come once the project is fully funded), but it was mentioned in the comments section. I love the case idea though!

Color customization for the universals is already a stretch goal. I assumed that it was a clicky dial for the ADEL setting on each side already. Can anyone comfirm this?

It isn't at this point. The only place I saw it mentioned was in the comments (and I've been following all of the threads closely):
@Levvy ...1) ADEL modules currently do not have detents as you adjust it (stretch goal?) 

Hopefully it'll be implemented, as imo it's quite necessary. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #245 of 9,124
This might help people in making decision

Ambient 2
$200+
Transducer configuration: 1-low, 1-mid/high

Ambient 4
$250
Transducer configuration: 2-low, 1-mid, 1-high

Ambient 8
$350
Transducer configuration: 4-low, 4-mid/high,

Ambient 12
$500
Transducer configuration: 6-low, 6-mid/hi

U4
$300
Transducer configuration: 2-low, 1-mid, 1-high

U5
$420
Transducer configuration: 1-low, 2-mid, 2-high

U6
$480
Transducer configuration: 2-low, 2-mid, 2-high

U8
$540
Transducer configuration: 4-low, 2-mid, 2-high

Nov 8, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #246 of 9,124

Ambient 8
$350
Transducer configuration: 4-low, 4-mid/high,

Ambient 12
$500
Transducer configuration: 6-low, 6-mid/hi

If so many driver can fit into such an earphone and given the frequency responses each are tuned for, could the armatures used in both solely be Knowles' TWFKs?

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #249 of 9,124
Adel A series I dont think are in production yet so no one except some testers  who have tried prototypes might have heard it.

I was hoping that 1964 had explained it already before but i missed seeing it. I might pm them bout it

Nov 8, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #250 of 9,124
"customizations for A-Series are included in the reward (due to nature of design, some customizations will not be possible. e.g....soft canal"
"Yes they are included for the A10 and A12 models, plus 32 standard colors."

Awesome. Free premium faceplates :)

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #251 of 9,124
Awesome. Free premium faceplates
smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately the ADEL module will only work with faceplates that have "Hello Kitty" printed on them.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #252 of 9,124
Ivabign, did you get your V6Ss through yet? I'm still trying to work out which way to go Re bass vs overall quality of Sound :D I suppose a better question might be 'is the V8 sound quality as good as the V6S just with a touch heavier bass?' :grin:

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #253 of 9,124
Ivabign, did you get your V6Ss through yet? I'm still trying to work out which way to go Re bass vs overall quality of Sound
biggrin.gif
I suppose a better question might be 'is the V8 sound quality as good as the V6S just with a touch heavier bass?' :grin:

+1 Ivabign, i'd love to hear how they compare since you happen to have both.

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #254 of 9,124
I have been spending time with my V8's to get a baseline (pun intended) response so I can accurately assess the V6S performance - I just don't have the time to put hours on these sometimes - but thoroughly enjoying having custom versions of my universal V8's

What really put a monkey wrench into things was hooking up my JH16fp's to the damned uber cable - sounds like a different (better) CIEM....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back