1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Nov 7, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #196 of 9,124
Is anyone here aware of the technical video? It does contain the internal designs schematics of the 12 DRIVER Ambient universal.

http://youtu.be/jq4rbBSY1zQ?t=10m20s

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #197 of 9,124
The V6-Stage has excellent bass, sub-bass extension, and low end detail retrieval, along with no upper bass bleed into the mids. If the track is bass light that is what you get, and if the track has loads of bass that is what you get. On the other hand, the V8 is designed with some bass emphasis.

I love good bass, but am not a basshead. I love the V6-Stage and thought the V8 was a bit too much on some tracks.

All according to my ears and of course YMMV.

Hope this helps someone!

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #198 of 9,124
The V6-Stage has excellent bass, sub-bass extension, and low end detail retrieval, along with no upper bass bleed into the mids. If the track is bass light that is what you get, and if the track has loads of bass that is what you get. On the other hand, the V8 is designed with some bass emphasis.

I love good bass, but am not a basshead. I love the V6-Stage and thought the V8 was a bit too much on some tracks.

All according to my ears and of course YMMV.

Hope this helps someone!

Interesting - so in your opinion, was the V8 as detailed as the V6S? I'm planning on going with the U8, but if I'd be sacrificing detail for a more bassy signature I may roll back to the U6 instead. I don't want to sacrifice anything just to get a more bassy signature, if you know what I mean.

Nov 7, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #199 of 9,124
I'm in the same boat as @Talai. What do you think of the soundstage of the V8 compared to the V6-S? Only reason for me to change my pledge from U6 to U8 would be to have a wider soundstage.

Also, if I was to (fully) open the ambience/bass port of the U8(V8), one could expect to have the same quantity of bass as an U6(V6-S) but with the 'better' soundstage of the U8(V8). In that case I would prefer the U8 for indoors with port open and outdoors with port (almost) closed. Appreciate any feedback

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #200 of 9,124
Talai

To my ears at times the V8 bass would bleed into the mids and disrupt some of the detail there. Otherwise the detail on both seemed equivalent - which means excellent as the V6-Stage is a loaded with detail, top to bottom.

Jobbing,

Soundstage on both is great! I may not be a basshead, but I am a soundstage-head and these really deliver. Better than full-sized open cans such as the T1 and the HE-560.

When it comes to the ADEL technology you know as much or more than me!

Nov 7, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #203 of 9,124
Talai

To my ears at times the V8 bass would bleed into the mids and disrupt some of the detail there. Otherwise the detail on both seemed equivalent - which means excellent as the V6-Stage is a loaded with detail, top to bottom.

Jobbing,

Soundstage on both is great! I may not be a basshead, but I am a soundstage-head and these really deliver. Better than full-sized open cans such as the T1 and the HE-560.

Thank you very much!!!

Nov 7, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #204 of 9,124
Talai

Jobbing,

I dont have any of the 1964 lineup but I have auditioned them extensively I must say; I agree with ericr's view about how the bass of the v8s does bleeds into the mids somehow. The bass from the v8s were overwhelming for some tracks but I guess this is just my preference YMMV. Though details are both great on v6s and V8, V6s fits more to my preference as I felt it had more air in mids and vocals and that magical soundstage. Not the say v8s soundstage aren't good, they are about the same but the bass on it does get in the way but I can see people enjoying them more for trance,edm,dubstep sorts of songs. 

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #205 of 9,124
I am sticking with more simpler solution of keeping volume low. Times like this, 1964 should just do a tour of the prototype so people get a taste of it or even events to show off the tech. Going in for a expensive blind leap is rather difficult.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #207 of 9,124
  I am sticking with more simpler solution of keeping volume low. Times like this, 1964 should just do a tour of the prototype so people get a taste of it or even events to show off the tech. Going in for a expensive blind leap is rather difficult.

+1

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #208 of 9,124

Yes. Well said. If we could only get the opportunity to audition the lineup, it'll certainly bolster their cause.

Nov 7, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #209 of 9,124

Aren't you guys missing the point of Kickstarter?  Aren't most of the projects on there a blind leap of faith?  When have you been able to use/test a product on Kickstarter before buying?  I agree, it's an expensive leap of faith but looks like many (suckers??) are taking it.  Not that it means this is a good project but it means 1964 has done a good job pricing and marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back