1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #7,006 of 9,124
Fair enough then.

Here's hoping 64 Ears at least gave Malaysia a chance to try the new flagships lol.

Something tells me the chances are extremely slim though.

E1 used to carry 64 Audio stuff, maybe you can contact them.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #7,007 of 9,124
E1 used to carry 64 Audio stuff, maybe you can contact them.

I did actually.

They only have the new APEX line up on sale but no demos of them (only the older ADEL series)

I tried talking to the guys there and they say they have no idea if 64 ears will send any demo units there. If at all.

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #7,008 of 9,124
Sorry to break y'all's flow, but I was wondering if discussion about 64's new product should be moved to a separate thread rather than in the "64 adel iem" thread?

So far there had been a lot of discussion that is only focusing on the new products that, imo, is off topic and clouds up this thread. Don't get me wrong, I'm as enthusiastic over the new TOTL product and the next iteration of advancement in iem technology as well.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #7,009 of 9,124
I did actually.

They only have the new APEX line up on sale but no demos of them (only the older ADEL series)

I tried talking to the guys there and they say they have no idea if 64 ears will send any demo units there. If at all.

Ah, times have changed (I'm from Ipoh).

While that settles, shouldn't you be saving up for Zeus?

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #7,010 of 9,124

Ah, times have changed (I'm from Ipoh).

While that settles, shouldn't you be saving up for Zeus?

I don't think I can save up for any TOTL IEMs. 
frown.gif

Though I won't mind settling in for a good starter IEM from these big companies (provided they're good sounding to my ears.) 
wink_face.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #7,011 of 9,124
Rin1990 Don't sweat it bro, there are lots of great IEMS out there that are reasonable and get you to 95%+ of the TOTL. Don't stress over a TOTL iem. I have quite a few and my modest Sony ex800st gets significant playing time and that was under $300. Just need to find your preferred signature and do some research. It's out there brother. Plus, the journey is more fun than the destination at times.

Back to the U18, is the price definite? Which was $3k or $3500? Any impressions from anyone not affiliated with 64 ears, especially the guy that helped tune it. If he didn't love it I'd be very disappointed in his skills. Wish I could tune an iem to my likings...no offense meant to the R&D gentleman, Vitaly?

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #7,012 of 9,124
@Rin1990 Don't sweat it bro, there are lots of great IEMS out there that are reasonable and get you to 95%+ of the TOTL. Don't stress over a TOTL iem. I have quite a few and my modest Sony ex800st gets significant playing time and that was under $300. Just need to find your preferred signature and do some research. It's out there brother. Plus, the journey is more fun than the destination at times.

Truth to be told, I do have a handful that are reasonably priced in my current budget bracket. I just thought that looking on the bright side, the XB50AP isn't all that terrible despite being very V-Shaped. So I ought to save a bit more.

So I am gonna be stuck with it for a few good months to come until I can finally get myself a really good one that won't destroy my wallet.

For me though, the joy isn't owning TOTL IEMs, it's the experience of testing and listening them then write a full story about them like I once did to Noble Audio, Mee Audio Pinnacle P1 and eventually I will do the same to Empire Ears and let the folks here know my honest thoughts. :D

I may be a poor guy that can't afford them, but I do have the luxury of writing them plenty of impression stories that could hopefully be helpful to the guys out there curious or doesn't have the chance to try them.

In fact, if you let me go back to trying out an Empire Ears IEM, preferrably their flagships, I can easily write a 15-20 page impression, not review. Because I didn't own the product so impressions are all I can write about but if I like something I can write a looooot about it. 
biggrin.gif

So yeah, it's all in good fun. For me there's more to experiencing TOTL IEMs than just owning them.

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #7,013 of 9,124
I very much enjoyed reading your Noble writings bro, very well done. Sorry if I sent the wrong message, I certainly didn't mean pride of ownership, I meant owning a TOTL to enjoy the actual music.

Any plans to do another right up like you did for other companies? I.E. 64 ears and the 18 driver monster would be great. :wink:

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #7,014 of 9,124
I very much enjoyed reading your Noble writings bro, very well done. Sorry if I sent the wrong message, I certainly didn't mean pride of ownership, I meant owning a TOTL to enjoy the actual music.

Any plans to do another right up like you did for other companies? I.E. 64 ears and the 18 driver monster would be great.
wink.gif

The pride of ownership never bothered me to be honest. If someone has an amazing SE846 for example and he's ultra happy with it, more power to him and at least he's got his money's worth and he's enjoying it.

And of course, the joy of having a TOTL IEM to enjoy music is a hunger that I cannot sate due to my pitiful monthly income. But hey, I am not complaining as long as I can sate that hunger by just trying them. 

I see it as staring into the stars at night in admiration. You like the sight of it, but you know you just can't reach it even if you stretch your arms towards it.

That sort of feeling.

Anyway, I am not sure if I want to go back to 64 Ears ADEL since last time I tried I didn't like them very much except for the A3 demo which IMO is very balanced with a nice bass punch. 

I am really doubtful if E1 Malaysia will ever have a chance to get the u18 Tzar and Tia Fourte. It feels like a product far too steep for them to get and if that's really the case then I am out of luck. lol.

Currently I am just focused on Empire Ears and Noble for the time being. But I will lean more on Empire for now as I have a whole lot to try, like their ADEL Olympus series and the mystical Effect Audio X Empire Ears' special product -- The Arthur. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #7,015 of 9,124
All these companies, are all copying the positioning of AK, new flagship every three day with ridiculous pricing and tons of other stuff in between to squeeze as much money as possible from us, and moreover, to keep the buzz active. Because when the buzz stops, there is silence, and silence allows people to think, and see how empty some claims are. If we believe everytime someone says an iem is a HUGE step up all the existing offers, well we should be in the clouds.

The reality is that very few things I have heard can touch the SE5 for instance, and it was out years ago, with only 5 drivers.

I respect companies like Shure, they put out a new product every few years, with TRUE innovation and benefit. You just need to listen to 535, 846 and KSE1500 to understand. In ear is like that too and I am sure their Prophile will be a hit.

We will see which overhyped products will stand the test of time...

And to those who think I am bitter because I cannot afford, it is not true. I can afford, I even buy some 3k stuff. I just like companies to have consistency. 1964 used to be positioned as one of the best bang for the buck CIEM makers and everyone respected them for that. Then they put out the ADEL concept, but the iems needed upgraded modules to sound their best. These modules were barely available that they are switching to another tech because of business agreement issues, and in all this confusion, they put out two new models at double the price of the very recent flagship.

I am sorry to say, but it seems like the head of strategy is either on LSD or doesn't exist.

What these people fail to comprehend is that this price hike is pushing them to an ever smaller client segment, until this segment will not exist. I don't think two years from now people will want to pay 8k a DAP and 10k an iem. There is a limit, and we are reaching it.

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #7,017 of 9,124
A little update, having swapped my A12 for an A10 a couple of weeks ago:

I am much happier! To me, the A10 sounds less bloated, more balanced and more detailed. Do not be mistaken about bass - the A10 has PLENTY of bass, staying prominent way down at the bottom of sub-bass territory. The A10 is still a warm IEM, just not overly so like the A12. There is no harshness at all - the A10s can be listened to for long periods and poor recordings won't sound horrible. I like my A6 but they can be harsh/unforgiving at times.

There are no problems with low impedance sources with either the A10 or A6.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #7,018 of 9,124
A little update, having swapped my A12 for an A10 a couple of weeks ago:

I am much happier! To me, the A10 sounds less bloated, more balanced and more detailed. Do not be mistaken about bass - the A10 has PLENTY of bass, staying prominent way down at the bottom of sub-bass territory. The A10 is still a warm IEM, just not overly so like the A12. There is no harshness at all - the A10s can be listened to for long periods and poor recordings won't sound horrible. I like my A6 but they can be harsh/unforgiving at times.

There are no problems with low impedance sources with either the A10 or A6.

And what are the ADEL modules you were using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back