1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 12, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #7,023 of 9,124
A little update, having swapped my A12 for an A10 a couple of weeks ago:

I am much happier! To me, the A10 sounds less bloated, more balanced and more detailed. Do not be mistaken about bass - the A10 has PLENTY of bass, staying prominent way down at the bottom of sub-bass territory. The A10 is still a warm IEM, just not overly so like the A12. There is no harshness at all - the A10s can be listened to for long periods and poor recordings won't sound horrible. I like my A6 but they can be harsh/unforgiving at times.

There are no problems with low impedance sources with either the A10 or A6.

Awesome... finally I have someone's opinion... I just ordered the A10 with the new M15 module, and I have been searching to find enough members who have the A10...I have the A6 at the moment...

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #7,024 of 9,124
I respect companies like Shure, they put out a new product every few years, with TRUE innovation and benefit. You just need to listen to 535, 846 and KSE1500 to understand. In ear is like that too and I am sure their Prophile will be a hit.

I can only agree. I assumed, from what I had read in the past, that the 535 was low on bass. So lately at CanJam EU I tried the 535 and 846 at Shure's booth. Guess what, I liked them. The 535 had a fine amount of bass for me and the 846 sounded better especially in the bass department. Not that it justifies the price increase in my belief but who I'm I to keep anyone from buying.
It's a very comfortable IEM and very good sounding. Although at full price I prefer the U8 on sound, the 846 on comfort.
I have had my toes dipped in the higher marketsegment and I'd made up my mind. Most of the time it isn't worth it is my opinion.

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #7,025 of 9,124
I can only agree. I assumed, from what I had read in the past, that the 535 was low on bass. So lately at CanJam EU I tried the 535 and 846 at Shure's booth. Guess what, I liked them. The 535 had a fine amount of bass for me and the 846 sounded better especially in the bass department. Not that it justifies the price increase in my belief but who I'm I to keep anyone from buying.
It's a very comfortable IEM and very good sounding. Although at full price I prefer the U8 on sound, the 846 on comfort.
I have had my toes dipped in the higher marketsegment and I'd made up my mind. Most of the time it isn't worth it is my opinion.

The only time I'd say it is worth it is when an entirely new and unique technology is created; ADEL/Chord FPGA/KSE1500. Even in that scenario, I am likely to wait for competition to lower prices.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #7,026 of 9,124
  I would like to clarify that my personal impressions are just that.. personal thoughts and opinions. I was not told to post that...  it is just personal excitement that drove me to write what I thought I heard. I work for 64 so you guys are aware and know that I may be biased (which I am trying as hard as possible not to be). So please keep in mind my impressions and opinions are just that... subjective personal opinions. So I advise you take them with a grain of salt.

I highly recommend you guys hear and decide for yourselves if opportunity presents itself for you guys to demo them.

There will definitely be more opportunities for you guys to demo them so I highly encourage those that can to do so and to form their own impressions and opinions.

It would also be very nice to have people that have already demoed them to post their own impressions and descriptions... that would be awesome!

Thank you guys for understanding.

Vitaliy G.
64 Audio

I had a chance to audition the Tzar and Tia iems for 3 consecutive days at the RMAF and I was very impressed. Ever since I purchased the Senn HD800S' earlier this year I was hoping to find an iem that might possess some of the characteristics of the 800S, which I consider to be a TOTL headphone.. For me, the Tia comes very close to achieving the characteristics that I love about the 800S. The Tia has fantastic clarity, a very big, wide and deep sound stage with great instrument separation. It offers a very spacious presentation and the tonal balance is excellent. The Tzar on the other hand is a warmer sounding iem with a more pronounced mid/upper bass with less sub bass as compared to the Tia. The clarity is also excellent, but the characteristics I used to describe the Tia are there but in less quantity. I believe the Tzar is a fuller sounding iem and more intimate than the Tia. I also compared these two new iems to the U12 and found the improvement in sound quality to be immediately noticeable. As you all know, a good ear canal seal is imperative in order to extract the most from an in ear monitor and over the course of the 3 days I did have some challenges. In my case I would absolutely have to do a custom fit. For these auditions I used my Ibasso DX100 with high quality recordings/mastering that varied from rock, progressive rock, jazz to acoustic jazz. - Hope this helps a little. Also, a big thanks to the 64 audio team @Videl for 3 days of conversing and auditioning, 

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #7,027 of 9,124
@DWbirdseye, you nailed it. I agree with your impressions of the Tia and Tzar. I did not listen to Tia for more than 5 mins and in that time, what I heard was a good balanced sound with slightly laid-back mids, excellent separation and clarity. I couldn't get a good read on the presentation and spatial qualities, as it was quite different from a BA or a DD presentation. The U18Tzar felt like an improved and refined U10. 

Christopher and Vitaliy G. were very nice people. They were kind enough to sit with me and explain in simple terms, the technology behind Tia and we also had an interesting discussion on why different cables can sound different. 

Although I do not agree on the price tags of these new flagships, its good to see some new technology find its way into the IEM world. Hopefully Tia will become more affordable in the future.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #7,029 of 9,124
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #7,030 of 9,124
Kinda just caught up on the thread, $3500 for U18? first, really 18 drivers? second $3.5K? No thanks.

I hope Adele will partner with someone like Schiit (who I have great respect for not pricing things out to the stratophere just because), and make a headphones to crush all these greedy companies. 

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #7,031 of 9,124
  Kinda just caught up on the thread, $3500 for U18? first, really 18 drivers? second $3.5K? No thanks.

I hope Adele will partner with someone like Schiit (who I have great respect for not pricing things out to the stratophere just because), and make a headphones to crush all these greedy companies. 

sorry to break the news to you, it not GREEDY, but it call Capitalism
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #7,032 of 9,124

sorry to break the news to you, it not GREEDY, but it call Capitalism
biggrin.gif

The impact on the customers is still the same :wink:

The price might be due to various factors, but the DAPs and IEMs being priced like this is a very bad trend. Hope sanity returns to the prices of these products soon.

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #7,034 of 9,124
Marketing 101 - make the consumer feel they have to buy your product because everybody else has

anyone remember the pet rock, mood rings, etc.? all genius marketing ploys. not saying that applies here, but if a product is properly marketed the sales will follow

although after reading the last 10 pages of this thread I am now holding off buying any CIEM until I get a listen regardless of price or any other factor

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #7,035 of 9,124
Marketing 101 - make the consumer feel they have to buy your product because everybody else has

anyone remember the pet rock, mood rings, etc.? all genius marketing ploys. not saying that applies here, but if a product is properly marketed the sales will follow

although after reading the last 10 pages of this thread I am now holding off buying any CIEM until I get a listen regardless of price or any other factor

When I first joined this hobby I was easily impressed. Now it's hard to impress me with audio gear and I'd never buy a custom without hearing it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back