1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,966 of 9,124
  They're all out, but we're doing double checks right now (there's 3 lists and it can be confusing at times, for the varying levels of backers and whos getting what). If you PM me your name, I'll check in the computer and get back to you with the status of your pair.

The universal A12, IS the U12. U stands for universal fit. 

I spent a day last week comparing my A12s with B1s to LCD4s, if you're curious about my impressions there. I ADORE the LCD4s, Audeze is hands down my favorite over ear headphone company. Yes some might do this or that better, but LCD4 especially ticks all my boxes.

The bubble tips on the U-Series, do stick out a bit more than other tips but really not much. They inflate in your ear canal, rather than sorta mating against the opening to your ear canal. But this is also just in it's current version, maybe production will be a different case (in terms of how far it will or wont stick out of your ear when inflated).

I'm not sure where the hybrid tip version is in terms of how close it is to production, I can tell you that it's certainly closer than the full bubble. Like alot closer.

I sorta get the impression that maybe your idea of 3D sound is different than others. I think you totally grasp what I'm talking about regarding comparing hybrid tips to bigger headphones that shake and give a sense of presence and experience, we see eye to eye with this use of the term. However, I think some people that are saying A12 3D sound is more in terms that you can close your eyes and really pick out where each instrument is placed and how far or close they are. This can be another use of that term.

The model I tried had a A12 on the side, ice blue color and a very long stem. You sir are tempting me again and again! Will there be a U12 MAM module in the box to your distributors any time soon after the kick starter ones are finished? I rather save a little and not have the S1 module.

I can see what they mean by instrument separation, I don't expect speaker level 3D, but I'm up for a decent amount better than any IEM level 3D.

Thanks again!

Apr 28, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #4,967 of 9,124
Regardless of what it says on the side letter wise, it's the same guts. That's why I'll sometimes refer to models solely by their number on here, it's more common in a show/demo environment, but it happens from time to time on here.

And it'll be up the dealers, if they want to purchase MAMs to stock for their customers or not. Otherwise you'll have to go through 64.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #4,968 of 9,124
Think I might have to pull the trigger on the A12 with that sale. I have the V8 currently, and am loaning the U12 from them to try out right now. Didn't think there would be that much of a difference, but the high end and sound stage is much improved. There is definitely a lot of mid-bass bloat on the U12 (it has the S1), so I'm glad to hear the B1 can curb that. I love bass heavy headphones, but this mid-bass hump is just too much.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #4,972 of 9,124
Just got a pair of U6s today and I'm really impressed with how good these sound.

They sound like a pair of open back headphones in some ways. Tried the U10s and they sound phenomenal but theyre way to expensive for my tastes.

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #4,973 of 9,124
Well the sale seals the deal for me. U6 or U12... Which to choose? Anybody have any experience with both?

Posted my short impression here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4890#post_12525796

Apr 29, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #4,974 of 9,124
honestly u12 with all the tweaking and modules it has coming is simply one of the best iems to this day

I am one who is suffering from having fit issues with eartips, and Brooko explained how to insert iems properly, which helped alot alot

I am so eager to see the inflated tips coming as that is what will make a huge huge change in the whole iem industry

until then I am now in the process in making a mold and getting the A12 and it will be interesting to compare an A12 with a U12 and inflated tips

Apr 29, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #4,975 of 9,124
Posted my short impression here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/4890#post_12525796

@twister6, thanks for the sharing.

Would you consider the U6 a better bang for the buck vs the U12, or is it not that simple due to the different signatures?

Can you recommend an aftermarket cable for the U6?

Cheers!

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #4,977 of 9,124
Just got my B1 module today and WOW night and day difference. Aside from the lesser isolation, I dont see anyone preferring the S1 over these. If you thought the s1 was fatigue free, these take it to another level.

Is it just me or does everything sound thicker as well? Very very happy i decided to purchase the b1s.

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #4,978 of 9,124
Just got my B1 module today and WOW night and day difference. Aside from the lesser isolation, I dont see anyone preferring the S1 over these. If you thought the s1 was fatigue free, these take it to another level.

Is it just me or does everything sound thicker as well? Very very happy i decided to purchase the b1s.

Which ADEL model are you using?

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #4,979 of 9,124
Never owned the JH products, but the veil on the A12 w/S1 is very noticeable, it's like being in a cave, or fog or an overcast sky. The B1 is like stepping out of the cave, watching the fog dissapear or pulling back the clouds to reveal the light. How's that for analogies? :wink:

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #4,980 of 9,124

When you say thicker, do you mean the thickness of the notes? I felt the notes on the U10 were thick already with the S1. I was hoping the B1 would reduce the thickness by a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back