1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 28, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #4,952 of 9,124
  The B1 module takes my A12 to another level. I could live with it like this and be happy. If the MAM even improves on that, this would be amazing.

I know, honestly what were they thinking with the S1?  It's night and day.=P  I'm glad I didn't do anything brash like buy the A10 or sell my mojo, for the first time I truly feel like I have an end-game setup.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #4,955 of 9,124
Canyon, have all the mam modules shipped for u12 ks backers? Eagerly awaiting mine. Thanks.

They're all out, but we're doing double checks right now (there's 3 lists and it can be confusing at times, for the varying levels of backers and whos getting what). If you PM me your name, I'll check in the computer and get back to you with the status of your pair.

Thank you, I can imagine what you mean, I managed to demo a pair of universal A12 (not u12) today. They do sound great, a decent amount better than my se846, but personally not enough to get it now (different story if there is no bubble, so thanks for your heads up), I can wait a bit, need to wait for a version with the MAM anyway.

I do like them better than my LCD2, I hope you can poke him into getting into it earlier, not like the design of the bubble will see a significant change right? If the hypothetical 3 driver can achieve slightly better than the A12s I'll be very happy. I feel the U12 + bubble add on will stick out too much for my liking, hoping for everything to be integrated in a neat package.

To my ears, with the S1, I still think there is a bit of hype about the 3D sound, it's very good for an iem but not what I imagine reading about it. Hopefully the new bubble technology will change that.

Who knows, I might give in if there is a U12 MAM version for sale and the bubble driver development has still not started.

Please, please, please do have a remote cable version at launch!

The universal A12, IS the U12. U stands for universal fit. 

I spent a day last week comparing my A12s with B1s to LCD4s, if you're curious about my impressions there. I ADORE the LCD4s, Audeze is hands down my favorite over ear headphone company. Yes some might do this or that better, but LCD4 especially ticks all my boxes.

The bubble tips on the U-Series, do stick out a bit more than other tips but really not much. They inflate in your ear canal, rather than sorta mating against the opening to your ear canal. But this is also just in it's current version, maybe production will be a different case (in terms of how far it will or wont stick out of your ear when inflated).

I'm not sure where the hybrid tip version is in terms of how close it is to production, I can tell you that it's certainly closer than the full bubble. Like alot closer.

I sorta get the impression that maybe your idea of 3D sound is different than others. I think you totally grasp what I'm talking about regarding comparing hybrid tips to bigger headphones that shake and give a sense of presence and experience, we see eye to eye with this use of the term. However, I think some people that are saying A12 3D sound is more in terms that you can close your eyes and really pick out where each instrument is placed and how far or close they are. This can be another use of that term.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,956 of 9,124
  They're all out, but we're doing double checks right now (there's 3 lists and it can be confusing at times, for the varying levels of backers and whos getting what). If you PM me your name, I'll check in the computer and get back to you with the status of your pair.

I spent a day last week comparing my A12s with B1s to LCD4s, if you're curious about my impressions there. I ADORE the LCD4s, Audeze is hands down my favorite over ear headphone company. Yes some might do this or that better, but LCD4 especially ticks all my boxes.

The bubble tips on the U-Series, do stick out a bit more than other tips but really not much. They inflate in your ear canal, rather than sorta mating against the opening to your ear canal. But this is also just in it's current version, maybe production will be a different case (in terms of how far it will or wont stick out of your ear when inflated).

I'm not sure where the hybrid tip version is in terms of how close it is to production, I can tell you that it's certainly closer than the full bubble. Like alot closer.

I sorta get the impression that maybe your idea of 3D sound is different than others. I think you totally grasp what I'm talking about regarding comparing hybrid tips to bigger headphones that shake and give a sense of presence and experience, we see eye to eye with this use of the term. However, I think some people that are saying A12 3D sound is more in terms that you can close your eyes and really pick out where each instrument is placed and how far or close they are. This can be another use of that term.

Have you listened to the HE-1000's? I borrowed the LCD-4's for a few days to see if I wanted to buy them. I wouldn't even put them in the same class. The LCD-4's sound like closed headphones in comparison.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,957 of 9,124

Have you listened to the HE-1000's? I borrowed the LCD-4's for a few days to see if I wanted to buy them. I wouldn't even put them in the same class. The LCD-4's sound like closed headphones in comparison.

Yeah I listened to the HE-1000 at Rocky Mountain CanJam in October, still among my favorites, but personally I like the LCD4 better. HE-1000 is a close second place however.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,958 of 9,124
  Yea but you sacrificed the bass, don't u?

sometimes you can have too much of a good thing, per an individuals taste of course.  The A12 w/S1 was way too much midbass for me, it can be seen clearly in the FR graphs people have done.  To me, it made it sound like the sound was coming out of some cave far away, veiled and dark and unclear.  I much prefer clarity and I still have plenty of bass, especially sub bass with the A12 B1.  If you prefer an all-powerful bass, so much so that it veils the mids and highs, go for S1.

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #4,959 of 9,124

Yes I can absolutely close my eyes and pickout where an instrument is, it's insane with A12 and the effect is even more powerful with B1 and the increased soundstage it brings.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #4,960 of 9,124
Im really surpirised theres not more talk on here about the lower level U2s. I just bought a pair of these after a lengthy auditoning of the U2, U3, U5, U6 and U12 and im amazed at how good these sound. They definitely have the best mids out of all others i tried imo and sound the most balanced. I think the U6 is skightly superior due to the lwer bass extension but its not $600AUD better.

Gonna start selling some gear to save for the U6s. Oh and on a side note i thought the U12s were horrible. To me it sounded like the bass drivers were out of phase and that they unit was trying to hard mechanically and electeonically to produce thay type of sound. I love bass but i thoight the U12s bass was one note and way too overbesring to the pint that the mids, whilst not bled into get completely overshadowed by the immense amplitude of the bass. I auditioned all of the through the Chord Mojo.

I'll be kicking myself forever for not going all the way for the A6. Lower bass extension is exactly what my A3 is missing. It's depressing really. Mids are a bit forward, highs are ok, but the bass is weak. It's like listening to a 3-way stereo without subs. Imaging and everything is nice and detailed, but these aren't worth $700, unfortunately. I wish I could've auditioned these like you, instead of going by a graph, comparing prices, and hoping for the best. 

Are there any DAPs in the 300-ish range that you guys would recommend for bass without sacrificing clarity and highs? 

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #4,961 of 9,124

Are there any DAPs in the 300-ish range that you guys would recommend for bass without sacrificing clarity and highs? 

I own the Fiio X3ii and have tried the X5ii. The bass on both the devices is tight and clean. For my personal preference though, I find the bass on X3ii and X5ii lacking depth, authority and impact.

Other devices in the price range that you can check out are: Cowon Plenue D, iBasso DX80, Cayin N5 and Shanling M2. I remember reading somewhere that, DX80's bass had good authority and slam. But that was just one person's statement. Be sure to ask in the DX80 thread though. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #4,962 of 9,124
  I'll be kicking myself forever for not going all the way for the A6. Lower bass extension is exactly what my A3 is missing. It's depressing really. Mids are a bit forward, highs are ok, but the bass is weak. It's like listening to a 3-way stereo without subs. Imaging and everything is nice and detailed, but these aren't worth $700, unfortunately. I wish I could've auditioned these like you, instead of going by a graph, comparing prices, and hoping for the best. 

You might want to try some eq probably. But I think that ultimately it boils down to personal preference. I bet there are many people who would prefer the A3, because they don't like what to them may be "too much bass." If you're a musician however, I would imagine that you would more likely incline to having some more low end in your iems. I have the V6S which are similar to the A6 and to me they have very nice bass, but what I like the most is the clarity on those. I think overall, they are great all all-arounders for most people. But if you really like you bass, the A8 won't disappoint you for sure. Great IEM if you like some low end. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #4,963 of 9,124

Sony NW-A25

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #4,964 of 9,124
Surprise!

Have you received your tax return? Lets celebrate! 
Get 15% off on all A-Series and U-Series In-Ear Monitors this week only! Promotion only applies to orders from USA.

Sale goes from Thursday, April 28 - Saturday, April 30, 11:59pm PST. 
*This promo can’t be used with any other discount. Ear impressions are required for Custom IEM orders.

Go to www.64audio.com/designer to create and place your order

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #4,965 of 9,124
Surprise!

Have you received your tax return? Lets celebrate! 
Get 15% off on all A-Series and U-Series In-Ear Monitors this week only! Promotion only applies to orders from USA.

Sale goes from Thursday, April 28 - Saturday, April 30, 11:59pm PST. 
*This promo can’t be used with any other discount. Ear impressions are required for Custom IEM orders.

Go to www.64audio.com/designer to create and place your order

Damn ashame im not in the us. Looking to get a pair of U6s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back