1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 29, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #4,981 of 9,124
Which ADEL model are you using?

Using the A12s. Before switching to the B1, bass was also too much for me especially on my Lotoo Paw gold. I agree with everyone's comments on the B1 clearer highs, wider sound stage, less veil, etc.

For me, Using the S1 the a12s sounded like a better detailed version of se846. Now with the B1, it really feels like an open backiem. Sometimes i feel like it may be leaking sound due to how open it feels. (Doesn't leak though, just feels like it)

Honestly, i feel like 64 audio could have skipped the S1 and used the B1 as a standard.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #4,982 of 9,124
When you say thicker, do you mean the thickness of the notes? I felt the notes on the U10 were thick already with the S1. I was hoping the B1 would reduce the thickness by a bit.

Yes thickness of notes. The thickness i am experiencing maybe because i am able to listen to higher volumes on the Lotoo gold with the B1 without the bass becoming too overpowering. Before this, i felt the Lotoo sounded a bit thin.

It might be just with the lotoo because i did not experience a thicker sound with my already thick sounding dx80 or mojo.

Apr 29, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #4,983 of 9,124
Yes thickness of notes. The thickness i am experiencing maybe because i am able to listen to higher volumes on the Lotoo gold with the B1 without the bass becoming too overpowering. Before this, i felt the Lotoo sounded a bit thin.

It might be just with the lotoo because i did not experience a thicker sound with my already thick sounding dx80 or mojo.

Ah, I see. So the change was for the good when listening with the Lotoo.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #4,984 of 9,124
B1's are the solution. Bought 2 sets for both of my 12's. Initial impressions are definitely felt but the more I listen with these modules the more I'm convinced I have finally arrived at my end-game. Couldn't be happier :)

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,985 of 9,124
As I indicated before, I placed an order for the U12 w/ B1 on Wednesday, and of course Murphy Law dictates how everything work in this world. So the next day on Thursday Canyon Runner announced the 15 percent discount sale and I almost killed myself when I read the announcement.  So I called Isabel today and that sweet little girl told me that she will apply that discount to my order that I placed the day before the sale. Furthermore, she told me that they are ready to ship my U12 in a day or so.  When you guys said that the customer service is great in the posts, I wasn't so sure but now I can see customer satisfaction is more important to the company than making a few quick bucks. I am happy to pay for it even without the sale, but how they treat me left a sweet taste in my mouth. Long live 64Audio.  64Audio for life.  So much better than JH.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #4,986 of 9,124
B1 filter is amazing, indeed, and also gives you a taste of MAM adjustment effect relative to a default S1.  Once I got it, I replaced MAM with B1 and never looked back, but MAM still has benefits.  If I remember correctly, you can fine tune it further to reduce low end impact a little more (which cleans up lower mids, thus causing less "veil"), and the most important - some people have a different hearing level between Left and Right sides.  Either S1 or B1 have a mirrored fixed adjustment between Left/Right, but MAM will let you fine-tune each ear to find a sweet spot.  Personally, it drove me crazy because I was micro-adjusting the tuning, thinking it sounds great with one song, but not as much with another one - just splitting hairs.  So, I just ended up keeping MAM fully open.  But it doesn't mean others will feel the same, and perhaps won't mind experimenting with MAM.

Regarding S1, I know it's getting a bad rep, but I'm sure some will actually enjoy extra bass.  Many A12/U12 owners comment on B1 being a godsend, but I'm sure those who got A8/U8 for the purpose of more bass - will actually enjoy S1 and will consider B1 watering down their sound lol!!!

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #4,987 of 9,124
I got lucky and scored a set of MAM here.. so will get a chance to test them out with my U12, personally I don't find the U12 bass too overwhelming, I guess this is due to A12 vs U12, I'm also using silicon tip which I find helps with the bass bloom quite a bit compared to comply.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #4,988 of 9,124
KHragon, which silicon tip did you buy?  I have just ordered the Sureseal ASG tips, the Spinfit c-100, the RHA dual density series, I will find out which ones are the best.  But the Sureseal tips are a little hard to find as Fender has bought the company, so a lot of places do not have the Sureseal anymore.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #4,991 of 9,124
Also people seems to think that the Ciem (A12) delivers more bass than the universal series (U12) because of the custom fitting.  I have the JH13FP CIEM for a long time and I really don't think Ciem seal that much better than the universal version.  In fact, I felt the universal seal with the right tip can have better seal than ciem.  My Etymotic ers4 with the triple flange has the best seal of any iems that I have.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #4,992 of 9,124

Regarding S1, I know it's getting a bad rep, but I'm sure some will actually enjoy extra bass.  Many A12/U12 owners comment on B1 being a godsend, but I'm sure those who got A8/U8 for the purpose of more bass - will actually enjoy S1 and will consider B1 watering down their sound lol!!!

I second that. If you like your bass, the S1 is the way to go. 
  KHragon, which silicon tip did you buy?  I have just ordered the Sureseal ASG tips, the Spinfit c-100, the RHA dual density series, I will find out which ones are the best.  But the Sureseal tips are a little hard to find as Fender has bought the company, so a lot of places do not have the Sureseal anymore.

Where did you buy the Sureseals? Did you get the pack with different sizes? 

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #4,993 of 9,124
Now I have got the monitors and the tips down, I am working on cables.  Is it a general agreement that silver cable is best to match the U12's sound signature because of its darker, warmer tone and lighter treble?  From what most reviews in this thread indicate, I am a little worry about the treble being absence or recessed. If so, what is the best silver cable available now. I am thinking about the DHC 8 braids silver litz but you have to wait 5-6 months for it so it is really not that much available.  Please give your suggestions.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #4,995 of 9,124

I'm using SpinFit CP100-SS, I haven't tried other silicon one like Sureseal, looking forward to your comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back