1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 22, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #4,891 of 9,124
  @twister6, we might need one of you guys to review the U8s as well. I have the U8s and V6S and I really like them the same. I think they complement each other for various genres. But I'm holding off on upgrading my V6S to an A6, because I've contemplated selling my U8s and use the upgrade investment to buy the A12s.

I love both IEMs and reaclly can't complaint about them and believe they complement each other very well. But if the U12s and U8s are similar on the bass department, I would consider keeping the A6 and upgrading to the A12s to complement each other. Steve, can you advise a little on how the U8 and U12 compare? 

The best way I put the 8 is the A6 with a bump in bass. The 8 is similar to the 12, without as full & lush of a mid range and less sparkly top end.

Same soundstage width between the models, or really any ADEL model is pretty similar in terms of soundstage. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #4,893 of 9,124
Does anyone knows what is the best way to audition the various models? I called 64 audio and found out that they don't go to shows that often and most of their dealers do not have any model for auditions. It is very hard to decide on the different models base on users descriptions here. It is even harder to order any custom model as they are custom and do not have a return policy. 64audio does have an audition program but it is not available for 3-4 weeks (u/12) and by then the other model that I am interested may not be around and as a result I cannot compare them side by side. The best scenario I can see is to go to an audio show like can jam where they have their full line available for auction (too bad I missed the last one). I was told the next show they will attend is in July in Mississippi or Misouri. They don't even know if they will be attending the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in September. but then again, I don't want to wait till September.

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #4,894 of 9,124
Does anyone knows what is the best way to audition the various models? I called 64 audio and found out that they don't go to shows that often and most of their dealers do not have any model for auditions. It is very hard to decide on the different models base on users descriptions here. It is even harder to order any custom model as they are custom and do not have a return policy. 64audio does have an audition program but it is not available for 3-4 weeks (u/12) and by then the other model that I am interested may not be around and as a result I cannot compare them side by side. The best scenario I can see is to go to an audio show like can jam where they have their full line available for auction (too bad I missed the last one). I was told the next show they will attend is in July in Mississippi or Misouri. They don't even know if they will be attending the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in September. but then again, I don't want to wait till September.

Actually you can put your name down for all the models you are interested in. And it may take a week or two extra than the regular wait time. But it is totally worth it. Please be aware that there is a safety deposit for each IEM. It is usually 80% of the price of the U series counterpart. 

Your other option is to fly down to Portland and pay them a visit. Spirit Airlines has cheap tickets to Portland from many locations. 

The benefit of buying it during a shows is, you can get free ear impressions and 20% off the price off the item. That is $300. But if you are not from the location where the show takes place, the travel cost might eat that $300 up.

Apr 22, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #4,895 of 9,124
i have a question which may not be answered here, but i thought to ask anyway, and english is not my first language so its a bit diffcult to describe 

so many times i noticed especially with iems, that i have this issue where the pressure inside my ears needs to be adjusted and i do this by closing my nose and blowing inwards, but then i notice the sound level volume gets reduced
now if i yawn afterwards my ears open up,  i tried listening to music then like after yawning but it becomes not a comfortable feeling to listen to music this way, yes its louder but not comfortable.

i have been experiencing this since childhood anyone can relate to this

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #4,896 of 9,124
  i have a question which may not be answered here, but i thought to ask anyway, and english is not my first language so its a bit diffcult to describe 

so many times i noticed especially with iems, that i have this issue where the pressure inside my ears needs to be adjusted and i do this by closing my nose and blowing inwards, but then i notice the sound level volume gets reduced
now if i yawn afterwards my ears open up,  i tried listening to music then like after yawning but it becomes not a comfortable feeling to listen to music this way, yes its louder but not comfortable.

Your ears have wax need to be cleaned.

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #4,897 of 9,124
  Your ears have wax need to be cleaned.

well i clean them every week with hydorgen peroxide and do not see that i have wax coming out from them in a strange way

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:44 PM Post #4,898 of 9,124

What you're talking about is a pressure vacuum inside your ear (pressure seal) - which can sometimes happen (mostly with BAs) where there is no port to release the pressure.  It happens just like a change in pressure when you're flying.  What it may do is trigger the acoustic reflex momentarily as well - which is why you get the drop in volume too.  With dynamic drivers you also experience flex.

The easiest way to relieve/avoid it is to pull your upper earlobe up and back, or your lower earlobe down and forward when inserting the IEM.  This allows a gap before sealing which should relieve some of that pressure.

Using an earphone with Adel should greatly alleviate this because of the Adel membrane (absorbs and releases that pressure).  With the MAMs especially - it simply doesn't occur for me at all regardless of how good the seal is.

Oh - and is has nothing to do with wax 
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #4,899 of 9,124

What you're talking about is a pressure vacuum inside your ear (pressure seal) - which can sometimes happen (mostly with BAs) where there is no port to release the pressure.  It happens just like a change in pressure when you're flying.  What it may do is trigger the acoustic reflex momentarily as well - which is why you get the drop in volume too.  With dynamic drivers you also experience flex.

The easiest way to relieve/avoid it is to pull your upper earlobe up and back, or your lower earlobe down and forward when inserting the IEM.  This allows a gap before sealing which should relieve some of that pressure.

Using an earphone with Adel should greatly alleviate this because of the Adel membrane (absorbs and releases that pressure).  With the MAMs especially - it simply doesn't occur for me at all regardless of how good the seal is.

Oh - and is has nothing to do with wax 
wink.gif

thanks brooko u r the best , i will try this and report back, although i happens with my ie800 as well

update: so i tried pulling lower ear lobe down and forward and now i am not experiencning this at all, and i listen at lower volume, what a great advise brooko as this pressure thing was so irritating to me for a long time. You are right with u12 it did not happen as much like other iems.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #4,901 of 9,124
  thanks brooko u r the best , i will try this and report back, although i happens with my ie800 as well

update: so i tried pulling lower ear lobe down and forward and now i am not experiencning this at all, and i listen at lower volume, what a great advise brooko as this pressure thing was so irritating to me for a long time. You are right with u12 it did not happen as much like other iems.

How do you pull your earlobe down and forward? by hands? 

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #4,902 of 9,124
So some quick impressions with U8 and B1 module.  Chain is Gumby->Balanced XLR->Liquid Carbon->SE->UE Buffer Cable->U8 with medium Spinfits and B1 module.  WOW!  The B1 module fixed my one grip with the U8, the mid bass bump.  I would say the U8 sounds a lot like the HD650 with a little less treble extension.  I've modded my HD650 to reduce the midbass bump and that has been my reference phone for quite some time.  The U8 were bass monsters but because they lacked the high end to offset the amazing bass, they felt dark and closed in, even though instrument separation, imaging etc. were all good.  Now with the B1 module installed it evens out the bass and allows the mids and treble to line up better for a more even frequency response.  The U8 would be perfect if it had a little more treble but I guess that's what the U12 is for.  

Super impressed with the Adel tech and especially the B1 module.  I can't wait to compare it to the MAM when it arrives.  

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #4,903 of 9,124

How do you pull your earlobe down and forward? by hands? 

Yes - grab IEM in normal hand.  Reach across your body with the opposite hand, and simply manipulate your ears to release the pressure.

Note that you shouldn't need to do this with the 64 Audio Adel fitted IEMs 
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #4,905 of 9,124

Yes - grab IEM in normal hand.  Reach across your body with the opposite hand, and simply manipulate your ears to release the pressure.

Note that you shouldn't need to do this with the 64 Audio Adel fitted IEMs 
wink.gif

Actually, I feel that if you do indeed do so it would help you provide a better positioning of the IEMs in your ear, especially in the canal region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back