1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 23, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #4,906 of 9,124
Not in my case.  Moisten the tips.  Put them in.  Good to go.  I have no pressure issues with my U6, so it would be a waste of time for me.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,908 of 9,124
Hi Canyon, I am very interested and have a few questions about the bubble if you can answer them:
  • I understand there will be a standalone bubble version, this does not require a custom mold right?
  • For the stand alone version, where does the pump power come from? A standalone battery pack? 3.5mm jack?
  • Is there a known lifetime of the bubble, e.g leaks?
  • The bubble takes the place of the lens, which means the adel module is not required? If so the isolation will be much better for the bubble?
  • Am I correct in understanding that 2BA drivers sounds like the A10? Will dynamic drivers or both be considered?
  • Will the pump be placed near the IEM or near the 3.5mm jack? Where will the extra bulk be added?
Thank you in advance for your answers!

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #4,909 of 9,124
  Hi Canyon, I am very interested and have a few questions about the bubble if you can answer them:
  • I understand there will be a standalone bubble version, this does not require a custom mold right?
  • For the stand alone version, where does the pump power come from? A standalone battery pack? 3.5mm jack?
  • Is there a known lifetime of the bubble, e.g leaks?
  • The bubble takes the place of the lens, which means the adel module is not required? If so the isolation will be much better for the bubble?
  • Am I correct in understanding that 2BA drivers sounds like the A10? Will dynamic drivers or both be considered?
  • Will the pump be placed near the IEM or near the 3.5mm jack? Where will the extra bulk be added?
Thank you in advance for your answers!

1. No molds are needed for the bubble, you're correct.

2. The bubble is ran via tiny pumps that receive their power through an extra tiny wire weaved into your 3.5mm cable. Devices will have an option to power those pumps, built in. We're in talks right now with a major player about this being implemented very soon.

3. Right now, we have a set at the lab that has been going strong for 5 years, mind you thats been well cared for. In the end, we're expecting bubbles to be disposable like the modern tips for universal IEMs, in some form or another.

4. You can use the Passive ADEL modules with the Active ADEL, this would be done for bass adjustment purposes. However, as you're able to play with the bubbles tension, you're able to adjust the sound signature that way as well. I find it best with the bubble to be right on the cusp of breaking the seal, making the membrane as floppy as possible, which absorbs the pressures like an airbag. Doing the same thing as the Passive ADEL is doing now in the current 64 IEMs. So will the Passive ADEL modules be needed? I'm not really sure, there's benefits to having them there, but I'm not sure right now how the first retail version of bubble will include it or not.

5. Yes the version we use right now for demos is a 2 driver setup and I have said before that it does one up the A10 in my opinion for the sake of it's clarity and crisp sound delivery...which if you've listened to the 10, you know that's really saying something. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the current driver war that is going on, to me it's no different than the horsepower wars. It's not about how much power you can have on a stat sheet, it's about how you use that power. So the coupling to the ear that the bubble is able to create, is able to deliver the sound of those BAs in a superior way than conventional acrylic shells, therefore all those drivers just aren't needed. To me, I think the sweet spot is around 3 BAs, or one very solid dynamic driver. But we'll see what Vitaliy thinks is best to deliver his sound.

6. The pumps are very tiny, don't worry about bulk. We're talking TINY. Grams. Location wise, I don't believe I'm supposed to give that out at this point online, but don't worry about bulk...

If you'd like to contact Stephen directly regarding bubble questions, his email address is Stephen.Ambrose@AsiusTechnologies.com or you can PM me for his cell number. I know his number is out there in a dozen spots, but I always feel weird putting somebody else's number on a forum. He likes talking directly with people about this sort of stuff, via email/phone/skype. 

Apr 23, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #4,910 of 9,124
Im really surpirised theres not more talk on here about the lower level U2s. I just bought a pair of these after a lengthy auditoning of the U2, U3, U5, U6 and U12 and im amazed at how good these sound. They definitely have the best mids out of all others i tried imo and sound the most balanced. I think the U6 is skightly superior due to the lwer bass extension but its not $600AUD better.

Gonna start selling some gear to save for the U6s. Oh and on a side note i thought the U12s were horrible. To me it sounded like the bass drivers were out of phase and that they unit was trying to hard mechanically and electeonically to produce thay type of sound. I love bass but i thoight the U12s bass was one note and way too overbesring to the pint that the mids, whilst not bled into get completely overshadowed by the immense amplitude of the bass. I auditioned all of the through the Chord Mojo.

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #4,911 of 9,124
Im really surpirised theres not more talk on here about the lower level U2s. I just bought a pair of these after a lengthy auditoning of the U2, U3, U5, U6 and U12 and im amazed at how good these sound. They definitely have the best mids out of all others i tried imo and sound the most balanced. I think the U6 is skightly superior due to the lwer bass extension but its not $600AUD better.

Gonna start selling some gear to save for the U6s. Oh and on a side note i thought the U12s were horrible. To me it sounded like the bass drivers were out of phase and that they unit was trying to hard mechanically and electeonically to produce thay type of sound. I love bass but i thoight the U12s bass was one note and way too overbesring to the pint that the mids, whilst not bled into get completely overshadowed by the immense amplitude of the bass. I auditioned all of the through the Chord Mojo.

Which module did you use? A12 is totally different with B1 than S1 module. S1 is dark and the bass is overbearing, B1 is brighter. This effect is even worse with mojo as mojo is warm. Mojo + A12 s1 = way too dark and bassy IMO, mojo with A12 B1 = fantastic

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #4,912 of 9,124
Which module did you use? A12 is totally different with B1 than S1 module. S1 is dark and the bass is overbearing, B1 is brighter. This effect is even worse with mojo as mojo is warm. Mojo + A12 s1 = way too dark and bassy IMO, mojo with A12 B1 = fantastic

Yeah i used the S1 module and figured that was the problem. Im loving the u2s so much im selling a bunch of gear to get the u6s.

This is big for me cos i was anti-iem only a few weeks ago but now i feel like an atheist whose found God lol. I cannot believe how natural and effortless these sound. The soundstage is fantastic too.

Apr 24, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #4,913 of 9,124
There were couple of custom tips companies mentioned earlier in this thread, can someone help me to locate them? Thanks.

Apr 25, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #4,915 of 9,124
Probably been answered before, but I can't find it, but when will the MAMs be available to purchase?

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #4,916 of 9,124
  Hi Canyon

After seeing your answers above for the bubble, since the pumps need power from the wire through our cable, does this deny the possibility of using any other after market cables?

We've talked with a few cable makers, so at first it might be a little slim pickings. However it's sounding like a number of companies might get on board and offer different cables for it.
  Probably been answered before, but I can't find it, but when will the MAMs be available to purchase?

First off, hi5 for the Madvillian avatar.

MAMs will be pretty soon. The reason you haven't found a concrete date, is because there isn't one. It's been based around when all the kickstarter backers get their orders filled first.

However I guess now is as good of spot as any to let you all know that all the kickstarter MAMs are assembled and 80% of them are out the door.  Friday and Saturday were seriously spent sticking MAMs in envelopes and getting them out the door. I should be well into assembly on retail pairs at this point. 

I'll let you guys know when I have a timeline on the MAM pre-order page going up.

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #4,917 of 9,124
@Canyon Runner, could you please tell me which part of the production process of the CIEM typically takes the longest? My order progressed through many steps last week, and reached the status, 'Shells Processed' on Friday. Is it still a long way to go**? (P.S: I did not opt for any graphics. Just plain Charcoal Shell & Face-Plate for both sides)

** Curiosity of a First-Time Custom-IEM Owner 
rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #4,918 of 9,124
  @Canyon Runner, could you please tell me which part of the production process of the CIEM typically takes the longest? My order progressed through many steps last week, and reached the status, 'Shells Processed' on Friday. Is it still a long way to go**? (P.S: I did not opt for any graphics. Just plain Charcoal Shell & Face-Plate for both sides)

** Curiosity of a First-Time Custom-IEM Owner 
rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

When I did mine, (mind you this was before I worked for 64 and I paid retail, no rush order blah blah), it was the time getting to my order. So the step between "Impressions Accepted" to "Impressions Trimmed", after they started on it, it went really quickly for the most part.

If you're at shells processed now, it shouldn't be too much longer for you. I'm not in the lab, so I can't go peak at where your ears are at, so I'm not going to give you a time estimate. But since yours are already being in the works, I'd say your period of waiting isn't too much longer. There's no step that takes a week or some weird bottleneck in the assembly process, that's like "oh just wait til you get to this step, it's a long one.."

It really just depends on how many orders are ahead of you. When the guys & girls come into the lab, they get right to work and crank through the orders. It's actually quite something to see.

Apr 25, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #4,919 of 9,124
It really just depends on how many orders are ahead of you. When the guys & girls come into the lab, they get right to work and crank through the orders. It's actually quite something to see.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Does 64Audio offer tours of their facility/lab for the public/customers? I might visit a cousin who lives in Portland, this summer. Planning on paying 64Audio a visit if I do make the trip.

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #4,920 of 9,124

First off, hi5 for the Madvillian avatar.

MAMs will be pretty soon. The reason you haven't found a concrete date, is because there isn't one. It's been based around when all the kickstarter backers get their orders filled first.

However I guess now is as good of spot as any to let you all know that all the kickstarter MAMs are assembled and 80% of them are out the door.  Friday and Saturday were seriously spent sticking MAMs in envelopes and getting them out the door. I should be well into assembly on retail pairs at this point. 

I'll let you guys know when I have a timeline on the MAM pre-order page going up.

MF DOOM can do no wrong in my eyes :)

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can pre-order. Any idea how much these will cost? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back