1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 21, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #4,877 of 9,124
Thank you, I use it for demos at events & CanJam shows. Of course it's best for people to demo with gear they know very well, but I always have it on the tables for those that wish to give it a go.

Stephen & Vitaliy are now also using the same setup for listening. Both Ken Ball (ALO) and the guys at Chord all love the pairing as well.

But let's keep this picture train going, post up what gear you're using with your IEMs!
Lets see what creative designs you guys came up with for your customs!

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #4,879 of 9,124
Joining in on the fun!

Sq-wise the LPG is the best sounding for me (better transparency, great sub bass and better treble extension) but for some reason, i get fatigued easily with this combo. Too much bass maybe? Hoping my B1 modules on order would fix it.

Dx80+Mojo+a12 comes in at a close second and i never get fatigued with this setup. Slightly warmer and larger soundstage with the mojo.

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #4,880 of 9,124

A8 with artwork from the One Punch Man manga/anime, Fiio X7. I packed less stuff into my bag today so Chord Mojo is not displayed.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #4,881 of 9,124
Folks, which phase of the production process of the A series IEM is the longest? The shells for my A10 were just printed. I guess its still a long way to go. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #4,882 of 9,124
Just got a pair of the Adel U2's and I'm thoroughly impressed by their fidelity and the natural tonality. Pairing em with the Mojo but they soind good straight from my S7 Edge.

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #4,884 of 9,124
I have read no reviews on the A5...anybody experienced them? The Graph on the site looks like the sound sig I like...

I'm looking for balance low  and mid, good smooth vocals...highs I'm looking for should be sparkly / airy , have great extension and detailed without being sibilant...If you heard any Focal Utopia BE Tweeter (which I have in my car) that would be the most ideal sound in the highs I'm looking for...are these characteristic of the A5 or will your other models have that sound sig?

my budget would be around 1200 USD so hoping you guys can point me to the right direction

Apr 22, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #4,885 of 9,124
I received the B1's yesterday. Huge difference in sound. I think I have to get used to the sound. It still has good bass but is missing some of the mid bass. On the other hand I have been accustomed to the vail and somewhat congested sound of the auto manual even though that was bothersome on a lot of songs for me.

With that said, the treble, details, and soundstage is much better, and the soundstage was great before changing modules. All in all it is a good improvement. 

I will however buy the manual module once it is available so I can fine tune the sound.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #4,886 of 9,124
Anyone tried the a12s with ak380? Hows the pairing?

It was alright, it was only a tiny bit better than the AK240, I'm honestly not impressed with the AK stuff anymore. They change the metal housing, make the screen a bit bigger and charge $1,000 more. I think the Mojo sounds better for a fraction of the price.
  I have read no reviews on the A5...anybody experienced them? The Graph on the site looks like the sound sig I like...

I'm looking for balance low  and mid, good smooth vocals...highs I'm looking for should be sparkly / airy , have great extension and detailed without being sibilant...If you heard any Focal Utopia BE Tweeter (which I have in my car) that would be the most ideal sound in the highs I'm looking for...are these characteristic of the A5 or will your other models have that sound sig?

my budget would be around 1200 USD so hoping you guys can point me to the right direction

The 5 is really aimed at singers. It's 4 mids and 1 mid bass. Very little bottom end, very little highs. It's never been a huge seller for music listening.

I think the 10 is really a sound signature that you're looking for. I know the 5 on paper looks really similar to the 10 according to the graph, but it's really not. The 10 has less bass than the 12, by a fair amount, but it's there. Very sparkly highs as well. It's a dry, clear sound, rather than the bit silkier lush 12. 

If the 10 is out of the price range (in universal form), I'd really consider the A6. I know we have 2 reviews (One from Paul (@Brooko) and one from Alex (@twister6) ) in the works, so be on the lookout for that and see if it's something you'd think you'd like.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #4,887 of 9,124
It was alright, it was only a tiny bit better than the AK240, I'm honestly not impressed with the AK stuff anymore. They change the metal housing, make the screen a bit bigger and charge $1,000 more. I think the Mojo sounds better for a fraction of the price.
The 5 is really aimed at singers. It's 4 mids and 1 mid bass. Very little bottom end, very little highs. It's never been a huge seller for music listening.

I think the 10 is really a sound signature that you're looking for. I know the 5 on paper looks really similar to the 10 according to the graph, but it's really not. The 10 has less bass than the 12, by a fair amount, but it's there. Very sparkly highs as well. It's a dry, clear sound, rather than the bit silkier lush 12. 

If the 10 is out of the price range (in universal form), I'd really consider the A6. I know we have 2 reviews (One from Paul (@Brooko
) and one from Alex (@twister6
) ) in the works, so be on the lookout for that and see if it's something you'd think you'd like.

Thanks for the reply and honest info regarding the sound signature of the A5. A6 would be it for me then as A10 would be out of reach for my budget.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #4,888 of 9,124

If the 10 is out of the price range (in universal form), I'd really consider the A6. I know we have 2 reviews (One from Paul (@Brooko) and one from Alex (@twister6) ) in the works, so be on the lookout for that and see if it's something you'd think you'd like.

I was about to reply that for his budget U6 might be a good solution.  Plus, you can invest extra money to use the rest of his $1.2k budget on a decent silver cable to bring up those sparkly highs :wink:  Oh, and definitely go with B1 filter, this is a killer combo with U6 to open up the sound and to balance out frequencies.  Been listening to U6 w/B1 for the last few days, and I'm VERY impressed.  I know a lot of people think of U12 as a refined version of U6, but their sound sig is a bit different.  In terms of retrieval of details and transparency - U12 is a step up.  It's a flagship.  Period.  But U12 has more bass impact and thicker lower mids (more body) which as a result can push upper mids a bit back making people raise the volume which also "lifts" the bottom end (especially with a tight seal of A12 model) - the reason why so many people get initial shock reaction, probably expecting a crisp analytical sound instead of a smooth detailed and a bit bassier signature.  U6 is more neutral, maybe a touch mid-forward (just slightly, bringing out the best in vocals), very balanced, great retrieval of details and still smooth, and nicely extended at both ends of the spectrum.  There is bass in there too, don't worry, but quality out weights the quantity when it comes to U6 low end.  Another thing, U6 shell is smaller in comparison to U12.  I recently reviewed UM Miracle and Maestro, and they used the same large shell for 6-driver and 12-driver design, which is kind of strange.  I do need to spend more time listening to U6, so will update with more impressions as I keep putting more mileage on these.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #4,889 of 9,124
I was about to reply that for his budget U6 might be a good solution.  Plus, you can invest extra money to use the rest of his $1.2k budget on a decent silver cable to bring up those sparkly highs :wink:  Oh, and definitely go with B1 filter, this is a killer combo with U6 to open up the sound and to balance out frequencies.  Been listening to U6 w/B1 for the last few days, and I'm VERY impressed.  I know a lot of people think of U12 as a refined version of U6, but their sound sig is a bit different.  In terms of retrieval of details and transparency - U12 is a step up.  It's a flagship.  Period.  But U12 has more bass impact and thicker lower mids (more body) which as a result can push upper mids a bit back making people raise the volume which also "lifts" the bottom end (especially with a tight seal of A12 model) - the reason why so many people get initial shock reaction, probably expecting a crisp analytical sound instead of a smooth detailed and a bit bassier signature.  U6 is more neutral, maybe a touch mid-forward (just slightly, bringing out the best in vocals), very balanced, great retrieval of details and still smooth, and nicely extended at both ends of the spectrum.  There is bass in there too, don't worry, but quality out weights the quantity when it comes to U6 low end.  Another thing, U6 shell is smaller in comparison to U12.  I recently reviewed UM Miracle and Maestro, and they used the same large shell for 6-driver and 12-driver design, which is kind of strange.  I do need to spend more time listening to U6, so will update with more impressions as I keep putting more mileage on these.

Nice you also answered my follow up question as to which module to get...thanks for inputs. I might use my Norne Audio coupon for aftermarket cables.

Now 2 months to get the funds and impressions in order :)

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,890 of 9,124

@twister6, we might need one of you guys to review the U8s as well. I have the U8s and V6S and I really like them the same. I think they complement each other for various genres. But I'm holding off on upgrading my V6S to an A6, because I've contemplated selling my U8s and use the upgrade investment to buy the A12s.

I love both IEMs and reaclly can't complaint about them and believe they complement each other very well. But if the U12s and U8s are similar on the bass department, I would consider keeping the A6 and upgrading to the A12s to complement each other. Steve, can you advise a little on how the U8 and U12 compare? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back