1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 19, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #4,848 of 9,124
Apr 19, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #4,850 of 9,124
Has anyone tried to pair the a/u12 with the AK 240/380 dap and do they have good impedance matching? Excuse me for not reading through 325 pages if it has been discussed.

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #4,851 of 9,124
Has anyone tried to pair the a/u12 with the AK 240/380 dap and do they have good impedance matching? Excuse me for not reading through 325 pages if it has been discussed.

I have the AK120ii, which is the same guts as the AK240. It sounds fine, the only time I really use the AK straight to my A12s are when I'm listening to podcasts as I work. When I'm listening to music, I always pair the AK to my Hugo and ALO CDM. Sound quality straight out of the AK to A12 is alright. Nothing magical or something to write home about. I use it for demos and shows, linked with the rest of my rig for those guys that want to hear the pairing.

The UI is really good, that's the only reason I haven't sold it, since my phone can do the same thing as the AK when you're pairing it with an external Dac/Amp.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #4,852 of 9,124
I have the AK120ii, which is the same guts as the AK240. It sounds fine, the only time I really use the AK straight to my A12s are when I'm listening to podcasts as I work. When I'm listening to music, I always pair the AK to my Hugo and ALO CDM. Sound quality straight out of the AK to A12 is alright. Nothing magical or something to write home about. I use it for demos and shows, linked with the rest of my rig for those guys that want to hear the pairing.

The UI is really good, that's the only reason I haven't sold it, since my phone can do the same thing as the AK when you're pairing it with an external Dac/Amp.

Thank for the feedback. How about the a/u12 driven by the AK-Hugo combo?

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #4,857 of 9,124
did anyone test the A4 ? did anyone compare it to the original 1964 Quads ? I am wondering if I should do the upgrade...

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #4,858 of 9,124
My experience with the new B1 module:

- Instrument placement in soundstage is better, I can tell more precisely where an instrument is in the room
- Instrument seperation sounds improved
- Soundstage is wider, for example on Pink Floyd's Money, the sound of the money sounds like it's coming from a bit further outside my ears/head
- The A12 sounds slightly less veiled, treble is a little more sparkly

Used Mojo w/Jriver from Macbookpro, various tracks from metal to sounds of water, water can be very sparkly and allowed me to sense the change in treble.  Does what it says it'll do and that makes sense since there is a less of a barrier for the membrane to open-meaning it takes less pressure to open the membrane, which should lower the bass and make the treble stand out more. Mission accomplished,
Well done, 64, Asius and especially CanyonRunner.

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #4,859 of 9,124
How is the bass now? would you say reduced significantly or similar to the S1?

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #4,860 of 9,124
  My experience with the new B1 module:

- Instrument placement in soundstage is better, I can tell more precisely where an instrument is in the room
- Instrument seperation sounds improved
- Soundstage is wider, for example on Pink Floyd's Money, the sound of the money sounds like it's coming from a bit further outside my ears/head
- The A12 sounds slightly less veiled, treble is a little more sparkly

Used Mojo w/Jriver from Macbookpro, various tracks from metal to sounds of water, water can be very sparkly and allowed me to sense the change in treble.  Does what it says it'll do and that makes sense since there is a less of a barrier for the membrane to open-meaning it takes less pressure to open the membrane, which should lower the bass and make the treble stand out more. Mission accomplished,
Well done, 64, Asius and especially CanyonRunner.

My pleasure man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back