1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 16, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #4,816 of 9,124
Still looking to buy the U12 and U8. Hit me up if anyone has one for sale!

Apr 16, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #4,817 of 9,124
The B1 will only be coming in black, just like the S1 only coming in silver. We get alot of requests for custom colors and frankly it's just easier for all of us to keep it simple and color coded.

The MAM is a single membrane. But it's got a basket inside that applies various amounts of pressure to the membrane, depending on where you set it. There's also ambient ports on the top of the MAM module housing, that allows the ports in the basket to line up and give different amounts of ambient sound.

If you like your case, they hey more power to you. Our current case has gotten more love than any case I've seen, it has holders for the various extra modules, so you don't lose them. I've thrown my case with my A12s inside, across a room to demonstrate how strong that thing is. I actually think they ran one over with one of our guy's E30s in the parking lot, held up no problem. If you like your older pelican case, no worries.

I haven't tried the new case, I think the new case is definately sleeker and has better storage options. I'll probably order one when I order the MAMs and a 6ft cable as I find the 4 too short.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #4,818 of 9,124
  Just wanted to share a few more things.  Sometime, even little things are a BIG deal because it shows company's attention to details.

When you order your replacement ADEL modules, 64 Audio/ASIUS ships it with a really cool 3D printed holder which is great when you remove your default S1 for replacement or just want to keep ADEL modules outside of 64 Audio new case (their new case has storage pockets for 2 sets of modules).  Here is how it looks, you get one holder per set, and there is no cover:

Also, I got another little surprise, another little thing with a BIG functionality.  I'm not sure if/when it's going to be offered, how much it will cost, etc. but it's another VERY clever 3D printed creation which turns ADEL filter module into an earplug.  Just a little plastic 3D printed cylinder where you can insert ADEL module and attach any eartip to turn it into a DIY ADEL universal earplug.  Perhaps, if you add some kind of a lanyard with adjustable loops to hook around the ADEL's cap, you can string a pair together so you don't loose them and also to assist in pulling them out of your ears (not a problem as is, you can easily grab it).  Here are a few pictures.  I definitely want to see this being turned into a product/accessory to buy (I'm sure it will be cheap) or maybe to even include it as a bonus with purchase of replacement ADEL modules.

I like the fit, nearly disappears in your ears.  Now since I'm using B1 with U12, I can use S1 as earplugs with maximum isolation:

The lego blocks are actually just what we ship MAMs to kickstarter people in, since they probably will be seen as disposable holders for many of them. We have a few box ideas for the retail MAMs and modules. And yes, we do call those holders, legos. When they show up from 64, theres about 4-5 colors of them and they sound just like a shipment of legos.

Since we're talking about the new universal hearing protection, we love the things. It's a Bogdan (64's CEO) creation, which I'm sure Chris (64's engineer that designed the current IEM hardcase) had a hand in the process as well. Those two are a creative powerhouse.

I used them on stage with The Who while they were in Denver a few weeks back and the hearing protection with the MAMs actually impressed me more than anything that night. They're simple, small and give you total option of your favorite module and ear tip.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #4,819 of 9,124
  The lego blocks are actually just what we ship MAMs to kickstarter people in, since they probably will be seen as disposable holders for many of them. We have a few box ideas for the retail MAMs and modules. And yes, we do call those holders, legos. When they show up from 64, theres about 4-5 colors of them and they sound just like a shipment of legos.

Since we're talking about the new universal hearing protection, we love the things. It's a Bogdan (64's CEO) creation, which I'm sure Chris (64's engineer that designed the current IEM hardcase) had a hand in the process as well. Those two are a creative powerhouse.

I used them on stage with The Who while they were in Denver a few weeks back and the hearing protection with the MAMs actually impressed me more than anything that night. They're simple, small and give you total option of your favorite module and ear tip.

So when are you guys releasing the universal hearing protection device? I was actually thinking about using them when mixing or going to concerts. I like the idea that one can try different ear tips.

Apr 16, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #4,820 of 9,124
  So when are you guys releasing the universal hearing protection device? I was actually thinking about using them when mixing or going to concerts. I like the idea that one can try different ear tips.

I think it's within a month or two. I know at least one BIG musician/audio producer gear distributor is wanting to stock them in their catalog, so I don't know if they will get them along with 64's website or what. We've been giving them to our friends and people at shows for a bit, but I don't really have too much info on where/when they'll officially be for sale at this point.

The retail versions will be milled out of aluminum, the 3d printed plugs are simply prototypes.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #4,822 of 9,124
Depends which thread you ask in bro. :wink:

I owned both, although the U8 very briefly. Both sound really amazing, I'd give the Shure Se846 the edge in bass going from memory. Treble definitely the U8. Mids probably a toss up, but it's been too long to give a very accurate comparison. Those are just generalizations from memory and like I said brief ownership of the U8. I didn't sell the U8 because I didn't like it. I just bought it to try it, at a super good deal that I knew I couldn't lose money on.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #4,823 of 9,124
Can anyone confirm if the stock silver 64 Audio cable has silver/grey casing, or if it's clear with silver plated wire inside it?

I thought the former, but was then told it's the latter by 64 Audio, but then the former by my dealer.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #4,825 of 9,124
i decided to sell my 64audio u12 in the buy/sell forum, as I love this iem so much that I decided to buy the 64audio A12

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #4,827 of 9,124
i decided to sell my 64audio u12 in the buy/sell forum, as I love this iem so much that I decided to buy the 64audio A12

Maybe you should ask 64 audio if you could return the U12 and upgrade to the A12.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #4,828 of 9,124

You won't have trouble selling it. I would hang on to it until the A12 arrives. This way you have something to listen to and also able to compare between the two.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #4,829 of 9,124
You won't have trouble selling it. I would hang on to it until the A12 arrives. This way you have something to listen to and also able to compare between the two.

i have a good share of iems to keep me hanging on until the a12 arrives

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #4,830 of 9,124
  Can anyone confirm if the stock silver 64 Audio cable has silver/grey casing, or if it's clear with silver plated wire inside it?

I thought the former, but was then told it's the latter by 64 Audio, but then the former by my dealer.

Look at the cable close ups in my review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/1964-ears-adel-a12-custom-iem/reviews/15405

Black is black, nothing else to describe.  Silver color - that's how it looks in the picture.  Keep in mind stock cables are not silver or silver plated.  Those are regular ofc wires, either with a black shielding or silver shielding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back