1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Apr 15, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #4,786 of 9,124

Just ordered it for my A12. Why was this module offered since the manual module is coming out? Price point?

As I recall, custom auto modules eventuate during the Kickstarter days, a baseline tuning was needed (hence it led to S1). It was announced later, there will be future tuning signatures, e.g. particular star's preferred tuning. Also these auto modules are targeted at those who are not too keen on fiddling around too much with the MAM.

Auto modules are priced currently $99 (refer to 64 Audio's website), which are cheaper than the MAM.

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #4,787 of 9,124

As I recall, custom auto modules eventuate during the Kickstarter days, a baseline tuning was needed (hence it led to S1). It was announced later, there will be future tuning signatures, e.g. particular star's preferred tuning. Also these auto modules are targeted at those who are not too keen on fiddling around too much with the MAM.

Auto modules are priced currently $99 (refer to 64 Audio's website), which are cheaper than the MAM.

Thanks. Just ordered.

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #4,789 of 9,124
Patiently awaiting your review! :wink:

I hope I wasn't too fast to buy a brighter sounding DAP.
basshead.gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,790 of 9,124
  Can

Could we also get the B1 in the default chrome look, don't like black.  Also, It would seem since the B1 only has one membrane that the MAM in fact cannot replicate the sound of the B1 given it's multiple membranes, no matter where it is set at.  Probably get both.  Or maybe I should wait for C1, D1, E1, etc! =PShould be fun trying to find a case for these new modules. I know 64 has their new cass but it looks less stout than the one that came with mine. Probably use contact lense case with some fluff inside to prevent banging around.

The B1 will only be coming in black, just like the S1 only coming in silver. We get alot of requests for custom colors and frankly it's just easier for all of us to keep it simple and color coded.

The MAM is a single membrane. But it's got a basket inside that applies various amounts of pressure to the membrane, depending on where you set it. There's also ambient ports on the top of the MAM module housing, that allows the ports in the basket to line up and give different amounts of ambient sound.

If you like your case, they hey more power to you. Our current case has gotten more love than any case I've seen, it has holders for the various extra modules, so you don't lose them. I've thrown my case with my A12s inside, across a room to demonstrate how strong that thing is. I actually think they ran one over with one of our guy's E30s in the parking lot, held up no problem. If you like your older pelican case, no worries.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #4,792 of 9,124

Just ordered it for my A12. Why was this module offered since the manual module is coming out? Price point?

I mentioned this in an earlier post, it was developed with the new hearing protection in mind, for less isolation than the S1 was giving. Giving people the option for more or less. But along the way we discovered how great they sound for our IEMs. We thought about our head-fi users in particular and decided to offer it for IEMs in mind as well.

So you really could say that this new module was pushed through specifically for you guys on here!

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #4,794 of 9,124
Part of me loves the anodized colours of the B1, but then I wish the S1 could come in black too... I thought it would have been easier (and cheaper?) to use the two O-rings as a color code for the module instead like resistor stripes, and let us potentially down the road choose a housing color as an aesthetic thing to go along with our IEM design.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #4,795 of 9,124
  I emailed it to you, it's been requested that I don't post it at this time. But I'm sure once they get into the hands of reviewers, you guys can post your readings.

@Canyon Runner, I understand that there are reasons why 64 Audio does not want to release the Frequency Response charts for different modules.

But given that the ADEL module as such, is a new thing in the industry and there is no way we can demo these, I think it will be very helpful for us, the customers to see some numbers in comparison to the S1 Module. I understand that the measurement does not speak everything. I remember you telling me that, the measurements do not tell the entire story. But at least, it gives a point of reference for someone to make a decision, if they would want it or not, rather than making a buying decision based on a rough expectation/hunch.

So may be a table like this for each ADEL IEM model. You can add a disclaimer that mentions the Machine, Software, Lab Settings and Conditions under which these measurements were recorded.

Please Note: The numbers I had on the table originally were NOT actual measurements. I used the numbers for illustration purposes only. If you have enabled email notifications for this thread, the email will still have those numbers. Please disregard the numbers.  

Averaged Amplitude Variations for Modules Compared to S1’s Measurement
Module
Open State
31 Hz
62 Hz
125 Hz
250 Hz
Margin of Error
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
MAM​
Fully Open​
 ​
 ​

MAM​
75% Open​
 ​
 ​

MAM​
50% Open​
 ​
 ​

MAM​
25% Open​
 ​

MAM​
Fully Closed​
 ​

B1​
Not Applicable​
 ​

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #4,796 of 9,124

@Canyon Runner, I understand that there are reasons why 64 Audio does not want to release the Frequency Response charts for different modules.

But given that the ADEL module as such, is a new thing in the industry and there is no way we can demo these, I think it will be very helpful for us, the customers to see some numbers in comparison to the S1 Module. I understand that the measurement does not speak everything. I remember you telling me that, the measurements do not tell the entire story. But at least, it gives a point of reference for someone to make a decision, if they would want it or not, rather than making a buying decision based on a rough expectation/hunch.

So may be a table like this for each ADEL IEM model. You can add a disclaimer that mentions the Machine, Software, Lab Settings and Conditions under which these measurements were recorded.

I 100% agree with you. It's something I'm working on with the guys above me, that are the ones calling the shots. Since it is something new, we're also having to adjust our marketing plan, it's just not hammered out yet. I'm just playing within the rules as they currently lay.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #4,797 of 9,124
  I 100% agree with you. It's something I'm working with the guys above me, that are calling the shots. Since it is something new, we're also having to adjust our marketing plan, it's just not hammered out yet.

Awesome... Thanks!

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #4,798 of 9,124
  Part of me loves the anodized colours of the B1, but then I wish the S1 could come in black too... I thought it would have been easier (and cheaper?) to use the two O-rings as a color code for the module instead like resistor stripes, and let us potentially down the road choose a housing color as an aesthetic thing to go along with our IEM design.

At this point, the game plan is different models will simply be different colors. If that changes, I'll let you guys know.

As for different color O-Rings, we've tried that route. It's still actually on the table of discussion for finished MAMs, if they'll get anodized blue or red for the differing sides or if it will be a band.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #4,799 of 9,124
I know you guys are on another topic, but I could spend hours scrolling through previous posts or just be that guy and ask here. 
The A6 looks like a similar sound signature to the A3 with exception of sub and mid-bass. I expect they would sound fuller. What was unique and ..sommewhat bothered me a tiny bit with the A3s was how forward the mids were, the vocals being right in my ear, and the treble more recessed in the mix.. kind of "back there". I expect the increased bass on the 6 would provide some balance to the mids.. but what of the highs? Are they present in the 6, or like the 3s, not so much? There's a hike in the mids on the '64 graph, what's your take on the signature? 

opinions in the audio world are tricky because they're somewhat subjective, but I value your opinions. This forum is a beautiful place lol.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #4,800 of 9,124
Evolution Variation of Perfection.

Stay tuned for sound impression...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back