1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 21, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #4,157 of 9,124
  @Canyon Runner

Can we get a confirmation or more information on this Canyon?

I'll give a broader answer to help with other readers that weren't able to see/listen at the show this weekend. What we're talking about is a hybrid tip that is able to slip onto the U series (we did a U12 for the show) and it allows you to get some of the benefits of the bubble (the current 2 driver that is allowing the hearing impaired people hear in broadband stereo, plenty of videos on youtube) while letting you use the current U-series. You get the total comfort of the bubble, like having a cloud in your ear, move your jaw all you want and it won't break the seal or feel weird. You get the resonance previously not possible from an IEM, sorta like the Audeze LCD series resonates through the ear sounds due to their mass and it actually helps the sound delivery. Same deal only without the weight. The best thing that stands out about the hybrid tips is their capability to resonate in my chest with low droning tones, to feel the music. Not many people on here are into metal but Sunn O))) plays a very slow drone wall of sound type of metal, which is normally impossible for an IEM to recreate. They're sorta my last band that I throw at headphones during testing just out of curiosity, no IEM can really convey their music in a solid way like I like. But the addition of the bubbles to the U12s, actually does it. I've told both Stephen and Vitaliy that those tips on the 12s are their best creation to date, I love them. 

How do said bubbles inflate? By harnessing the inflation power of the sound and actively inflating them. So if you move your jaw, that extra pressure created bleeds out and fills right back up. Just like a stuntmans big air pad that they jump out of buildings onto. I can't say a ton more about the pump itself, for various reasons, which is why during the shows we use the syringe to inflate/deflate/control pressure the bubbles for demos.

As for a release, we're thinking sometime in the next 6 months. Keep in mind this is a very rough estimate, it will also depend on a few things with another company we're working with to have the self regulating pump & control built into their device. So if one part of the equation runs into a snag, then obviously it will be a bit longer to market. But that's the game plan for the debut.

Since Kickstarter isn't a part of this whole deal, there shouldn't be the same snags that we've run into with the MAMs. 
Once that has been out for a bit, the retrofit kit will be available for the U series owners. I don't have a real time line to give you at this time for the retrofit kit, other than just confirming it'll happen and everybody will be able to upgrade their 64 ears to use the new technology, rather than making your units obsolete with the release of the hybrid.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #4,158 of 9,124
Just wanted to thank everybody that came out to CanJam SoCal this weekend, to support the Head-Fi community and to come say hi & give a listen to the 64 Audio products. It was a great show and we were among the busiest booths of the whole show. I think I had 5 demos going at once, a few times. That's alot for a 2 chair wide booth...

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #4,159 of 9,124
Good show Steve! Wish I could be there... or rather, wish there will be a canjam Hong Kong!

Btw thanks for you and Alex's help with my V8 upgrade order. Cheers!

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #4,161 of 9,124
Glad it all worked out!

Now just the dreaded wait for my V8 to be reborn into the A8! I parted with my V8 for just 4 days and already started missing them...

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #4,163 of 9,124
  I'll give a broader answer to help with other readers that weren't able to see/listen at the show this weekend. What we're talking about is a hybrid tip that is able to slip onto the U series (we did a U12 for the show) and it allows you to get some of the benefits of the bubble (the current 2 driver that is allowing the hearing impaired people hear in broadband stereo, plenty of videos on youtube) while letting you use the current U-series. You get the total comfort of the bubble, like having a cloud in your ear, move your jaw all you want and it won't break the seal or feel weird. You get the resonance previously not possible from an IEM, sorta like the Audeze LCD series resonates through the ear sounds due to their mass and it actually helps the sound delivery. Same deal only without the weight. The best thing that stands out about the hybrid tips is their capability to resonate in my chest with low droning tones, to feel the music. Not many people on here are into metal but Sunn O))) plays a very slow drone wall of sound type of metal, which is normally impossible for an IEM to recreate. They're sorta my last band that I throw at headphones during testing just out of curiosity, no IEM can really convey their music in a solid way like I like. But the addition of the bubbles to the U12s, actually does it. I've told both Stephen and Vitaliy that those tips on the 12s are their best creation to date, I love them. 

How do said bubbles inflate? By harnessing the inflation power of the sound and actively inflating them. So if you move your jaw, that extra pressure created bleeds out and fills right back up. Just like a stuntmans big air pad that they jump out of buildings onto. I can't say a ton more about the pump itself, for various reasons, which is why during the shows we use the syringe to inflate/deflate/control pressure the bubbles for demos.

As for a release, we're thinking sometime in the next 6 months. Keep in mind this is a very rough estimate, it will also depend on a few things with another company we're working with to have the self regulating pump & control built into their device. So if one part of the equation runs into a snag, then obviously it will be a bit longer to market. But that's the game plan for the debut.

Since Kickstarter isn't a part of this whole deal, there shouldn't be the same snags that we've run into with the MAMs. 
Once that has been out for a bit, the retrofit kit will be available for the U series owners. I don't have a real time line to give you at this time for the retrofit kit, other than just confirming it'll happen and everybody will be able to upgrade their 64 ears to use the new technology, rather than making your units obsolete with the release of the hybrid.

do we have to send our u series iems to u to be able to get those tips, or is it something we can install oursleves

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #4,164 of 9,124

So can we order the Hybrid tip separately? 

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #4,165 of 9,124
What does it look like? I cannot visualise the "bubble" either.

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #4,167 of 9,124
What does it look like? I cannot visualise the "bubble" either.

Not sure if there will be major changes, before getting inflated it looks like a pretty normal earbud (screen captured from the video, see url below). I am curious how they are going to created the inflation device, as you can see from the video, Stephen Ambrose uses what looks like a syringe in the early prototypes.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=64+audio+adel+hearing+loss+&&view=detail&mid=6E2F8E5A7A40A9EEED9C6E2F8E5A7A40A9EEED9C&FORM=VRDGAR

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #4,168 of 9,124
The sonic energy from your music will inflate them. I'm not sure how the initial fit is going to work though, because having the bubbles deflate during silence periods won't make for a good ear tip. Maypbe there will be a deflate button that would open a check valve to release the pressure for users to use when ready to remove the iem, during the normal usage it would prevent air from leaking out. This means that there needs to be a blow off valve as well to prevent over inflation.

Sounds too complicated so probably not going to be like that. The one I tried at the show is half bubble half silicone tip, the silicone part holds the iem for manual inflation. The bubble deflects slow enough that probably will work for track change periods, we'll see.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #4,169 of 9,124
Sounds amazing. Really glad that instead of requiring a brand new product, you are allowing us to retrofix our current products. What role would the passive ADEL modules play in this? I assume we would have to plug up the passive ports to divert pressure to the bubble.

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #4,170 of 9,124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back