1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Mar 16, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #4,096 of 9,124

You want it?  You got it!!!  Just published my K10UA review with a comparison to U12: http://www.head-fi.org/products/noble-audio-kaiser-k10ua-universal-aluminum/reviews/15497

Both U12 and K10UA are at the top of my list, they don't compete but rather compliment each other with a different signature.

"But for now, in my book, K10UA holds the Golden Crown of bright revealing sound while right next to it I have U12 with ADEL Crown of warm organic sound – two of my absolutely favorite universals at the current moment!"

Defintely keeps you from ruffling any feathers in either camp. 
wink_face.gif

People fight over which one is better, when in reality it's up to your personal sound preference.  U12 will not be a cup of tea for those who want a bright analytical micro-detailed sound, and the same for K10UA if you prefer smooth organic detailed sound.  I hope my reviews can shed some light so people can decide which one will suite their taste better.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #4,100 of 9,124

People fight over which one is better, when in reality it's up to your personal sound preference.  U12 will not be a cup of tea for those who want a bright analytical micro-detailed sound, and the same for K10UA if you prefer smooth organic detailed sound.  I hope my reviews can shed some light so people can decide which one will suite their taste better.

I was being factious.

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #4,102 of 9,124
Just place my upgrade order for the A8... too bad I'd need to send in my V8 with my impressions and cannot compare them side by side. Nonetheless, thumbs up for 64audio looking out for their loyal customers from earlier! Very tempted to get the A12 too, maybe after the A8 :D

Now the wait begins!

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #4,103 of 9,124
@Canyon Runner, is there going to be a module that will absorb just the pneumatic pressure but leave the frequency response untouched? 

I do like the A10 as it seems to have a balanced sound with the Auto Module. But in the future when I buy myself a set of MAMs and want to have a open-back listening, I will want to open the MAMs which will result in a reduction in bass. Also there will be times when I would require more isolation and so I would want to close the MAMs. By doing so, I will end up with more bass than I need.

Mar 16, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #4,104 of 9,124
Someone was talking about Adele's 25 album where it sounded weird listening with bass seemingly coming in the right (which it is but just a little off to right, sounded ok to me), I just listen to The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck, in this recording, all I heard in my A6 is music in the left ear, he in the middle and the backup singers in my right ear... Now that is even more weird than the "Hello" recording. Wonder if it's this recording, or most recording back then, loves to do that!

well you know today i listened to adele 25 the song "hello"  again but this time I used my oppo pm1 full size headphone, and to my surprise it sounds really centered and bass was not coming from the right, instead it was centered,  this is unlike my experience when listening to the same song on iems whether its was adel u12 or my shure 846, sennheiser momentum, and sony xba z5, and i tried different sources and when i used my oppo pm1 everything sounded correct in that song, but with iems it was as if bass comes from the right in the song Hello. Pretty weird

actually i started to notice this weird thing with iems in more songs than just "hello" by adele, while i never experienced this with my full size headphones, but with iems i am starting to notice this

can someone explain to me why this happens

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #4,105 of 9,124

Well we all know this already. What we are trying to find out is when the rest of us can buy it. No one has commented on this. 

Yes, I'm well aware of that. And it all hinges on the kickstarter orders getting filled first before we can give you a date. You won't find another comment regarding the MAM shipping and since I'm the one heading up the MAMs, I can give you the most up to date answer about it. When you call 64 regarding the status of the MAMs, they call me or Garnet to find out. So I can give you a direct line on the status, like I have been.

We're at about 350 of the 500ish pairs needed for kickstarters. We ballparked 2 months to get all the Kickstarter MAMs out and we're ahead of schedule in terms of building. There's been 2 minor bugs that we wanted to get worked out before ramping up production for the kickstarter amount of modules. So yes, it's taking longer than we estimated a few months ago. The product that everybody will be getting is better for it though, which I think we can all agree is a good thing. We could have rushed it and glossed over the minor snags when we came across them through testing, but instead we spent time working out the kinks. Now we have something that I feel doesn't have room for improvement anymore, it's good to go.

If you want a date, there isn't one. We're ballparking May at this point for them to ship to the public, but that's just an estimate. I've been building as fast as I can, however they aren't the only project in the works. We're flying out tomorrow morning for meetings before CanJam, then there's that for the weekend. Fly back Monday. Then get back at it Tuesday. This obviously slows things down a bit for the week. We have 2 other people building modules, while we're gone but there is also the weekly quota of Auto modules to be built for 64. It's a balancing act between it all.

I'm not giving you excuses, but I felt that a more in depth answer is what you're actually looking for.

I'll let you guys know when they are about to be available for pre-order on the 64 website.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #4,106 of 9,124
  @Canyon Runner, is there going to be a module that will absorb just the pneumatic pressure but leave the frequency response untouched? 

I do like the A10 as it seems to have a balanced sound with the Auto Module. But in the future when I buy myself a set of MAMs and want to have a open-back listening, I will want to open the MAMs which will result in a reduction in bass. Also there will be times when I would require more isolation and so I would want to close the MAMs. By doing so, I will end up with more bass than I need.

I think once you get the MAM, you'll find that the bass doesn't change dramatically and will still tick your boxes. It's really not a bass adjuster, yes on the charts you notice the sub 500 range to shift the most, but because it presents the sound differently you don't really notice the difference much. At least I don't. I'm sure Alex & Paul will have their own opinions, as will anybody else with MAMs and that's great. The more answers on the topic, the better! I sorta think people that haven't heard the MAMs effects, are expecting something like the bass adjuster dongle on the current JH cables (because that's what most people are familiar with) and it's nothing like that.

It's much much more being able to switch from a closed back headphone to an open back and everything in the middle. One delivers bass differently than the other, just like one has a wider more spread out sound stage, taking that same bass output and spreading it out. I guess you could think of it as the difference between getting punched using the same energy, with a fist (tight and focused) vs a boxing glove (more spread out and even). We all have different volume of space in our ear canals, so it's going to shift things differently. 

As for a new module like you're asking, to my knowledge, there's nothing like that in the works. I'm not even sure if that's possible. The next one coming out will be like the MAM dialed all the way open, while being totally isolating. MAYBE that'll do what you're looking for. I've heard an early version of it, but I never put it on the test bench to see how it stacks up in terms of graphs and if/what's changing.

I'll put MAMs into a pair of 10s this weekend and see how dramatically the bass shifts firsthand. Kinda the best I can do for ya right now. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #4,107 of 9,124
I just want to say a big "Thank you!" to Canyon Runner for being so active and helpful in this community.  I am in love with U8 and they are right up there with my ToTL cans like the HE-6!  Truly an amazing achievement!  I can't wait to receive the MAMs to try for myself.  I'm thinking that completely open for the U8 will be just my cup of tea.  

Mar 17, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #4,108 of 9,124
Exchanged a few emails with 64audio, but no joy in acquiring a discount. Also doubt I would have qualified for their reviewers discount either as I've no experience writing other audio equipment reviews and I'm not an artist, musician or blogger.

Anyway just took the plunge and placed an order for U8 :grinning: Now the waiting game, but looking forward to getting them

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #4,109 of 9,124
Exchanged a few emails with 64audio, but no joy in acquiring a discount. Also doubt I would have qualified for their reviewers discount either as I've no experience writing other audio equipment reviews and I'm not an artist, musician or blogger.

Anyway just took the plunge and placed an order for U8 :grinning: Now the waiting game, but looking forward to getting them

Took my ears a minute to go from dynamic to BA only but after some critical listening ...I love em
smily_headphones1.gif
(U8)

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #4,110 of 9,124
Took my ears a minute to go from dynamic to BA only but after some critical listening ...I love em
smily_headphones1.gif
(U8)

You seem very happy with these, so that's a good sign. Will you be writing a review? 
I'm really just hoping that they're as good as I expect them to be especially since this is the most I've every spent on a pair of headphones/earphones (Previous highest HE-400).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back