1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Feb 25, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #3,707 of 9,124
I got my replacement U12 this morning... finally! I hope this one is not going to fail on me, this is such eargasm :D

This time I am running my U12 balanced with the Silver Dragon on the DP-X1 and it's a real treat, imaging and soundstage are quite amazing. I think it's really a distinctive trait of the U12, the holographic presentation is unlike anything I have heard before (granted, I haven't much experience with TOTLs except the S-EM9). Switching to other IEMs makes this particularly striking : everything sounds just flat :p

As many said here silver cable are a good match with the U12 transparency and clarity are even better while retaining that warm and smooth signature. Can't wait to get my Mojo back to run the U12 now, but in the meantime I am in for hours of bliss running through my playlists :)

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #3,709 of 9,124
  I got my replacement U12 this morning... finally! I hope this one is not going to fail on me, this is such eargasm :D

This time I am running my U12 balanced with the Silver Dragon on the DP-X1 and it's a real treat, imaging and soundstage are quite amazing. I think it's really a distinctive trait of the U12, the holographic presentation is unlike anything I have heard before (granted, I haven't much experience with TOTLs except the S-EM9). Switching to other IEMs makes this particularly striking : everything sounds just flat :p

As many said here silver cable are a good match with the U12 transparency and clarity are even better while retaining that warm and smooth signature. Can't wait to get my Mojo back to run the U12 now, but in the meantime I am in for hours of bliss running through my playlists :)

Great too hear (no pun untended) :)

My A12's sound much better with my aftermarket cable as well. I think the stock cable leaves a lot to be desired. If it was any thinner it would be thread. The stock cable on my Roxannes really is beefy.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #3,710 of 9,124
  Great too hear (no pun untended) :)

My A12's sound much better with my aftermarket cable as well. I think the stock cable leaves a lot to be desired. If it was any thinner it would be thread. The stock cable on my Roxannes really is beefy.

They did sound great out of the stock cable already, I have no real issue with it, Earsonics didn't do better with the S-EM9 and anyway I am running balanced which means anyway an aftermarket cable is a must. Stock cable with the JH are a bit different than standard as they are specific with the bundled pot, but you loose flexibility don't you?

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #3,712 of 9,124
So the u12 and mojo is an amazing combination? How do the U12 compare to JH IEMs

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #3,713 of 9,124
Glad you like you're fixed up U12's!!

I loved them the first time around! Even one day with them was enough to know it's something special, the second day only confirms... I have never enjoyed music so much, period! Totally worth the asking price. I have pondered a lot between U12, Solar, Galaxy and Zeus, I don't regret my choice :)

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #3,714 of 9,124

I loved them the first time around! Even one day with them was enough to know it's something special, the second day only confirms... I have never enjoyed music so much, period! Totally worth the asking price. I have pondered a lot between U12, Solar, Galaxy and Zeus, I don't regret my choice :)

Good, I would like to get some SE5 Ultimates some day-as soon as they implement ADEL. That applies to all ciem makers, I won't buy another ciem unless it has ADEL.

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #3,715 of 9,124
  I am really interested in the A12. Will 64 Audio be at RMAF or NAMM? If yes, do they typically offer discounts. 

We will be at CanJam SoCal next month, as well as RMAF later in the year. NAMM was last month, which we were at...but that doesn't help this question. Show discount is generally 20% with free impressions for your custom fit orders, done right on the spot and taken back with them to the lab (no need to go to an audiologist later, pay out of pocket, and then mail them to 64).

But speaking of which, since I don't think these made there way on here. Here are the quick video recaps for each day at NAMM, for those of you who weren't able to make it.

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #3,716 of 9,124
Good, I would like to get some SE5 Ultimates some day-as soon as they implement ADEL. That applies to all ciem makers, I won't buy another ciem unless it has ADEL.

SE5 Ultimate have amazing reputation indeed... You think ADEL is going to get some traction among other manufacturers?

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,717 of 9,124
  We will be at CanJam SoCal next month, as well as RMAF later in the year. NAMM was last month, which we were at...but that doesn't help this question. Show discount is generally 20% with free impressions for your custom fit orders, done right on the spot and taken back with them to the lab (no need to go to an audiologist later, pay out of pocket, and then mail them to 64).

Thanks. This is perfect. I will make it to the RMAF.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #3,719 of 9,124
Just received my U12 today, and it is everything I was hoping for. Listening via Linux computer .wav files > Grace M7XX > U12. I immediately replaced the stock cable with a Whiplash TwAu that I had stashed away and am right now enjoying the most realistic-sounding music it has been my pleasure to hear for quite some time.

Feb 25, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #3,720 of 9,124
My new A12's should be here mid/late next week.

I would appreciate suggestions for a portable player to use with the A12's,
First, I will tell you a bit about my current music situation.

My home recording studio includes;
Schoeps Mics --> Pendulum MDP 1 --> Prism Titan Interface/Converters --> Focal Twin 6 Be Monitors and Revel Gem Monitors.

I play most of my music through a Bryston BDP-2 into this system.

So, I am looking for a player that is not harsh, clinical or cold. When listing on the road or traveling, I like music to be true but I am not reference crazy. I don't want ear fatigue.
I am willing spend what I need to spend but don't want to piss it away needlessly. I don't want a separate amp. Too much "stuff" to carry makes me crazy and I am usually traveling with one or two guitars.

Thanks
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back