1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 18, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #2,911 of 9,124
  Just received my shiny new U6 today. Listening to them right now and I must say I am very impressed! Playing them through an AK Jr and soundstage out of the world - really the best I have heard so far from an IEM. I was worried about not having enough bass but the bass coming out of these is really good. Most impressive however is how the whole frequency range is present - everything just gets through crystal clear (to my ears at least)! These were certainly worth the long wait. My only complaint is that I am now wondering how much of an improvement the U12 would be!

I order the U6 myself but i did it through the phone and one of the customer service told me the U12 are flat,
so if you like bass the U12 are not for you, be happy with your order

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #2,912 of 9,124
Ah cool! To be honest I am by no means a basshead - I was just worried it would not be very prominent bass. Its just the right amount for me and I am certainly happy I chose the U6 over U8 now! I think I (and my wallet) will be very happy with them for a long time!

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #2,913 of 9,124
Would you recommend getting the normal or enhanced bass for thr Arrow 5TX? Also, how is the soundstage?

Don't need the extra bass, u or a12 has amazing bass aplenty

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #2,914 of 9,124
Not for long... :D

Owned A12 for almost a month now, love them so much that recently ordered U12's as well. My hope is that U12 sound quality is right up there along with A12. It gets me the most when people ask me why I spent so much money on these iems but can't explain why because honestly every time I try I sound like a delusional fantic failing to pick the right words to explain himself XD. I'm hoping next time this happens I'll just give them U12's to try and see it for themselves.

Btw, I had issues with somewhat lacking bass before too. I used to listen directly from my phone or somewhat average soundcard but as soon as I got myself FiiO X7, it blew me away by how good A12 actually started to sound. As someone who listens primarily to electronic/trance and is in love with the lower spectrum, with X7 the bass became godly. Not exaggerated and definitely not lacking, just perfect balance. Guess the issue was not with the headphones but rather with my DAC/AMP.

See,the thing is, yes A12 bass is balanced, yet U12 is id say a very bassy iem, therefore the darker sound sig.I've always had top gear and many toio, so its not setup related

Dec 18, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #2,915 of 9,124
Just wanted to mention here how much I appreciate the new 64 audio case - it is the most well thought out IEM case I have used so far. I am thankful for not having to carry around a bulky pelican case anymore!

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #2,917 of 9,124
Never heard the A12, but the U12 I have. Gave me flashbacks of when I listened to the HE1000. I think an easier way to put it into terms I understand well, is it was an A6 with more detail, tightened bass with more aggression in the sub-bass. The mids felt the same as the A6, but the treble had just a touch of sparkle to give the music life. To me it felt like the A6, with some bonus PRAT points. I know I put it lightly, but it truly is something special. I don't think I'd ever spend $2000 for something I use occasionally at work, but if a IEM is your main method of enjoying music, then the U12 is for you.

One thing that really surprised me about the U12, is that the FR chart on 1964's website makes it look like a bass monster, but it really isn't. The bass is so tight, so controlled, so deep, that it really comes across as less than it actually is, which is perfect. I'd say the A6 seems more bassy. I do think the A12 would probably be much more bassy though, due to the extreme seal.

@ericr has the U12, and I think he has a U6? He is the master of IEM's, and could give some detail on that. Sorry to throw you on the spot eric, but you let me listen to your U12, you ruined me! Payback!

Sorry about that!

One minor point is I actually have the A12 - just had them made as universals. If they had offered the U12 during the Kickstarter I probably would have backed those instead.

Regardless, these regularly blow me away with how good they sound!

It's probably time to sell my V6-Stage universals.

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #2,918 of 9,124
I order the U6 myself but i did it through the phone and one of the customer service told me the U12 are flat,
so if you like bass the U12 are not for you, be happy with your order

It seems you were given some wrong advice. The A10 & U10 are tuned flat for monitoring and Vitaliy said most were being bought by recording engineers and the like.

My A12 universals (U12 has the same drivers) are *very* capable when it comes to bass. Not in a basshead way that artificially adds bass to every track though. If the track has limited bass that's what you get. On the other hand on I've played bass intense tracks for people trying my A12 who have commented they sound like full size cans.

But it's not just the bass, I find the A12 to be *very* capable in all aspects. It has great extension both low and high, very natural & realistic tone, cohesiveness across the entire frequency range, great detail across the entire frequency range (without resorting to harsh or spiked treble). And thanks to ADEL, fantastic soundstage and instrument separation/placement, along with an incredibly realistic sense of "you are there" (with good live recordings you can hear the venue).

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #2,919 of 9,124
Just wanted to mention here how much I appreciate the new 64 audio case - it is the most well thought out IEM case I have used so far. I am thankful for not having to carry around a bulky pelican case anymore!

My new 64audio case is giving me alot of problems. It is not air-tight sealed as there is no rubber O-ring around the edge so the dehumidifier will turn to green extremely fast even when hardly open the case. I live in Singapore and the dehumidifier turned totally green within 3 days in the case with about a total of 8 opening and closing of the case.

Another case is that the dehumidifier keeps popping out of the slot together with the spong that is holding it. This is caused by poor design. The internal surface that hold the dehumidifier is slanted outwards which by vector calculation will have a "pushing out" pressure that will "push" the dehumidifier out from the slot. It popped out so often, ie it will come out within 3 hrs, that I have already lost a sponge that is supposed to hold the dehumidifier.

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #2,920 of 9,124
My new 64audio case is giving me alot of problems. It is not air-tight sealed as there is no rubber O-ring around the edge so the dehumidifier will turn to green extremely fast even when hardly open the case. I live in Singapore and the dehumidifier turned totally green within 3 days in the case with about a total of 8 opening and closing of the case.

Another case is that the dehumidifier keeps popping out of the slot together with the spong that is holding it. This is caused by poor design. The internal surface that hold the dehumidifier is slanted outwards which by vector calculation will have a "pushing out" pressure that will "push" the dehumidifier out from the slot. It popped out so often, ie it will come out within 3 hrs, that I have already lost a sponge that is supposed to hold the dehumidifier.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I didn't really notice that since I am not too worried about humidity. Hopefully someone at 64 audio is reading this so they can improve the next iteration of the case. For my purposes, however, the case is still much more convenient than most other cases!

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #2,921 of 9,124

Any chance you can get some O-ring material or lay down a bead of silicone out of a tube to make a seal?  Singapore is definitely going to put a strain on a dehumidifier pack.  I think you're right, they messed up on the design but maybe you can engineer a fix.  Good luck with it and make sure and post your solution.

Ironically, I have the opposite problem living in Northern Idaho.  I run a humidifier in my music room almost the year around to keep our stringed instruments at 45-50% humidity.

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2,923 of 9,124
Not with the automatic module.  In fact the isolation is a lot better than what I was expecting.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #2,924 of 9,124
Isolation is okay but not great. In my experience there is a fair amount of leakage of incoming sound. Isolation is quite a bit less compared to the Shure and Etymotics IEMs I have/have tried and about on par with Sony XBA H3s of the world.

Plus when wind blows against the Adel module i can hear the whistling wind noise. Having customs may improve this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back