1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 17, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #2,896 of 9,124
Dec 18, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #2,899 of 9,124
Anyone know how the A12 pairs with a Headstage Arrow 5TX or Oppo HA-2?

I have both but don't use Oppo at all(its just so beautiful, but no other purpose anymore :wink:,arrow is a stellar amp and the dac's no slouch either,im sure A12 pairs great, I have no doubt.

Dec 18, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #2,900 of 9,124
I might be the only one with both A12 and U12, have had the custom for close to a year and frankly although admitting its technical ability it never became a love story mainly because I am not getting enough bass,not until I press them in, but as soon as I let go, bass is there,just not satisfying enough, sound sig becomes more bright orientated, there's something slightly unpleasant about the treble.
Well, guess what, U12 arrived yesterday and it sounds like a different iem altogether, I really didn't expect that at all, was even thinking I was gonna sell the U version.if I didn't know what I was listening to id say it was a completely different iem.
There's bass, so much its a darker signature, treble needs yet to come out tho details are all there. I am very very fond of this iem now.
I will be contacting Vitaliy soon to send my custom back for a refit.
In a way, the custom is more detailed, but it has almost no bass in comparison and it just doesn't sound coherent, treble has a somewhat sibilant quality, tho still very detailed, just not a pleasurable listen, more just technical power that doesn't deliver almost any musical joy.
The U12 on the other hand is a completely coherent, id say like a one dynamic driver kinda sound, if anything very close to Sony Z5, more open and capable in any regard tho. I am truly shocked of the difference.I love the U,tho it needs a lot of burn in, it feels it can open a lot more, it just is a very musical,warm sound that I like and enjoy tremendously already.
If i did a blind test I would have said one is obviously a multidriver,however capable,just no joy there.the U I would say was a dynamic driver hybrid maybe,best I've heard.
My Solar is also a beautifully made, stunning sounding iem that just hasn't got anything to complain about,its bass is awesome, treble is prominent but silky and highly detailed, mids are there,but less upfront, U12 has better voice handling,very sweet, Solar is brighter yet super balanced and bassy too,tho U12 goes lower and more, difference might be due mostly tips and that very extended nozzle that gets in perfectly. U12 is warmer,lush,but highly detailed, very quiet background with mojo btw,details come out of nowhere,the effect is amazing.
Solar sounds less warm next to U12,treble comes out quite a bit more,but its a shimmering, sweet never fatiguing one, kinda reminiscent of K10 from my memories.its by no means a treble kinda iem tho, bass is also prominent, perhaps it has a slight U shape sound signature that is a lot of fun. I wish I had more than 2 ears to listen to both:blush::beers:

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #2,902 of 9,124
I might be the only one with both A12 and U12, have had the custom for close to a year and frankly although admitting its technical ability it never became a love story mainly because I am not getting enough bass,not until I press them in, but as soon as I let go, bass is there,just not satisfying enough, sound sig becomes more bright orientated, there's something slightly unpleasant about the treble.
Well, guess what, U12 arrived yesterday and it sounds like a different iem altogether, I really didn't expect that at all, was even thinking I was gonna sell the U version.if I didn't know what I was listening to id say it was a completely different iem.
There's bass, so much its a darker signature, treble needs yet to come out tho details are all there. I am very very fond of this iem now.
I will be contacting Vitaliy soon to send my custom back for a refit.
In a way, the custom is more detailed, but it has almost no bass in comparison and it just doesn't sound coherent, treble has a somewhat sibilant quality, tho still very detailed, just not a pleasurable listen, more just technical power that doesn't deliver almost any musical joy.
The U12 on the other hand is a completely coherent, id say like a one dynamic driver kinda sound, if anything very close to Sony Z5, more open and capable in any regard tho. I am truly shocked of the difference.I love the U,tho it needs a lot of burn in, it feels it can open a lot more, it just is a very musical,warm sound that I like and enjoy tremendously already.
If i did a blind test I would have said one is obviously a multidriver,however capable,just no joy there.the U I would say was a dynamic driver hybrid maybe,best I've heard.
My Solar is also a beautifully made, stunning sounding iem that just hasn't got anything to complain about,its bass is awesome, treble is prominent but silky and highly detailed, mids are there,but less upfront, U12 has better voice handling,very sweet, Solar is brighter yet super balanced and bassy too,tho U12 goes lower and more, difference might be due mostly tips and that very extended nozzle that gets in perfectly. U12 is warmer,lush,but highly detailed, very quiet background with mojo btw,details come out of nowhere,the effect is amazing.
Solar sounds less warm next to U12,treble comes out quite a bit more,but its a shimmering, sweet never fatiguing one, kinda reminiscent of K10 from my memories.its by no means a treble kinda iem tho, bass is also prominent, perhaps it has a slight U shape sound signature that is a lot of fun. I wish I had more than 2 ears to listen to both:blush::beers:

My A12 has powerful sub bass-extremely impressive and it also doesn't bleed into the also powerful mid bass. You need a refit, sorry to hear about it. Definately a fit issue

Dec 18, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #2,904 of 9,124
My A12 has powerful sub bass-extremely impressive and it also doesn't bleed into the also powerful mid bass. You need a refit, sorry to hear about it. Definately a fit issue

Yeah must be the case, it really sounds like a totally different iem, I mean I can tell A12 abilities but it sounds a little confused, U12 is the most coherent, unified and harmonious sound ive heard in a BA, it really doesn't sound like a ba drivers only. My A12 sounds a mess next to it:fearful:

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #2,905 of 9,124
Yeah must be the case, it really sounds like a totally different iem, I mean I can tell A12 abilities but it sounds a little confused, U12 is the most coherent, unified and harmonious sound ive heard in a BA, it really doesn't sound like a ba drivers only. My A12 sounds a mess next to it:fearful:

Also if you're pairing A12 w/mojo, mojo games the sub bass.

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #2,906 of 9,124
I have both but don't use Oppo at all(its just so beautiful, but no other purpose anymore :wink:,arrow is a stellar amp and the dac's no slouch either,im sure A12 pairs great, I have no doubt.

Would you recommend getting the normal or enhanced bass for thr Arrow 5TX? Also, how is the soundstage?

Dec 18, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,907 of 9,124
Also if you're pairing A12 w/mojo, mojo games the sub bass.

Def not that tho, nor is the silver/gold litz, I've tried everything, its nite and day b/n A & U:smirk:

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,908 of 9,124
I might be the only one with both A12 and U12, 

Not for long... :D

Owned A12 for almost a month now, love them so much that recently ordered U12's as well. My hope is that U12 sound quality is right up there along with A12. It gets me the most when people ask me why I spent so much money on these iems but can't explain why because honestly every time I try I sound like a delusional fantic failing to pick the right words to explain himself XD. I'm hoping next time this happens I'll just give them U12's to try and see it for themselves.

Btw, I had issues with somewhat lacking bass before too. I used to listen directly from my phone or somewhat average soundcard but as soon as I got myself FiiO X7, it blew me away by how good A12 actually started to sound. As someone who listens primarily to electronic/trance and is in love with the lower spectrum, with X7 the bass became godly. Not exaggerated and definitely not lacking, just perfect balance. Guess the issue was not with the headphones but rather with my DAC/AMP.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #2,910 of 9,124
Just received my shiny new U6 today. Listening to them right now and I must say I am very impressed! Playing them through an AK Jr and soundstage out of the world - really the best I have heard so far from an IEM. I was worried about not having enough bass but the bass coming out of these is really good. Most impressive however is how the whole frequency range is present - everything just gets through crystal clear (to my ears at least)! These were certainly worth the long wait. My only complaint is that I am now wondering how much of an improvement the U12 would be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back