1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Dec 22, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #2,943 of 9,124
Not sure if anyone's said this, but I emailed support last week about the manual Adel modules and the inline mic cable, and they said their best estimate is that they would be available in January.

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #2,944 of 9,124
  Not sure if anyone's said this, but I emailed support last week about the manual Adel modules and the inline mic cable, and they said their best estimate is that they would be available in January.

Not sure if you were the KS backer, but latest update mentioned they were shipping out the new casing + mic cable to A series backers this week, while the manual modules are shipped separately next month to Feb.

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2,945 of 9,124
Hey guys, I haven't been following the thread for a while but feel I can probably offer a bit of help to a few of you...especially with ADEL specific questions. I was the reddit poster referenced a few pages back with A12 ADEL issues and since then I've gotten them all squared away by adding the new manual ADEL modules (see updated reviews on reddit & headfi).

In the aftermath of that whole headache, I've been brought on with Asius Technologies to help with manufacturing the current ADEL modules as well as future ones. I can probably answer alot of ADEL related issues/questions you guys might be having, if I can't then I can certainly bring them to Stephen (the creator of ADEL) for a direct answer (He doesn't post on head-fi). While the customer service department at 64 is great, ADEL is still very new to them and they end up forwarding most questions/customers directly to Stephen anyways. 

I'll make checking this thread a routine part of my day and you can always PM me if that seems necessary. 

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #2,946 of 9,124
Hey guys, I haven't been following the thread for a while but feel I can probably offer a bit of help to a few of you...especially with ADEL specific questions. I was the reddit poster referenced a few pages back with A12 ADEL issues and since then I've gotten them all squared away by adding the new manual ADEL modules (see updated reviews on reddit & headfi).

In the aftermath of that whole headache, I've been brought on with Asius Technologies to help with manufacturing the current ADEL modules as well as future ones. I can probably answer alot of ADEL related issues/questions you guys might be having, if I can't then I can certainly bring them to Stephen (the creator of ADEL) for a direct answer (He doesn't post on head-fi). While the customer service department at 64 is great, ADEL is still very new to them and they end up forwarding most questions/customers directly to Stephen anyways. 

I'll make checking this thread a routine part of my day and you can always PM me if that seems necessary. 

So we can expect structural changes to the current ADEL auto/manual models?

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #2,947 of 9,124
There will be more varients coming. The auto is pretty much a done deal, manual will soon be upgraded to having an audible clicking as you dial in the adjuster. This way youll be able to count clicks to get to your desired settings, rather than just knowing when it sounds perfect to you.

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2,948 of 9,124
There will be more varients coming. The auto is pretty much a done deal, manual will soon be upgraded to having an audible clicking as you dial in the adjuster. This way youll be able to count clicks to get to your desired settings, rather than just knowing when it sounds perfect to you.

Fascinating, thank you. I'm assuming that with the setting cranked all the way down the module is not opening and the pressure is not being released(essentially a closed back typical ciem).

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #2,949 of 9,124
Fascinating, thank you. I'm assuming that with the setting cranked all the way down the module is not opening and the pressure is not being released(essentially a closed back typical ciem).

Basically, but ADEL is still working a bit, it's more like they're adjustable within the range of 10% to 90%, but by ear you really wouldn't know it wasn't 100% eliminated when closed all the way.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #2,951 of 9,124
How many clicks from fully closed is it to the default setting of the auto module? Is the auto module set at 50% or some other number that they thought sounds optimal?

I can't really say in terms of a concrete amount, because my manuals currently are not clickers. But if I had to ball park for you, I'd say the autos are set to what you would call 75% open.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #2,952 of 9,124
1964 have re-uploaded the video (was privately listed before) of the new case for those interested in its durability :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxkmbGIll2Y

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,953 of 9,124
Really loving my new U6. Sounds very similar as V6, but the U6 is a bit airier and musical. I don't know if the quad bores makes the difference or simply different placement of the drivers inside the IEM, but the U6 blend the sound a bit better IMO. The bass also a tad different, airier in the U6 than V6, not much but definitely noticeable to me. Lucky to picked the U6 in kickstarter for lower price, totally worth it. Both are great IEMs from 1964ears. Also, love the new case with extra comply tips which I love so much.

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #2,954 of 9,124
Really loving my new U6. Sounds very similar as V6, but the U6 is a bit airier and musical. I don't know if the quad bores makes the difference or simply different placement of the drivers inside the IEM, but the U6 blend the sound a bit better IMO. The bass also a tad different, airier in the U6 than V6, not much but definitely noticeable to me. Lucky to picked the U6 in kickstarter for lower price, totally worth it. Both are great IEMs from 1964ears. Also, love the new case with extra comply tips which I love so much.

The fourth bore is for the ADEL module, and the differences you're hearing are exactly what the ADEL technology is all about!

Dec 27, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #2,955 of 9,124
Awesome. Definitely hear the difference between the V6S and U6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back