1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 22, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #2,551 of 9,124
I've owned multiple clear cables from multiple IEM companies and they all turned green. Typically, there is disclaimer that says that clear cables will turn green due to oxidation. Just take a look at IEMs on the classified section and you'll see a ton from top manufacturers that turn green. Doesn't affect sound though.

I dont believe I saw a disclaimer on the order confirming site when we were asked to choose our options. I dont buy stuff from the classifieds either.

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,554 of 9,124
Is there a hole in the plastic ADEL modules in the middle to let air out? I don't have mine in front of me, they are in for RMA.

My A12's-they have plastic modules and they fit very tight, with the double O-rings.  I understand the membranes breathes with the music, allowing pressure to escape, but how can the pressure escape if there is no hole in the plastic?  The seal is tight inside so air isn't coming out of the sides from what I can tell.  Assuming the membrane is sealed inside the module and isn't letting air out into the environment, the pressure should equalize on both sides of the membrane almost instantly and the membrane would stop moving right? 

I noticed the new metal ones have a hole in the middle to let air out.

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,556 of 9,124
Happily received my U10s today. They did not come with the cables because I ordered the microphone cable and seems 64audio still needs time to adjust the microphone cable. The fitting is one of the best I have ever tried, very small body.

I used my DHC silver cable and they sounded great. The smooth mids, clear highs and most surprisingly, they don't lack bass at all! I guess it's because the Pure OCC silver litz IEM cable actually adds up a bit bass. Soundstage and image are also great.

More impressions pairing with Hugo and compare with my 1plus2 will come later.

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #2,557 of 9,124
Great to see some U10s! Theyre not bass light by any means. Theyre juat not as bassy as the 8 or 12. I would say theyre definitely still slightly elevated in the bass department.

Interested in hearing more of ur thoughts!

Oct 22, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #2,558 of 9,124
I like the A6 a lot, but I think I may get an A2 in the future. It's the only earphone 1964 offers that has a FR that I will probably really like. The A10 would also likely suffice, but a bit of a stretch for the budget. 

I like the A6 enough to keep it and enjoy it, but the sound has yet to really excite me. I think at this point I'm more happy with it's isolation and comfort than I am with the FR. Though don't take that the wrong way, the A6 is no slouch when it comes to sound, I'm just used to the HD 800 which is a much leaner bright sound.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #2,559 of 9,124
I think that for those who prefer FR closer to neutral or less bass, then the A2, A5 and A10 would be the best options. The other models cater more to fun signatures or performing musicians who need to have descent bass response when playing live. Talking about the A5, has anyone heard it? I think most of the attention goes to the other models. 

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #2,560 of 9,124
  I like the A6 a lot, but I think I may get an A2 in the future. It's the only earphone 1964 offers that has a FR that I will probably really like. The A10 would also likely suffice, but a bit of a stretch for the budget. 

I like the A6 enough to keep it and enjoy it, but the sound has yet to really excite me. I think at this point I'm more happy with it's isolation and comfort than I am with the FR. Though don't take that the wrong way, the A6 is no slouch when it comes to sound, I'm just used to the HD 800 which is a much leaner bright sound.

Interesting you say that Bob.  I've been struggling a little with the U6 as well.  Obviously I couldn't test any because of my location.  I chose the U6 because I figured it would be nicely balanced, and because I was concerned with the Adel module, that having it open would compromise the bass.  The bass is actually perfect on the U6 - wouldn't change a thing.  Where I'm struggling is the lower mids in relation to the upper mids. They seem to be very, very flat, and there is no upper mid/lower treble peak. Some may think this is a good thing - but I'm really regretting not going all out and getting the U10 now.

I gave them to a friend (who has a very good ear - and we often have similar thoughts).  He's involved in the design of IEMs (sorry can't say much more than that).  He described the mid-range as "lifeless". I wouldn't go that far - it s really detailed,and for male vocals and rock music it is pretty amazing. But I would say that it just doesn't suit my preferences.  Interestingly, I used EQ and gave it a simple bump at 6 kHz and 8 kHz, and it's a different earphone.

I've included a graph - raw data only - showing measurement of the U6 and comparative measurement of my q-Jays.  The graph is just for comparison.  It is uncalibrated and uncompensated - but I'm showing it so you can see the frequency deviation vs the q-Jays 

Without EQ - I prefer the Jays.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #2,561 of 9,124
Sometimes I have a bit of a pressure on my eardrums, so I have to push the A6 up a little bit to release the air. Makes me want a dump valve Adel module. Press it to normalize the pressure.

I could see an A2/A5 in my future.

If the custom module allows me to lessen the bass, I would absolutely love the A6. It's not a destructive amount of bass like the A4 was, but it's still a bit too much for me. Still very listenable and doesn't seem to bloat the mids much. I'm really hitting into that last 10% with this statement. 90% is happy with the A6.

Also I'm terrible at EQ, but I did the opposite of your graph (only above 1khz) on my phones crappy little 8 band EQ. Sounds better, but no idea if I did more harm than good. At first I just lowered the bass, but that didn't seem the right way to get results, as it sounded worse.

Oct 23, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #2,562 of 9,124
  Is there a hole in the plastic ADEL modules in the middle to let air out? I don't have mine in front of me, they are in for RMA.

My A12's-they have plastic modules and they fit very tight, with the double O-rings.  I understand the membranes breathes with the music, allowing pressure to escape, but how can the pressure escape if there is no hole in the plastic?  The seal is tight inside so air isn't coming out of the sides from what I can tell.  

I noticed the new metal ones have a hole in the middle to let air out.

I don't recall the membrane having a hole in the membrane. I do see a hole in the module itself.

Assuming the membrane is sealed inside the module and isn't letting air out into the environment, the pressure should equalize on both sides of the membrane almost instantly and the membrane would stop moving right? 

IIRC, this is the basis of the membrane, except it should be moving to reduce the pressure on the eardrum. If it didn't move, I think it would be more along the lines of a typical IEM.

Oct 24, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #2,564 of 9,124
From the ADEL A2 descriptions: "This product is ideal for emerging bands, houses of worship and casual music listening.product is ideal for emerging bands, houses of worship and casual music listening."

What is a house of worship and why would they need custom in-ears if it's anything remotely like what it sounds like? 
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,565 of 9,124
From the ADEL A2 descriptions: "This product is ideal for emerging bands, houses of worship and casual music listening.product is ideal for emerging bands, houses of worship and casual music listening."

What is a house of worship and why would they need custom in-ears if it's anything remotely like what it sounds like? :confused_face_2:

Churches are usually called Houses of Worship when talked about commercially. A lot of churches use in ears for their musicians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back