1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #2,583 of 9,124
Judging by the graph, I think the u6 will have to be at high volume level to enjoy the sound. I'm guessing that's how the others got their good impression on the v6stage. Very similar to the SD2, bland at lower volume but great at high volume. Again this is just my guess although I have experienced the SD2.

I was hoping that adel with fix the treble problems. I felt the se way about the v6s and primarily do my listening on the he560s. I am waiting for the adel upgrade program that they promised so maybe i can upgrade to the a5 or the a10 possibly

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #2,584 of 9,124
I was very disturbed today to find out I was listening to my skull candies at 2 clicks past half on my Iphone 5.  My ADEL's are in the shop being RMA"d, I can't wait to get them back.  Since they've been gone, the random ringing has returned to my ears.  It completely left when I was using the ADELs all day everyday. 

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #2,585 of 9,124
Can anyone give a review of the A/U10s? There are quite a few of the 12s, 6s and 8s and 4s, but not so much on the rest.
Maybe the 5s as well (and 3s. that's it. really) :)
As a point of reference, I have the HD800s (and will get the Noble 4s in the next few days).
I probably will take a while to get something like any of these, but I'm interested in anything that has the potential of saving my ears.
Thanks!!!

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #2,587 of 9,124
  Can anyone give a review of the A/U10s? There are quite a few of the 12s, 6s and 8s and 4s, but not so much on the rest.
As a point of reference, I have the HD800s (and will get the Noble 4s in the next few days).
I probably will take a while to get something like any of these, but I'm interested in anything that has the potential of saving my ears.
Thanks!!!

Posted a short review of the U10s sometime before, might be helpful
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #2,588 of 9,124
Thanks!!!

From a couple of posts I made this summer:

Last Saturday was the Seattle Head-Fi meet and 1964 Ears came up from Portland to join us. I was excited when our meet organizer extraordinaire (BigPappa) told us Vitaliy the President of 1964 Ears would be coming up. Then I arrive at the meet and see Vitaliy had brought along Stephen Ambrose the inventor of the ADEL technology! How cool is that?

During the Kickstarter I went back and forth trying to decide between the A10 & A12, finally settling on the A12 at the last minutes of the campaign. Seeing they brought the A10 I couldn't let the chance to try them pass me by. The A10 was impressive for sure. With less bass than the A12 the female vocals just popped out with immense clarity and accuracy. Vitaliy mentioned most of the A10s are being brought by studio/recording engineers and the like and with the clarity of these I can see why. Was I left wishing I had backed the A10 instead? No, the A12 are just way too much fun!

- and -

The A12 is hugely musical! 1964 was at our meet last month and I compared my A12 to the A10 (both universal). The A10 comes across more mid-forward and was intriguing with female vocals, but to my ears the A12 is a better all around performer.

I'm no basshead and went back and forth between the A10 & A12 until the last few minutes of the Kickstarter. Also, I much prefer my V6-Stage to the V8 due to the V8's bass being a bit overstated with some bleed into the mids. I find none of these issues with the A12.

Nov 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2,589 of 9,124
  Posted a short review of the U10s sometime before, might be helpful
smily_headphones1.gif

From a couple of posts I made this summer:

Last Saturday was the Seattle Head-Fi meet and 1964 Ears came up from Portland to join us. I was excited when our meet organizer extraordinaire (BigPappa) told us Vitaliy the President of 1964 Ears would be coming up. Then I arrive at the meet and see Vitaliy had brought along Stephen Ambrose the inventor of the ADEL technology! How cool is that?

During the Kickstarter I went back and forth trying to decide between the A10 & A12, finally settling on the A12 at the last minutes of the campaign. Seeing they brought the A10 I couldn't let the chance to try them pass me by. The A10 was impressive for sure. With less bass than the A12 the female vocals just popped out with immense clarity and accuracy. Vitaliy mentioned most of the A10s are being brought by studio/recording engineers and the like and with the clarity of these I can see why. Was I left wishing I had backed the A10 instead? No, the A12 are just way too much fun!

- and -

The A12 is hugely musical! 1964 was at our meet last month and I compared my A12 to the A10 (both universal). The A10 comes across more mid-forward and was intriguing with female vocals, but to my ears the A12 is a better all around performer.

I'm no basshead and went back and forth between the A10 & A12 until the last few minutes of the Kickstarter. Also, I much prefer my V6-Stage to the V8 due to the V8's bass being a bit overstated with some bleed into the mids. I find none of these issues with the A12.

Thank you both! I read these (I believe I read from page 68 to here). These are great. I guess I'm just wondering why there aren't any "full reviews" as there are a couple of the A/U12. 
I guess it might be too early still, and it needs more time. 

Both of you that tried both A/U12 and A/U10 (and anyone else that wants to chime in), would it be accurate that both are mostly tuned the same, with the 10 having less bass (which would make the mids and treble be more pronounced due to that), and the 12 having more bass than reference (thus, making the 10 reference and not mid-centric)? Or do you think they are tuned a bit differently, and the 10s being mid-centric? I know I might be nit-picking here, I'm just trying to get the sound sig. Can't really try them (couldn't find anyone in Canada selling 1964ears stuff anywhere). I guess that when I'll go to The States at some point, I'll have to try and find a place to have a listen :)

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #2,590 of 9,124
Nov 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #2,591 of 9,124

Thank you both! I read these (I believe I read from page 68 to here). These are great. I guess I'm just wondering why there aren't any "full reviews" as there are a couple of the A/U12. 
I guess it might be too early still, and it needs more time. 

Both of you that tried both A/U12 and A/U10 (and anyone else that wants to chime in), would it be accurate that both are mostly tuned the same, with the 10 having less bass (which would make the mids and treble be more pronounced due to that), and the 12 having more bass than reference (thus, making the 10 reference and not mid-centric)? Or do you think they are tuned a bit differently, and the 10s being mid-centric? I know I might be nit-picking here, I'm just trying to get the sound sig. Can't really try them (couldn't find anyone in Canada selling 1964ears stuff anywhere). I guess that when I'll go to The States at some point, I'll have to try and find a place to have a listen :)

I would say 10s as a bit mid-centric, but overall still balanced. 12s, to my ears, have almost same amount of bass and mids, highs are somewhat less. You can tell us what music you listen and then get some more useful advice. I personally listen to female vocals mostly. Very happy that I chose the U10s rather than U12s.

Nov 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #2,592 of 9,124
  I would say 10s as a bit mid-centric, but overall still balanced. 12s, to my ears, have almost same amount of bass and mids, highs are somewhat less. You can tell us what music you listen and then get some more useful advice. I personally listen to female vocals mostly. Very happy that I chose the U10s rather than U12s.

Do you have the A10s or U10s? I ask because I remember reading somewhere that 1964 had stated that their universals tend to be a little more mid-centric than the custom version. I would imagine that driver placement must make a difference on a universal as well, and believe that these features likely apply to most if not all IEM manufacturers. I've read in other forums that people state that customs sound a little different to the universal version. 

On a separate note, wouldn't it be nice if 1964 did a IEM tour and sent samples to some reviewers to write detailed reviews/impressions? I think this would be nice given that the ADEL line is so new and would help other Head-fiers. I would say what I'm most impressed with is that I feel a lot less fatigue with my ADELs. I get to listen to music for hours at work and can easily tell the difference after an hour of listening despite these being the bassiest IEMs I own. Also, this weekend I played with my U8s (I normally prefer my custom non ADELs due to isolation), but wow, the difference was huge. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,593 of 9,124
  Do you have the A10s or U10s? I ask because I remember reading somewhere that 1964 had stated that their universals tend to be a little more mid-centric than the custom version. I would imagine that driver placement must make a difference on a universal as well, and believe that these features likely apply to most if not all IEM manufacturers. I've read in other forums that people state that customs sound a little different to the universal version. 

On a separate note, wouldn't it be nice if 1964 did a IEM tour and sent samples to some reviewers to write detailed reviews/impressions? I think this would be nice given that the ADEL line is so new and would help other Head-fiers. I would say what I'm most impressed with is that I feel a lot less fatigue with my ADELs. I get to listen to music for hours at work and can easily tell the difference after an hour of listening despite these being the bassiest IEMs I own. Also, this weekend I played with my U8s (I normally prefer my custom non ADELs due to isolation), but wow, the difference was huge. 

Yes I do have the U10s. I guess what you said is true. Right now 1964 hasn't shipped the original cables, so my impressions are based on the silver cable I own. Might be a little different from the "right" sound signature though.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #2,595 of 9,124

Hmm. I listen to many things. Right now, with your female vocals "recommendation" I put Bjork on, but I really listen to many many things. Mostly rock, but also jazz and classical. 
Male and female vocalists (though more male, but some of them sing really high e.g. Rush and Yes 
smily_headphones1.gif
). 
I used to be a roadie, so I'm very much used to balanced sound, as that is what you strive for in a live concert (rock or other). That's why I find the vast majority of HPs very warm sounding. 
I do really want to try these. Hope I'll get to visit the US in the next year or so.
And, of course, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back