1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #2,536 of 9,124

Hey guys, Can you guys provide me some sound features of A12? I am considering to get a pair but one of my friends said it might not fit for my taste since i enjoy more musical and dynamic iems. A12 has comfortable sound but it might be boring for some people
What do you guys think?

Very nice deep bass and clear mids, the highs is smooth but may lack a bit of detail for some people. It can never be boring.

Is it actually lacking a bit of detail, or is it possible that the slightly boosted bass may make it seem like the treble is a bit more 'laid-back', in the mix?

I'm not defending the A12 - I'm genuinely posing the question if the above might possibly be the case, or not...

I initially had the A12 in my sights, but then realised, from user impressions, that the A10 might suit my tastes better (I like a mostly-neutral presentation).

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #2,537 of 9,124

Is it actually lacking a bit of detail, or is it possible that the slightly boosted bass may make it seem like the treble is a bit more 'laid-back', in the mix?

I'm not defending the A12 - I'm genuinely posing the question if the above might possibly be the case, or not...

I initially had the A12 in my sights, but then realised, from user impressions, that the A10 might suit my tastes better (I like a mostly-neutral presentation).

A10 + MOJO review coming soon? :)

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #2,538 of 9,124

I tried both A10 and A12 demos some time before, and I would say A10 wins on treble and A12 wins on bass. They are both neutral in some way while A10 is "higher" neutral and A12 is "lower" neutral. A10 may kind of lack bass impact for many people, but I don't listen to much rock music so they suit me very well.

Also if you are going with the custom ones I think A12 might be a better choice because all frequencies might add up a bit more than the demos people try. The details of treble won't be a problem then.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #2,539 of 9,124

A10 + MOJO review coming soon? :)

Well I can do U10 + Hugo
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #2,540 of 9,124
  I tried both A10 and A12 demos some time before, and I would say A10 wins on treble and A12 wins on bass. They are both neutral in some way while A10 is "higher" neutral and A12 is "lower" neutral. A10 may kind of lack bass impact for many people, but I don't listen to much rock music so they suit me very well.

Also if you are going with the custom ones I think A12 might be a better choice because all frequencies might add up a bit more than the demos people try. The details of treble won't be a problem then.

wouldn't that work for the A10 as well - i.e., that it would have a bit more bottom end weight and authority as a custom?

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #2,542 of 9,124
I've never had a custom become brighter than a demo (assuming the demo is made well and truly representative of the custom). Typically a demo sounds brighter for 2 reasons:

1. Shorter insertion depth. Demos usually don't fit as deep, so treble peaks are larger and slightly lower on the frequency response. This makes them perceptually brighter. Full custom insertion depth is usually deeper, which reduces the peak and moves it higher up the frequency response, so it's a bit smoother overall.

2. Demo can't seal like a custom, so it usually has less overall bass presence and rumble. Even the best demos I've heard are always a hair less bassy than the full custom. Increased bass always translates to psychoacoustics of slightly perceived less treble.

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #2,543 of 9,124
Just got my U8's in.  Initial impressions are VERY GOOD!  Sorry, too busy listening to music.  FWIW I'm using stock comply tips.  I ordered the OSTY tips based on the recommendation a few pages back.  

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #2,544 of 9,124
Well this is a bit disappointing. After receiving the U6 and using for such a short time the cable is turning green.

Don't think it affects the sound but still ... You would expect higher quality for such a high end product.

Looks like my search for after market cables has become a priority.

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #2,545 of 9,124
Well this is a bit disappointing. After receiving the U6 and using for such a short time the cable is turning green.

Don't think it affects the sound but still ... You would expect higher quality for such a high end product.

Looks like my search for after market cables has become a priority.

No, this has nothing to do with poor quality - it is 100% common and 100% to be expected with clear CIEM cables, regardless of vendor.

That's why most people go for black sheath instead of clear.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #2,546 of 9,124
I have cables that continue to look in pristine condition in clear sheath including a relatively cheap mmcx cable i use with the Sony XBA-H3 and the hifiman he500 stock cable that is clear as well.

They should have warned that the clear version will turn green it is not that common knowledge.

Oct 21, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #2,547 of 9,124
I have cables that continue to look in pristine condition in clear sheath including a relatively cheap mmcx cable i use with the Sony XBA-H3 and the hifiman he500 stock cable that is clear as well.

They should have warned that the clear version will turn green it is not that common knowledge.

I've owned multiple clear cables from multiple IEM companies and they all turned green. Typically, there is disclaimer that says that clear cables will turn green due to oxidation. Just take a look at IEMs on the classified section and you'll see a ton from top manufacturers that turn green. Doesn't affect sound though.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #2,548 of 9,124

+1 on hrq12345 comments.
A12 is not lacking details in the highs, but it does not have the sparkling highs/peaky that you can find in brighter IEMs e.g. JH13fp.
The slightly boosted bass does not interfere with the mids and highs, just that the sound signature of the A12 is tuned that way. The mids and treble are cleaner than JH16fp and 1964 V8, but JH13fp and V6 mids and treble sounds cleaner than the A12 which has a tinge more warmth and depth.

IMO the graph sound signature comparison given on the Adel website matches my impression of the A12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back