1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 19, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #2,521 of 9,124
  http://youtu.be/qxkmbGIll2Y
ok

LOL - now let's see you try that with a Russian tank
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #2,523 of 9,124
I'd be interested if anyone with the U-series ADELs has found any other tips that might fit... the Comply tips that came with my U4's just don't isolate well enough. Someone recommended the Shure Olive tips, but the core on those is *way* too small... the stem on these U4's is something like 27/128"/5.3xmm in diameter. Comply doesn't list their core diameters so I don't even know which type of tip comes with these U4's... :/

The sound quality on these things is amazing... but the isolation is pretty poor in that, even with all the "proper insertion" techniques, I can clearly hear people speaking to me on-stage. It's kinda driving me nuts. Wish I'd had the $400 to upgrade to the A4's when they made that offer... I have it now, but it's too late and I can't justify spending $900+ on a new set.

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #2,524 of 9,124
I'd be interested if anyone with the U-series ADELs has found any other tips that might fit... the Comply tips that came with my U4's just don't isolate well enough. Someone recommended the Shure Olive tips, but the core on those is *way* too small... the stem on these U4's is something like 27/128"/5.3xmm in diameter. Comply doesn't list their core diameters so I don't even know which type of tip comes with these U4's... :/

The sound quality on these things is amazing... but the isolation is pretty poor in that, even with all the "proper insertion" techniques, I can clearly hear people speaking to me on-stage. It's kinda driving me nuts. Wish I'd had the $400 to upgrade to the A4's when they made that offer... I have it now, but it's too late and I can't justify spending $900+ on a new set.

If you look back a number of pages on this thread, somebody offered a very thorough review of many tips. Spin fits are some of the most mentioned, but there have been others too.

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #2,526 of 9,124
I've read several review threads. The main issue j have is finding tips that will specifically for these IEM stems. I have yet to find anyplace that comprehensively lists the inner diameter of the sleeve in the center of the various brands of foam tips. Comply doesn't publish that info, and I can't seem to find info for many of the other tips either. I see "fits the following brands", but that does me no good if I don't *have* those brands, and most of those various brands don't list their stem diameter either. :confounded:

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #2,528 of 9,124

To me, the Spinfits are by far the best for comfort, deep insertion and I feel that they yield the best audio quality. That being said, they won't isolate as good as the Complys when well inserted, but will sound better in my opinion for general listening, but not for playing live.  I also wish I would have had the $$ to upgrade to the A8s. No universal tips will isolate like customs will. When I play with my U8s, I still use the Complys. Please report if you find other tips, but the guide provided earlier is perhaps the best I've seen so far. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #2,530 of 9,124
As music-meister mentioned earlier there was a post a couple weeks back.

Jobbing had a good write up on various tips here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/739712/1964-ears-adel-iems/2370#post_11952543

I remember Shure e2c's using a pretty wide bore. Maybe not as wide as the 64 Audio U-series, I'm not sure. Anybody know for certain?

In all honesty, I think I may have some old e2c foam tips in a cabinet somewhere. If they would fit, I'm pretty sure they'd provide a good seal. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,531 of 9,124
Just received the tracking infos from 1964 and my U10s are gonna arrive by my door on Friday. I am so excited!!

Gonna post some impressions later on, though I actually demoed them some time before. Personally prefer them over the U12s (or A12s).

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #2,532 of 9,124
  Just received the tracking infos from 1964 and my U10s are gonna arrive by my door on Friday. I am so excited!!

Gonna post some impressions later on, though I actually demoed them some time before. Personally prefer them over the U12s (or A12s).

popcorn.gif
 congratz....
beerchug.gif

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #2,533 of 9,124
I wonder when we'll see an active ADEL iEM. I doubt it will be a custom as I'm not sure how you'd do an inflatable custom other than the primitive drawing I made some time ago in this thread. I thought I was done, looks like I'll be buying another once 64 audio releases active ADEL.. Can't wait!!

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #2,534 of 9,124
Hey guys, Can you guys provide me some sound features of A12? I am considering to get a pair but one of my friends said it might not fit for my taste since i enjoy more musical and dynamic iems. A12 has comfortable sound but it might be boring for some people
What do you guys think?

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #2,535 of 9,124
Hey guys, Can you guys provide me some sound features of A12? I am considering to get a pair but one of my friends said it might not fit for my taste since i enjoy more musical and dynamic iems. A12 has comfortable sound but it might be boring for some people
What do you guys think?

Very nice deep bass and clear mids, the highs is smooth but may lack a bit of detail for some people. It can never be boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back