1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 15, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #2,492 of 9,124

Got my tracking number too! Should be here Friday.

popcorn.gif
beerchug.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #2,495 of 9,124
Heh, I just decided, well maybe I'll just get universals instead, and saw that they have a 3+ week wait time too. :frowning2: Apparently 64audio/1964ears is super popular now :)

Oct 15, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #2,496 of 9,124
Does anyone know of a DAC/AMP (something mobile) that can connect via micro-usb to an Android smartphone, sounds good with the Adel sensitivity, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Interested in finding something on the go that's a bit clearer than the onboard Wolfson DAC on my phone. Sounds great, just very warm. 

Alternatively, any cheaper silver cables that you guys know of?

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #2,498 of 9,124
Does anyone know of a DAC/AMP (something mobile) that can connect via micro-usb to an Android smartphone, sounds good with the Adel sensitivity, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Interested in finding something on the go that's a bit clearer than the onboard Wolfson DAC on my phone. Sounds great, just very warm. 

If your phone supports the usb audio player pro app, almost anything can connect provided it is low enough power or self powered or if you are willing to use a split cable to power it up.

I have personally used the HRT microstreamer (nice but audible low level hiss with IEMs) and the meier audio pcstep step (okay DAC but limited to 44.1 / 48 khz, very good amp stage for a DAC/amp) on a Samsung galaxy s3 and a Sony Xperia Z2 with no problem.

I used to be able to use my Centrance hifi m8 with my android phone but it stopped working for android for some reason. It is also not really good for sensitive iems if you are sensitive to hiss unless you get the iem mod for another usd 100 (lowers overall gain by 6dB though).

The Geek Out 450 also works but you need an independent external power supply and its not great for iems if you are sensitive to hiss (it is overpowered for iems and only has digital attenuation).

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #2,499 of 9,124

I recommend DACPort HD. You have to use micro usb otg adapter cable for it. App I recommend Onkyo.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #2,502 of 9,124
I have never gotten tired of listening to the A12.  I have taken transcontinental flights with the A12s on for 5 hrs.  And I have also fallen asleep while listening.  I've never heard the K10 so I can't compare but I don't think I ever need to hear anything different or better than the A12s in a cIEM.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #2,503 of 9,124
I have never gotten tired of listening to the A12.  I have taken transcontinental flights with the A12s on for 5 hrs.  And I have also fallen asleep while listening.  I've never heard the K10 so I can't compare but I don't think I ever need to hear anything different or better than the A12s in a cIEM.
Hmm does it go deep inside of years? Also how did you take impressions?(opened or closed jaw?

Oct 16, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,504 of 9,124
Not sure how to answer the how far question since I never measured them but the technician read 64 Ears instructions and remarked that "around the second bend" was deeper than they usually request.  My mouth was clamped down on a piece of spongy plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back