1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Oct 12, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #2,463 of 9,124
/Beginning of rant

I can't picture how someone can let himself have so much wax that they can clog an iem UPON FIRST INSERTION. I mean, that is at least 6 month of no q-tip.

And the second thing I can't fathom (among many other things on his planet) is how someone could admit to it, be almost proud. What does it bring to the table. Could you have not just given you impressions without the wax part?

To summarize: this is gross and who cares? /end of rant
/Beginning of rant

I can't picture how someone can let himself have so much wax that they can clog an iem UPON FIRST INSERTION. I mean, that is at least 6 month of no q-tip.

And the second thing I can't fathom (among many other things on his planet) is how someone could admit to it, be almost proud. What does it bring to the table. Could you have not just given you impressions without the wax part?

To summarize: this is gross and who cares? /end of rant

I would advise against Q-Tips, instead use the peroxide solutions and a ear water sprayer thing that doesn't spray straight into the eardrum but instead diagonally. I use Auro brand cleaner, you only need to do it a few times a month. Q-tips are terrible for the ear as they push wax further into the canal, causing a clog.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #2,464 of 9,124
This is good advice - but again what is all of this about being proud about wax build up????  Nowhere in my post did I indicate, intimate, or even slightly suggest that I was proud I had wax build up in my ears.  I carefully explained the issues with my anatomy and the very tiny size of the treble/midrange ports and how just a little material in these was enough to throw off the sound.  

But while we are on the subject - why are people so squeamish about a little ear wax?  I mean if there is wax visible in your outer ear, yeah that's gross.  But having some wax on the inside of your ear is normal.  In fact it is healthy.  Ear wax protects your ears from infection, and keeps your ears moist (not itchy) and keeps out debris such as dirt and dust.  Anyone that is cleaning out all wax with solvents and excessive q-tipping is not helping their ear health.  But again - my ears are normally very clean, and the audiologist commented on the lack of wax in my ears even way down.  So please stop with these comments.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #2,466 of 9,124
  This is good advice - but again what is all of this about being proud about wax build up????  Nowhere in my post did I indicate, intimate, or even slightly suggest that I was proud I had wax build up in my ears.  I carefully explained the issues with my anatomy and the very tiny size of the treble/midrange ports and how just a little material in these was enough to throw off the sound.  

But while we are on the subject - why are people so squeamish about a little ear wax?  I mean if there is wax visible in your outer ear, yeah that's gross.  But having some wax on the inside of your ear is normal.  In fact it is healthy.  Ear wax protects your ears from infection, and keeps your ears moist (not itchy) and keeps out debris such as dirt and dust.  Anyone that is cleaning out all wax with solvents and excessive q-tipping is not helping their ear health.  But again - my ears are normally very clean, and the audiologist commented on the lack of wax in my ears even way down.  So please stop with these comments.

Last time I had to give my ears a small clean was a few years ago. Always seems to be the left one rather than the right. A few small rinses with warm water and a few ear drops and it's fine.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #2,467 of 9,124
I really sorry if I offended you...NOT. I think conversations about personal hygiene and how much honey you have in your ear don't belong here. You are pissed because someone didn't care about your little adventure? Tough deal. You have the right to say it, and I have the right to find gross. Anyways I will not post on the subject anymore.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #2,468 of 9,124
I really sorry if I offended you...NOT. I think conversations about personal hygiene and how much honey you have in your ear don't belong here. You are pissed because someone didn't care about your little adventure? Tough deal. You have the right to say it, and I have the right to find gross. Anyways I will not post on the subject anymore.

ear wax and iems go hand in hand. Insert something in your ear like an iem and more earwax is created since the ear thinks it's a foreign object so it needs to protect the ear. I've occasionally clogged up a iem with earwax in the nozzle. Use some hydrogen peroxide and it's fine. If you use iems extra care of your personal ear hygiene will work wonders.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #2,469 of 9,124
Personally I think it's a productive topic.  I can understand why some might find it tasteless and want to not read posts they find offensive (granted I don't know how to do this without reading).  Maybe the discussions could be placed under a warning banner to not peek if you don't like discussion of cerumen.  

I'd actually like to know how to best clean ear canals and IEMs.  I have found little on the latter topic. How does one clean those tiny little tubes?

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #2,470 of 9,124
Thanks AudioBear.  I thought it was worthwhile information as well.  Mimouille I wasn't pissed because "someone didn't care about your little adventure"  I was pissed because you were making judgement call about my personal hygiene - which I think is out of line.  I was sharing details about what affected the SOUND of IEMs - the subject of these boards if you missed that (despite years of posting). Wax affected the sound in a major way, and so I shared that in the event that others experienced something similar.  I was freaking out about my purchase until I figured out the issue.   Let's talk hypothetically.  What if I had pulled my IEMs out, fired them up and the sound was super muddy - and after inspection I found some dirt and dust plugging them up?   Discussing plugged IEM's would be fair game right?  Now suddenly if the material is wax - it's no longer fair game to discuss and I must keep that to myself?   Anyway it sounds like we are both going to move on, but you seem like a really nice guy and I'm sure we are going to have very productive discussions in the future.  NOT! (by the way that expression went out in the 90's I think.)

Seriously though - back to the topics and sorry for the stupid flaming back and forth everyone.  

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #2,472 of 9,124

I await my A6 on order, very excited. In browsing the 64Audio site I note the above under accessories. They are listed as "replacement" plugs. 2 questions:
1) Does that mean they come pre-installed and one only needs these if the stock ones become damaged or one seeks a different level of isolation?
2) How much impact on not only isolation level but also the sound do they make, such as diminished bass if removed, more if higher dB isolation plug used?

Thanks for any information from those who have received their U or A-series!

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,473 of 9,124

I await my A6 on order, very excited. In browsing the 64Audio site I note the above under accessories. They are listed as "replacement" plugs. 2 questions:
1) Does that mean they come pre-installed and one only needs these if the stock ones become damaged or one seeks a different level of isolation?
2) How much impact on not only isolation level but also the sound do they make, such as diminished bass if removed, more if higher dB isolation plug used?

Thanks for any information from those who have received their U or A-series!

I believe these are ambient plugs for the V series.  A or U series don't have an ambient port.  But I could be wrong.  You want to look for Adel module.  

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #2,475 of 9,124
  That's correct. Those plugs are for the A series, and their attenuated ear plugs. Not for the Adel series, unfortunately...

Thanks to both KaminKevCrew and Smurfs2010 for the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back