1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 11, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #1,756 of 9,124
oooo, U12 sounds really interesting!
I'm a bit behind, but do the normal U-series backers still get two modules (adjustable and non-adjustable)? I assume these new ones will be non-removable, but not sure about the original U-series models.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,757 of 9,124
oooo, U12 sounds really interesting!
I'm a bit behind, but do the normal U-series backers still get two modules (adjustable and non-adjustable)? I assume these new ones will be non-removable, but not sure about the original U-series models.

Original U-Series backers still get both modules. Control and Ambient backers only get the auto tune (non-adjustable) module. Even so, in my opinion they are getting a better deal, as I see U-Series being superior to Ambient and Control series. An U-12 for $500 is a steal and huge loss to 1964 in my opinion, but they are doing this to make up for the wait. You can always purchase the adjustable module anyways and I remember them saying that there would be future modules as well. For the prices Ambient series backers are paying this is a steal and well worth the wait. All of a sudden wish I would have backed the Ambient 12.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #1,758 of 9,124
  Wow Ambient 8 & 12 backers are really fortunate to get such a big upgrade. That'll probably be the cheapest price they'll ever get for those units.

Conversion Chart
Control        —>  U1 
Ambient 2    —> U2 
Ambient 4   —>  U4 
Ambient 8    —> U8 
Ambient 12  —> U12

As a U8 backer, I think this was a classy way for 1964 Ears to handle it.  It must have been incredibly frustrating to have their hands tied by Legal and be unable to give an update.  I'm a little jealous of the Ambient 12 backers right now!

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #1,759 of 9,124
I don't know about a big steal (where has it been reported that the U12 will sound better than the Ambient 12?), but I think it's fair. As an early Ambient 12 backer, I've been waiting for some news a long time in the dark. It will be interesting, however, to hear how the U12 stacks up against the Angie. Also, I've been a 1964 EARS supporter and believer from the start (I purchased two or three customs from them, and they were my first foray into customs). I have no doubt that they will do a great job with these universal U series earphones. 

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #1,762 of 9,124
Later this month is the Seattle summer head-fi meet and bimmer100 is bringing various cables from Norne Audio, including some compatible with IEMs such as 1964 Ears.

I'll be trying them out with my A12 and will report back.

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,764 of 9,124
Using my A12's with a dual 3.5mm TRS balanced cable from PlusSound Audio (Exo Series) with my PHA-3. Quite happy with this cable. Eventually I'll be getting the X series as well for a portable rig.

Thanks for for response.Did you see a big improvement using the balanced cable on you pha-3 verse using the stock cable on the units single ended output 3.5 option.

Jul 15, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #1,767 of 9,124
Thanks for for response.Did you see a big improvement using the balanced cable on you pha-3 verse using the stock cable on the units single ended output 3.5 option.

Absolutely. The PHA-3 sounds brilliant in balanced mode and the A12s compliment it very well. The PlusSound Audio cable is the only cable I've used with the PHA-3/A12 combo so I can't comment on the cable performance.

Can you guys post pics of your A12's? would be interesting to see what designs you went with, given the limited options.

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,769 of 9,124
aznpos531
Thanks for the info. The list of options and possibility is endless far more so then my wallet. I have been looking at the pha3 as a option and am looking through a list of possible cord choices. I am currently using my idsd micro at home.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,770 of 9,124
I'll have my clear a12's in 2 weeks.  I selected clear for everything, it doesn't even say adel, 1964 or a12 on mine. totally clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back