1964 Ears Adel IEMs
Jul 2, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,743 of 9,124

Hi Vitaliy, any word on when ADEL series is gonna be available for the masses? I've been told 30th June, but it has come and gone...

Hello. We're getting very close. There have been some unforeseen delays, but we're excited to make the announcement soon:)

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Jul 2, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,744 of 9,124
I am very eager to try the A12 Adel, but I like my bass, does the A12 have good bass or do I have to choose the V8 and if so does the V8 come in the Adel version. I would love to try a universal version before committing to a 2K$ set.

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #1,745 of 9,124
I am very eager to try the A12 Adel, but I like my bass, does the A12 have good bass or do I have to choose the V8 and if so does the V8 come in the Adel version. I would love to try a universal version before committing to a 2K$ set.

A12 has great bass. Not excessive but it manages to achieve a nice balance that the mids is clear and detailed with slightly smooth & slightly sparkly treble.

If you want more bass but at the expense of a warmer/bloated mids and tamed highs then V8 would be a better choice.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,746 of 9,124
Just want to share my experience. I ordered A12 2 days ago. I must say, it was a very easy choice to make. Compared A12 to Layla, UE18, A6 and one of Heir models. All the models, except for UE, sounded somewhat muffled by comparison. The UE had the same detail and clarity, but had very week bass. I had really high expectation of Layla, but the universal model is huge and was really difficult to properly fit into my ears. Maybe, that was the problem. The only regret I have, the shop did not have Noble K10, which in my view is the only real contender to A12. Another disappointment - very limited design choices on the 1964 site. After looking at all those beautiful pictures of K10, the design options for A12 are just so plain:) Anyway, in 5 weeks I should get my A12 and hopefully won't be disappointed:)

Jul 4, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,748 of 9,124
Just want to share my experience. I ordered A12 2 days ago. I must say, it was a very easy choice to make. Compared A12 to Layla, UE18, A6 and one of Heir models. All the models, except for UE, sounded somewhat muffled by comparison. The UE had the same detail and clarity, but had very week bass. I had really high expectation of Layla, but the universal model is huge and was really difficult to properly fit into my ears. Maybe, that was the problem. The only regret I have, the shop did not have Noble K10, which in my view is the only real contender to A12. Another disappointment - very limited design choices on the 1964 site. After looking at all those beautiful pictures of K10, the design options for A12 are just so plain:) Anyway, in 5 weeks I should get my A12 and hopefully won't be disappointed:)

How have you managed to order yours, unless your were a backer as there is nothing on 1964's site yet. 1964 replied to me in saying that they are in the process of redesigning their design page and I have also requested that they add a flip function to custom art for the faceplate. I would love if they did the whole body in wood.

I find it hard to move away from the K10 as I was looking at these too, but the Adel feature is a big deal for me with the potential hearing loss that CIEM generate in the long term.

Jul 4, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,749 of 9,124
How have you managed to order yours, unless your were a backer as there is nothing on 1964's site yet. 1964 replied to me in saying that they are in the process of redesigning their design page and I have also requested that they add a flip function to custom art for the faceplate. I would love if they did the whole body in wood.

I find it hard to move away from the K10 as I was looking at these too, but the Adel feature is a big deal for me with the potential hearing loss that CIEM generate in the long term.

Well, I ordered them through a shop in Moscow called Doctorhead, not directly. They must have some special arrangements with 1964 Ears. Not surprising, given the fact the company is owned and run by Russians:)

Jul 4, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #1,750 of 9,124
Well, I ordered them through a shop in Moscow called Doctorhead, not directly. They must have some special arrangements with 1964 Ears. Not surprising, given the fact the company is owned and run by Russians:)

Ahh, I see. It's the same for in the UK, but what I don't get is how people are able to order from other companies the main website you can't.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #1,751 of 9,124
Dears 1964ears,

I am close to buying some way too expensive In-Ears and just wanted to ask for availability of the A12. I am from Berlin, Germany and usually 1964ears partners with this local store here: http://www.inearmonitoring-in-berlin.de or you might know them as Hörakustik Schmutzler. When I asked for the A12 they said that they haven't heard from you a while and can't get demo units or any reliable commitments concerning the A12. Any words on when they will get the demos from you and when I can buy those perfect CIEMs here?

Thank you :)
Andreas

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #1,752 of 9,124
  Dears 1964ears,

I am close to buying some way too expensive In-Ears and just wanted to ask for availability of the A12. I am from Berlin, Germany and usually 1964ears partners with this local store here: http://www.inearmonitoring-in-berlin.de or you might know them as Hörakustik Schmutzler. When I asked for the A12 they said that they haven't heard from you a while and can't get demo units or any reliable commitments concerning the A12. Any words on when they will get the demos from you and when I can buy those perfect CIEMs here?

Thank you :)
Andreas

If you really want to contact them, email them.  The forum isn't the best way.

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #1,754 of 9,124
If you're a Kickstarter backer, we have an update as to what happened to the Ambient and Control IEMs. Long story short, it sounds like a certain lawsuit has seriously impeded progress, so they're offering an equivalent U-series product instead. No word if we can choose to wait for our original rewards should we not want the alternative.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #1,755 of 9,124
Wow Ambient 8 & 12 backers are really fortunate to get such a big upgrade. That'll probably be the cheapest price they'll ever get for those units.

Conversion Chart
Control        —>  U1 
Ambient 2    —> U2 
Ambient 4   —>  U4 
Ambient 8    —> U8 
Ambient 12  —> U12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back