$174 NEW Beyerdynamic DT 880 on Amazon.com
Aug 24, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 39
VERY Solid price. WOW! Bought mine for $190 second hand just a few days ago. Mine were the '03 version though so I have no regrets.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 39
That's a hell of a good deal. I picked up the 2003 model on closeout a couple years back for $150, and it has been worth every cent. If anyone is on the fence about the DT880, this is the deal to get.

Is anyone else wondering if Beyerdynamic might be closing these out? Will there be a 2008 DT880? Will there be a new model?

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #4 of 39
That's a very nice price indeed. I've got the original DT880 and have always enjoyed them, yet wondered how they might compare to the newer version, yet don't know if I wonder enough to really - care - type of wonder.

Hmmm... maybe I should get a pair just for the fun of making the old/new DT880 comparisons and then sell them for $150 or so in another month.

I would, but the problem is I have no discipline when it comes to selling headphones. I just can't do it! I'd end up keeping them and not making much use of them after my initial comparisons, and thus would have (essentially) wasted the money I paid for them - to sit forever on one of the coat racks and gather dust.

Urgh! But I'm tempted anyway. I've got the later version of the DT990 and like them a lot... could make some comparisons there too... crazy hobby!!!

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very nice price indeed. I've got the original DT880 and have always enjoyed them, yet wondered how they might compare to the newer version, yet don't know if I wonder enough to really - care - type of wonder.

Hmmm... maybe I should get a pair just for the fun of making the old/new DT880 comparisons and then sell them for $150 or so in another month.

I would, but the problem is I have no discipline when it comes to selling headphones. I just can't do it! I'd end up keeping them and not making much use of them after my initial comparisons, and thus would have (essentially) wasted the money I paid for them - to sit forever on one of the coat racks and gather dust.

Urgh! But I'm tempted anyway. I've got the later version of the DT990 and like them a lot... could make some comparisons there too... crazy hobby!!!

Just do it! When you sell I am the buyer
dt880smile.png

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 39
That's a very good deal indeed. Thank you for the link and information.

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #10 of 39
Now I hope they bring the 770 down a couple bucks so I can finally take the plunge

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmacfan4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they absolutely need an amp to drive them?

it definitely helps. high impedance.

Aug 24, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #12 of 39
They don't ship it to Russia!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back