$174 NEW Beyerdynamic DT 880 on Amazon.com
Sep 1, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #31 of 39
Oh wicked, now I feel special for being on the end of the head-fi wave that decimated that sale price.
beerchug.gif

Sorry for anyone else who was on the fence however,
redface.gif

Waking up to find something 40 dollars more than it was last night can not be fun when you were just taking time to think about the purchase.

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #35 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuato /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those complaining that they don't ship internationally, do you know of the "Electronics Available for International Shipping" section at Amazon?

Amazon.com: Electronics Available for International Shipping

yes we do, and we also know of the outrageous customs taxes that we need to pay for those.

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #37 of 39
I think the best way to buy a pair of headphones you are set on is to stay away from Head Fi and the internet all together because you are BOUND to find some great deal like this and have a hard time deciding.

Well, help me out here...
I was going to buy my Senn 595s today but there was a paycheck problem at work so I couldn't get them and now I saw this...Now I can't decide!
I've never heard Beyers, but I have heard Sennheiser. I like the Sennheiser sound, but I don't really have anything to compare it to since this will be my first pair of REAL headphones (see sig for current pair).
What is a good amp, sub $200 that would work good for those Beyers? Will those Beyers even sound remotely decent straight from sources like an iPod video, a laptop, a computer, etc?

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #38 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quake120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will those Beyers even sound remotely decent straight from sources like an iPod video, a laptop, a computer, etc?

Yes. I've driven them from my laptop's crudjack and enjoyed them very much. It's not ideal of course..
The dt880's weren't mines, but I used to steal them from my brother when I went home for the summers. It sounded wonderful from the mini3 I built him.

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #39 of 39
Are the Beyers so much better (than a 595 I mean) that even a novice like myself would immediately be able to tell or is it subtly different like in the very high and very lows?
k, coming from Triports, I should be blown away by both, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back