13 years old, Now trying to find an amp! Headphones have been found!
Nov 4, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #258 of 392
Well, if the parents aren't paranoid about giving the adress, but about the payment issue.....

..since  markmaxx has to have very much faith in the human race (with that kindness and generosity, how could you not), send the HD650 to KuKuBuKu, after he has them, let him do the payment.
tongue_smile.gif

I can't imagine him not paying for it afterwards. (for what it's worth, you have the adress even if..lol)

The parents can't argue with that, since it's not about giving the adress, but the payment.

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #259 of 392
if you get the 650's KuKu, which I sincerely hope for you, I hope you can amp them sufficiently.... (maybe someone has written about that, I didn't read the full 18 pages
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #260 of 392
Quote:
Guys, my dad says no and so does my mom. They aren't paranoid about giving an adress, they just say that if a problem arises, I can't do anything about it, unlike Amazon. Let's say he does scam me or something (which I doubt, seeing how long hes been on head-fi) and does not ship the item after I sent the payment. What would I do?

File a paypal dispute (within 45 days I think) and try to contact him. Then if it you can't come to a resolution open up a claim and Paypal will review it. I've had a couple of people try to scam me but Paypal protection kicked in and I ended up either finally getting the item or a full refund. Also contact the mods here on Head-Fi and they can help you try to reach a resolution. 

I could see how they would be skeptical not knowing the community here on HF. "Some guy on the internet offered me some $350 headphones for $50. Can I get them?"

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #261 of 392

Quote:
if you get the 650's KuKu, which I sincerely hope for you, I hope you can amp them sufficiently.... (maybe someone has written about that, I didn't read the full 18 pages
wink.gif

Yes, this issue has been discussed. The OP would plug the phones into a stereo amplifier/receiver. He has a budget of $200.00 to buy headphones. If he does buy the HD650's for just $50.00, he could put the remainder of his budget towards purchasing a headphone amplifier to power them better. 

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #262 of 392

Yes, this issue has been discussed. The OP would plug the phones into a stereo amplifier/receiver. He has a budget of $200.00 to buy headphones. If he does buy the HD650's for just $50.00, he could put the remainder of his budget towards purchasing a headphone amplifier to power them better. 

KuKuBuKu I am fine with that PM. Me your address. Forget the $50.00 and just do somethingnice for someone else deal?

Nov 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #263 of 392
Yee-ha! Very nice Mark, fantastic that people with such deeds actually still exist. Congrats, your 'karma' is going to rise big time
redface.gif

Kuku, please let us know about them when you got them and have listened.

Great story this is! 13 year old posts on head-fi and gets HD650, whoohoweewa!

Nov 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #264 of 392

Quote:
Guys, my dad says no and so does my mom. They aren't paranoid about giving an adress, they just say that if a problem arises, I can't do anything about it, unlike Amazon. Let's say he does scam me or something (which I doubt, seeing how long hes been on head-fi) and does not ship the item after I sent the payment. What would I do?

With Paypal you can take action and you can get your money back. This is why it is used so commonly. FWIR the very unlucky FEW (maybe 4 cases I've seen) who get ripped off, get their money back from Paypal. 
I got my parents to trust this site when a the seller/member on here was so kind as to talk to my mom over the phone to verify he was a real human being and all. Good luck though.

Nov 4, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #265 of 392
Ok, my parents are really buys. Actually, my dad is busy and I'm far too afraid to ask my mom (very strict).
I'll get back to you mark either later tonight or tomorrow.
Free is far too generous. I'll still pay 50 dollars. Still, that's incredibly generous, God bless you man.

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #267 of 392

Quote:
With Paypal you can take action and you can get your money back. This is why it is used so commonly. FWIR the very unlucky FEW (maybe 4 cases I've seen) who get ripped off, get their money back from Paypal. 
I got my parents to trust this site when a the seller/member on here was so kind as to talk to my mom over the phone to verify he was a real human being and all. Good luck though.

Being called a human being is the best compliment I've gotten in quite some time.
smily_headphones1.gif

It was a pleasure dealing with both you and your mother. @ OP, congrats and good luck.

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #270 of 392
I would jump on that deal in a heartbeat at $50. This is quite the deal you are getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back