13 years old, Now trying to find an amp! Headphones have been found!
Oct 31, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #197 of 392

Quote:
Back on track...I think I'm gonna go with Sennies. I like laid back sound.

On a slightly related note, my violin teacher connects his iPod (LOADED with classical music) to his receiver to his BOSE SOUND SYSTEM. I think I'll get him a set of Superlux phones or something like that.

BOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ur going to have to quit, theres no way around it. :p

Oct 31, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #198 of 392
i'm 14 and last year when i was thirteen i got the alessandro ms1. it didn't seem too much better int he beginning compared to my steelseries 3h "gaming" headset, but when i went back i could barely bare the sound 
i tried some ath-m50 earlier and i really didn't like them as much as i think everyone else did. very boring headphone, maybe i'm just too used to ms1 but i think ms1 is a great headphone, although uncomfortable espeicially in the first few day/weeks of use

Oct 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #199 of 392

Quote:
It was a joke. I hope you knew that, anyways what Sennheiser's are you going to get?

Yeah I know

Quote:
They are $1,400, silly kid. I think I saw a pair on the FS forum for $1,100. 

There are places that sell for $1500.

I think I'll get HD580, maybe the 600 and 650 if I find a great deal.
Otherwise I'll get the HD555/8 or HD595/8
Then it'll be one of the AKG's

Oct 31, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #200 of 392
I just removed several posts discussing music piracy.

We do not discuss illegal activity at Head-Fi. Further, I will *not* entertain discussions that piracy is somehow morally acceptable or in a legal gray area.

Any and all discussions of piracy will be removed.

Oct 31, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #201 of 392

Quote:

We do not discuss illegal activity at Head-Fi. Further, I will *not* entertain discussions that piracy is somehow morally acceptable or in a legal gray area.

I figured you would, and I'm glad you did:)

Oct 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #202 of 392

Quote:

Yeah, figures.

Thanks for all the feedback, again, guys.

Nov 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #206 of 392
KuKuBuKu, I haven't been following this thread very closely so I don't know which pair of Senns you've settled on, if any. I recall you didn't want sound isolation? Why not?

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #207 of 392

Quote:
I think I'll get HD580, maybe the 600 and 650 if I find a great deal. Otherwise I'll get the HD555/8 or HD595/8
Then it'll be one of the AKG's

I would still go for some Ultrasone Pro 750 or 2500 if I were you:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/343241/ultrasone-proline-750-vs-sennheiser-hd600-a-comparative-review

They are much closer to your price range than the Senn hd600 or 650, and you certainly won't be disappointed.
Besides, I'm sure that if you go for the HD555/8 or HD595/8, you will soon be craving the hd600 or 650.

I would also not waste your money on the AKG, unless you can get them for real cheap, since they will be a pain in the rear to drive and will require an $$$ amp. Also, I don't see the merit in spending money on a heaphone that you will only use for classical music. My Pro 750 do classical, jazz and similar type music quite well, especially when driven properly (but they aren't difficult to drive). Grados/Alessandros will sound more intriguing with anything that has guitar, however.  

I don't think buying a soundcard is that great of an idea either. An economical external amp/dac, such as the Audinst HUD-MX1 or Audio-gd Sparrow, will make your headphones sound a lot better and will be a better use of your money.

Nov 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #208 of 392

Quote:
KuKuBuKu, I haven't been following this thread very closely so I don't know which pair of Senns you've settled on, if any. I recall you didn't want sound isolation? Why not?

I've never tried anything open. So I really want to try that. I already use closed back headphones.

Quote:

I would still go for some Ultrasone Pro 750 or 2500 if I were you:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/343241/ultrasone-proline-750-vs-sennheiser-hd600-a-comparative-review

They are much closer to your price range than the Senn hd600 or 650, and you certainly won't be disappointed.
Besides, I'm sure that if you go for the HD555/8 or HD595/8, you will soon be craving the hd600 or 650.

I would also not waste your money on the AKG, unless you can get them for real cheap, since they will be a pain in the rear to drive and will require an $$$ amp. Also, I don't see the merit in spending money on a heaphone that you will only use for classical music. My Pro 750 do classical, jazz and similar type music quite well, especially when driven properly (but they aren't difficult to drive). Grados/Alessandros will sound more intriguing with anything that has guitar, however.  

I don't think buying a soundcard is that great of an idea either. An economical external amp/dac, such as the Audinst HUD-MX1 or Audio-gd Sparrow, will make your headphones sound a lot better and will be a better use of your money.

I was very tempted to get a set of Ultrasones! But again, not what I am looking for, I'm looking for open headphones. Also that review was between ProLINE, not Pro series of headphones.

I had no plans to get a soundcard, I'm not using the PC anymore, I'm using a CD player.

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #209 of 392

Quote:
I've never tried anything open. So I really want to try that. I already use closed back headphones.

I was very tempted to get a set of Ultrasones! But again, not what I am looking for, I'm looking for open headphones. Also that review was between ProLINE, not Pro series of headphones.

I had no plans to get a soundcard, I'm not using the PC anymore, I'm using a CD player.

If you read the first few posts folowing the initial one you will notice that the review was, in fact, about Pro750. Also, Pro 2500 = open Pro 750. Likewise, Pro 750 exhibit more open characteristics than Grados, imo. 

Nov 1, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #210 of 392

Quote:
If I can, I think I'll go for Sennheiser HD580s, and mod them. Unless, of course, I find an HD600 cheaper of course. I'm kinda split on getting Grados.

I don't see why not. I just don't wanna get a sound card. And I really want a taste of quality CD's.

I was elaborating on this post. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back