(12/03 Updated) Introducing the world's first LEAR patented -NS(NatroSound) earphone technology!
Jan 24, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #271 of 287
  Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the incoming new cable 'NSC-03 ' that release the full potential of your NS-U1!

946478_560158984155190_6437609466172300813_n.jpg
 ​
The cables will feature 3 controls which gives more flexibility to the capability of the earphones.
1. The NS On/Off Switch;
2. Main channel sound tuning from balanced to a bass booster tuning;
3. NS Effect adjust switch for the width of NS effect, resulting a narrower/wider left and right channel;

Now, everyone can have their own tuning and NS style with the NSC-03.

If nothing goes wrong, it will be available before the end of January~

SRP HKD$598 (Special offer for all current U1 users HKD$450)

How is the progress with the NSC-03 cable?  Can we expect them to be available soon?  Also, can you share any new information on the custom fit eartips for the NS-U1s?  Thanks.

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #273 of 287
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
NSC-03 custom tunable upgrade cable for NS-U1 is now available!
Order yours today via :http://www.lear-eshop.com/products/lear-nsc-03-free-adjustable-upgrade-cable-for-ns-u1?&locale=en

Feb 6, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #274 of 287
Tatco Ma,

Can you please post here the information on the NS2?  I have received the information thru the Facebook link for the U1, but I am having difficulty understanding through Google translation.  It looks like there are a couple of options for the NS2, and an upgrade plan for those who have the U1?  Any information you can provide will be appreciated.  Thanks.  Oh, also, can you provide any updates on the custom fit eartips for the people who already own the U1s?  Thanks.

Feb 16, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #275 of 287
Well, I have the new cable for the NS-U1s in the mail; it was sent out on 2/6/16 and  seems to have been caught up in the Chinese New Year slow down....  Hopefully, I'll receive it soon...but don't expect much for at least another week...

Feb 20, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #276 of 287
The LUF/LCM-NS2 Trade-In Program for current NS-U1 Users!!!

Besides the latest adjustable cable NSC-03 for NatroSound™ series, here comes the LUF/LCM-NS2 Trade-In Program for current NS-U1 Users!!!

NS-U1 users can trade-in to a pair of LUF/LCM NS2 in effect today.
NS-U1 trade-in price is set at HKD$1,000, that users can get a pair of LUF/LCM NS2 with the difference in price.

The order takes around 21-31 days, which users can trade-in their NS-U1 until the LUF/LCM NS2 becomes available.

Please note that trade-in customers will not be given a new LEAR PC-1 earphones case, but are advised to use the one that came with the NS-U1.

Introduction of the LUF/LCM-NS2:

The LUF-NS2 (Universal fits) was designed for our distinguished customers whom the NS-U1 does not fit, or those who would experience a better sound quality than the U1.
In a patented outlook and exterior that better fits human ears, it has a size smaller than the U1, but a more comfortable sense.
On the basis of the NS-U1, LUF-NS2 enhanced its mid and high frequency, with a more detailed and prominent sound, which would be enhanced with the NS effect that gives a more balanced, natural, and realistic sound.
We have gathered opinions on the U1’s muffled sound, which we have enhanced on the NS2.

The LCM version shares all the characters of the LUF-NS1, alongside with customer tailored balancing and fitting for each’s own pair of ears.

We suggest those who struggles putting on the U1 to trade-in for the LUF-NS2, or even the LCM-NS2 for a full enhancement experience.

Both of them supports the NSC-03 tuning cable, which gives you more control of the whole audio experience.

The Price of LUF-NS2 is HKD$2699(with NSC-01 cable) and HKD$2999 (with both NSC-01 and NSC-03)
The Price of LCM-NS2 is HKD$3699(with NSC-01 cable) and HKD$3999 (with both NSC-01 and NSC-03)

Thank you for all you support and we hope that you all would feel happy and satisfy with such a trade in program!

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #277 of 287
  Besides the latest adjustable cable NSC-03 for NatroSound™ series, here comes the LUF/LCM-NS2 Trade-In Program for current NS-U1 Users!!!

NS-U1 users can trade-in to a pair of LUF/LCM NS2 in effect today.
NS-U1 trade-in price is set at HKD$1,000, that users can get a pair of LUF/LCM NS2 with the difference in price.

The order takes around 21-31 days, which users can trade-in their NS-U1 until the LUF/LCM NS2 becomes available.

Please note that trade-in customers will not be given a new LEAR PC-1 earphones case, but are advised to use the one that came with the NS-U1.

Interesting. Can you please explain how the trade-in procedure works?

Mar 1, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #279 of 287
I've had the NSC-03 cable now for about 2 weeks, and it is a very nice addition to the NS-U1s.  It's almost like having an extra equalizer for your DAP.  I do feel the combination of the NSC-03 with the NS-U1s allows one to get more out of the NS-U1s, compared to the stock cable.  I don't think I'll be pursuing the "upgrade" from the NS-U1s to either of the NS2 models, though.  I really love the sound I get from the NS-U1s, especially with the addition of the NSC-03 cable, and I don't want to risk losing what I already have....  I can't help but believe I got a fantastic bargain from Tatco Ma and LEAR by being an early backer of their NS-U1 project.  Thanks again, Tatco, for a fantastic product.

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #280 of 287
I received my Lear ns-u1s.
Just a few questions:
Are they really hard to power or is it just my pair? I have a Fiio X5 gen 2 and need to crank it to get a decent listening level, I plugged in mt Fiio E12 amp same thing. Any ideas.
Also, are there any complaints about the cable, Mine is VERY stiff and makes insertion difficult.
The button to switch modes is too close to my chin and after working hard to get a good fit, I have to take out the iems to work the switch.
I welcome any help available. Thank you

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #281 of 287
  I received my Lear ns-u1s.
Just a few questions:
Are they really hard to power or is it just my pair? I have a Fiio X5 gen 2 and need to crank it to get a decent listening level, I plugged in mt Fiio E12 amp same thing. Any ideas.
Also, are there any complaints about the cable, Mine is VERY stiff and makes insertion difficult.
The button to switch modes is too close to my chin and after working hard to get a good fit, I have to take out the iems to work the switch.
I welcome any help available. Thank you

As the dynamic drivers are always lower sensitivity than the Balanced Armatures,
It would need more power for decent volume if compared with earphones which using BA drivers.

Please feel free to send us an email to info@lear-audio.hk if anything we can help.

Thanks for your support to our products!

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:01 AM Post #282 of 287
The 2016 ver. LEAR NatroSound™ NS-U1!(As well as discontinued production of the gold and silver black editions)

​
 ​
 ​
After months of evaluating customer feedbacks, we have improved the latest NS-U1 on the following:
1- Gradient colouring of metallic black to blue/grey instead of the dual colour electroplating, for a more elegance look.
2- New canal design for a better tone and sound quality and improved fitting .
3- Better workmanship on earphones resulting in a more durable earphones.
4- Plug of NSC-01 3.5mm plug has been improved with better insulation, which would prevent it from short circuit or connectivity issues on certain Smart Phones.

Experience the NatroSound™ now:

​
The newer U1 has a 6mm dynamic driver equivalent to the LUF-NS2, which results in a similar sound to it under the NS off. The U1 has a warmer and brighter sound, whilst the NS-2 has a more natural and detailed sound. It is without doubt that the LUF series has smaller and lighter size and shape compared with NS-U1, which fits better for users with smaller ears.
The above are for reference, which users are suggested to purchase with their own preference.

Disclaimer :

We are deeply sorry regarding the first batch of NS-U1 (Blue, Grey & Black) having minor finishing problems which occurred on the right side of the shell.
Even thought it will not influence or it has nothing related to the overall quality but the unperfected finishing, we have decided to offer customers who do not mind purchasing this batch of earphones a NSC-03 cable alongside with the earphones at the price of HKD$1,688.

*This one time offer will end as soon as the fixed batch is ready.

Order your NS-U1 today: http://goo.gl/6eNHhh
Or through our partners :http://goo.gl/T1lucg

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #283 of 287
Has anyone who bought the original NS-U1s "upgraded" to either of the new NS2 versions (either universal fit or custom fit), and if so, can you compare the sound difference compared to the NS-U1?  Thanks.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #284 of 287

Interesting. Can you please explain how the trade-in procedure works?

@james444 did you pursue the trade-in option and if so, can you tell me how things worked, I mean the NS-U1 vs whichever version you traded up for?  I'm wavering here, I really like the NS-U1, but I just wonder if the fit and sound quality of the NS2 universal fit might be more to my liking...  Thanks.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #285 of 287

So after having gotten my hands on the revised version of the NS-U1 (sound has been tweaked; the new version can be recognised by the new colour scheme (blue or grey instead of chrome)) one and a half weeks ago, I'd like to share some impressions with y'all.
Let me start off with my experience with the NSC-01 cable (stock NatroSound cable): Listening to to the IEMs with disabled NS, mids and highs are pretty balanced (with a moderate preference of the upper mids) and there is no unnecessary bloom in the fundamental area. The bass emphasis starts pretty low and forms its climax considerably lower than most other in-ears (NS-U1: ~ 80 Hz), wherefore the bass doesn't bleed into the lower mids at all but really just concentrates on the midbass and sub-bass. As a result, there is also no thickness in the fundamental range and upper bass (at around 100 Hz) is not overly firm. The implementation of the bass emphasis is really nicely done and the lows are also relatively nimble, quick and arid for dynamic drivers. Imaging is also quite nice and the NS-U1 would already have been a nice single dynamic driver in-ear without the NatroSound crossfeed implementation.
Speaking of NatroSound: switching NS to "ON", tonality changes audibly: gone is the fundamental-bleed-free midrange - overall bass gains quantity, but also the fundamental range along with the lower mids sound noticeably thicker, resulting in warm, coloured mids. Hrrrrrr grrrrrr... As for the added fundamental bloom, it also makes the sound appear muddier and less refined (I'll get to the soundstage with enabled NS in a few lines when I write about the NSC-03 cable). Nope, I am not much convinced about the tonality shift with engaged NatroSound when using the standard cable. Without NatroSound (stock cable), the mids are fairly balanced and clean, without any fundamental bloom at all. With NS, they become overly dark (clearly to the extent that I'd consider them being obviously coloured). Maybe suitable for those who love very warm mids, but not for those who prefer a balanced midrange presentation. With the stock NSC-01 cable, I personally only like the NS-U1 with disabled NatroSound (because of the overly warm midrange with engaged NS).

But there was that upgrade cable called NSC-03 I mentioned, right? Let's look at that one: we have a bass dial, an NS dial as well as an NS switch. With disabled NatroSound, not much surprising, the second NatroSound driver is not engaged, so the NS dial won't show any effect - but the bass dial does, and how it does! Pretty cool, NS-U1's sound can be modified from being bass-light and clearly mid-centric to being quite bassy (bass level is similar to NSC-01's level with disabled NatroSound but moderately more warmth in the root).
Now turning NatroSound on with the NSC-03 cable, I am really glad that Tatco invented it: with engaged NS, the fundamental range and lower mids also gain some more warmth, but as we have both a bass and an NS dial, the amount of warmth can be perfectly adjusted to one's personal preference. And as the fundamental bloom can be tamed down and even eliminated with the right configuration of the NSC-03 cable, the level of details also doesn't decrease as much as when using NS with the NSC-01 cable.
And now some words about NatroSound (since I can finally appreciate it because of the NSC-03): first off, I was never the person who was the biggest crossfeed fan and also don't find it necessary for me. LEAR's NatroSound also doesn't entirely change that (i.e. you won't find me running down the street completely naked with nothing but a DAP plus these in-ears and telling everybody I see how NatroSound changed my life and the way I listen to music), but there is one extremely pleasant thing I noticed about NS (more about that in a second). So what does NS do apart from adding warmth to the sound and extracting some of the left channel's information into the right one and vice versa? What I am hearing is that the presentation of vocals becomes more intimate, but also that the forward projection is increased (as a side-effect, the width isn't perceived as much as before anymore). Really nice enhancement of forward projection (NS shows some forward projection similarities to ifi Audio's crossfeed however ifi Audio's is more precise but doesn't improve the "rear projection" (more intimate vocals) as the NS-U1 does). That is kind of nice on itself, but what I have also noticed in addition is that with enabled NatroSound, it seems like my brain faces less fatigue as it has less work to do - apparently it seems like the spatial information it needs to process with NS are similar to when hearing my regular surroundings. Yep, I am definitely noticing that my brain is less active and therefore less exhausted after really long listening sessions compared to disabled NatroSound or when listening with other headphones. It's not that I really noticed at all that my brain is exhausted or so when listening to music with "normal" in-ears and headphones, but with engaged NatroSound, I notice less fatigue (your mileage may vary).

Some very brief comments vs the LHF-AE1d: the LHF-AE1d is an exceptional single dynamic driver in-ear at around $200: very natural, authentic and realistically sounding, really good midrange plus treble details as well as good and natural imaging; its only sort of flaw is the somewhat slow bass. NS-U1 doesn't full reach AE-1d's levels of midrange/treble resolution and naturalness, but convinces with a really solid performance on its own, sporting a quick and pretty arid bass response (for a dynamic driver), good sense of space and an overall still good level of details and naturalness that is somewhat better than some single dynamic driver competitors at the same price point.

Full review by me to be followed eventually by the end of this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back