1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 22, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #257 of 838
Just a quick question, is there a way to disable EQ on the RoCoo P? I am looking at the EQ settings, and it appears there is no "Off" settingor is "Nature" the flat/default setting?

Thanks!

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #258 of 838
Solid can you give some impressions on how the Rocoo sounds, even if they are just early impressions? Would you have any history with T51, Hifiman 601? Would like to know the nuances of the DAP.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #259 of 838
what is the correct procedure to charge the player?

sometimes when i connect it the charger, the player just won't charge. i need to unplug the charger from wall socket and connect it again to get the player to respond to the charger

weird
confused.gif

@lee730: IMO, this thing beats the technicality and fun factor of t51. this player is just the cleaner sounding, with much more better bass. the mid is a little recessed, though *i don't know whether it's the player or my mind has been accustomed with forward-mid flavor*

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #260 of 838

Quote:
Just a quick question, is there a way to disable EQ on the RoCoo P? I am looking at the EQ settings, and it appears there is no "Off" settingor is "Nature" the flat/default setting?

Thanks!

Yes, nature is what I would consider the default. I think they meant "natural". What did you think of the other settings? Myself, I found the "jazz" setting ok but "rock " was almost unlistenable. Nature is the setting for me; just so lush and smooth and powerful. It's still early and I haven't had much time using it yet but I'm really liking it.

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #262 of 838

Quote:
Solid can you give some impressions on how the Rocoo sounds, even if they are just early impressions? Would you have any history with T51, Hifiman 601? Would like to know the nuances of the DAP.

Well, I have not heard the HiFiMan 601 or the T51, but I was on the fence on purchasing either of those players when my Cowon S9 had a broken power button. After I fixed that though, I no longer considered purchasing either players because I was content with the Cowon S9 + JH16 combo. I purchased this player because of the auction and because it looked promising--I did not expect to be blown away. Needless to say, the RoCoo P sounds much better than my Cowon S9. The first thing that strikes you is that there is simply no sign that the IEM is "hungry" for more power. The JH16's have 16 drivers, so it is a power hungry IEM (although very sensitive, it requires good amplification to sound its best). Certain tracks that were bass heavy produced a specific rumble that I did not hear from my Cowon S9. This must be due to the fact that there is a Class A amp inside the player (there is, right? not 100% sure on this).

Secondly, vocals are produced very accurately in my opinion. Frequencies do not mask each other. The stereo separation is extremely well done, L/R balance is among the best I have heard from a portable DAP. The one thing I like the best so far is the midrange. I saw that i_djoel2000 felt that the midrange is a little recessed. I am actually in love with the midrange of this player. It's very clean, accurate, and not overdone. It is a tad bit bright, but I like my midrange with some brightness. Soundstage is very wide. Instrument separation is much better than my Cowon S9. Instrument separation is extremely clean and does not sound "mushy" or cramped at all when there are multiple instruments in the music.

A few words I would use to describe the sound of this player right now: pristine clarity, powerful, natural vocals, very musical sound yet analytic enough to retain subtle details.

Quote:
Yes, nature is what I would consider the default. I think they meant "natural". What did you think of the other settings? Myself, I found the "jazz" setting ok but "rock " was almost unlistenable. Nature is the setting for me; just so lush and smooth and powerful. It's still early and I haven't had much time using it yet but I'm really liking it.

I too think it is supposed to say "Natural". I heard the Jazz EQ and it does sound good to me, classical sounds pretty good as well, but I prefer Natural over all the others. I really love the sound this player produces.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:47 AM Post #264 of 838
i should think the staffs have problem recognising which is which once they are tossed together during the auction frenzy..
i lost no time sticking a red label on my roocoo. i will never say this roocoo is cheap as in CHEAPsounding, its a very clear agile dap.

from my distant memory, i think the 601 sounded warmer, slower (vs this roocooP)...
i never got to like it, given its size and aneamic batterylife.

i didnt noticed any significant recessedmids...
i love this darn tiny dap, at a $teal.

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #265 of 838
I'm looking forward to hearing the studio V (85 hours of nuclear power battery life :wink:. Would the Studio have the same presets as the Rocoo P? Also is there anyway that a User EQ could be worked into the firmware to give more versatility overall?

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #266 of 838
I agree that the Hifman 601/602 are definitely warmer than the hisoundaudio DAPs (Rocoo-b, AMP3, Studio-I).  However, from memory the former sounded bigger and are good matches with analytical cans/iems due to the warm sound.  Also, when I owned the AMP3 and Studio-I, I only got about half the battery life, but this is due to the fact that my source files are all FLAC and I had to increase the volume for certain less efficient cans/iems.  So, if you didn't know, volume level as well as source files (size and encoding) will greatly impact battery life.

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #267 of 838

Quote:
I agree that the Hifman 601/602 are definitely warmer than the hisoundaudio DAPs (Rocoo-b, AMP3, Studio-I).  However, from memory the former sounded bigger and are good matches with analytical cans/iems due to the warm sound.  Also, when I owned the AMP3 and Studio-I, I only got about half the battery life, but this is due to the fact that my source files are all FLAC and I had to increase the volume for certain less efficient cans/iems.  So, if you didn't know, volume level as well as source files (size and encoding) will greatly impact battery life.

I kinda figured battery life would be affected by this. Then again I'd be happy with 30+ hours of battery life in all honesty. My hifman barely last 5 hours with the kinda usage I put it through lol. Also regarding the synergy issue with certain cans; I think my FX700s and TF10s should pair nicely with the Studio V although they also pair quite nicely with the 601. Depending on how things go I may just end up selling my 601 (which would be good for my pockets lol).

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #268 of 838

Quote:
HI, Wormsdriver,

Sorry for the delay tracking number, for it was 2 days delayed. The goods was brought to HONGKONG From China mainlandby the DHL agency than get the tracking number.

I have PM you the Tracking number, that means the goods is on the plane to you

tracking number received, and being tracked vigorously
evil_smiley.gif
...thanks Jack

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #269 of 838
i saw the specs of roocooP...."
[size=12pt]Battery continually playing time: > 10hours[/size] [size=12pt]([/size] [size=12pt]volume set at 3 degree[/size][size=12pt])[/size]​

wat does that 3 degree mean??

how many hours u guys getting...?

Dec 23, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #270 of 838
How I understood it with other hisound daps, it's volume number 3 out X.  Jack should chime in and confirm.  If so, it's not uncommon to place max level specs with less than ideal "real world" scenarios.  Pretty much all products are guilty of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back