1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 23, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #286 of 838
I would put the battery life of RoCoo at ~12 hours (did not pay close attention after the 10:30 hour mark, so take it as ~ 11-12) with music on shuffle, volume at 9, connected to PAA-1 with screen off except for may be 5 minutes.

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #287 of 838

Sorry for some confussions.

Because ROCOO are the new players. some thing is not so perfect, Such as the name, the former name of them is ROCOO D and Rocoo d Power version. we finally rename them as ROCOO And ROCOO P.

There are few units of ROCOO P used the ROCOO back panel ,for the order comes too big than our expection, All of the materials are out of stock at current. We have to stop to ship the new orders untill about 26th.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:
The bottom right has the serial with the "POWER" next to it.
My firmware also says Rocoo-D as well.
So far so good with M-Audio Q40 headphones at about 25-26 is pretty good. UETF10 also sounds great if you have a good seal. Bass is solid and the highs are clear. I am impressed with the sound quality for such a small package.

Advan 

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #289 of 838

Quote:
update....4pm full charge....till 9pm halfcharge....now 10pm its just gone down to the last bar..6 hours later.
so i reckon at my highvolume, it would probably hit 7 to 8hours.

NOT BAD ,,,,,
popcorn.gif

it is with regret that i break this news, the battery breathed its last at 12am.....serving a grand total of 8hours at vol 22-25 /31
confused_face.gif

now to ressurrect it to new life!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #291 of 838

The specification of our products are very very conservative.  My personal experience with ROCOO P is 12 hours with 9 Level of volume with POPO IEMs.

Quote:
How I understood it with other hisound daps, it's volume number 3 out X.  Jack should chime in and confirm.  If so, it's not uncommon to place max level specs with less than ideal "real world" scenarios.  Pretty much all products are guilty of this.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #292 of 838
how can u hear anything at level 9...........
i need to hear the flutist heaving her lungs!!!
or i must be half deaf..lolz

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #293 of 838
Are you using full size cans? If so that would explain the need for more power. IEMs are generally much more power efficient than full size cans. My denons generally take double the volume level my FX700s would require to reach a similar volume level.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #294 of 838
today i am just using Hiphone...playing sousa marches at level 25-27....
then jazz at level 22... first time i observe the vol level on my player or any player.. :p

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #296 of 838
i guess years of accumulated gung n gooo built up a  sonic buffer inside the tunnel.

Dec 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #297 of 838
That's too loud indeed. Volume on the player is not a great indication of loudness because it depends on the recording (Classical may need a bit more volume, compressed recordings may need only 5-6) and the efficiency of the IEM. I don't know the specs of Popo, even then, 25 seems too loud for an IEM
eek.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #298 of 838
OK.  First things first, my thanks to Jack Fu for the generous and rather interesting approach towards obtaining the new hisoundaudio products. 

I picked up the package today at the dreaded post office, and was pleasantly surprised of the lack of a long line.  The box was unusually cold and for a second I thought it was being stored in a refrigerator or stored outside in the freezing night temperature.  I digress.

DISCLAIMER: I no longer owned the AMP3 or Studio, so take what I type with a grain salt.

Since I've owned the Studio-I before, upon opening the RoCoo box and out of the plastic bag, aesthetically, they look similar, but once I held it in my hand, the physical difference is very apparent:

• RoCoo is about 1/3 thinner in thickness and weighs substantially less than the Studio.  Upon further inspection, the thickness of the aluminum chassis on the RoCoo looks thinner and doesn't have screws to remove the circuit board. 
  • The latter feels like a brick and unlike the RoCoo, it doesn't have the shiny, plastic laminated covers that on both sides of the player.  I recall on the back of the Studio is a thick, gorilla glass type cover, and on the front, the word "Studio" is engraved into the chassis face.
  • No line-in, FM radio, and a lot less battery life capacity

The difference above are by no means deal breakers against the RoCoo especially when considering the rather large price gap.  Both have that attractive, industrial look and design with the Studio taking the cake.  Since the two share similar, if not identical UI and navigation, what's really  important is the sound, right?

Before I begin on the sound, upon opening the package contents, I let the Live ear buds burn in a little bit playing out of my Sansa Clip Zip with moderate volume for about five hours.  During this time, I charged the RoCoo and copied about a gig of FLAC files straight to the internal memory storage on the root storage in a folder that I created called "FLAC", which I observed to be rather slow.  Within the FLAC file folder are its respective folders by artist.  I then inserted a 16GB ADATA, Class 4 microSDHC with about 10GB of FLAC files in its respective folder by artist as well. The RoCoo took less 30 seconds to initialize the external card. Like the previous hisound daps, shuffling songs from different artists stored in their own respective folders only works with files stored on the internal memory.  On the microSDHC card, shuffling is fixed with the home folder of the current music file at play.  I guess it would work if you had only one folder for storage, but I think to most, myself included, find this method of mass storage not only impractical but cumbersome as well.  Sadly, my Livewires Trips are being refitted and my UE 700 are out on loan, so I only have my Grado RS2 and Atrio mg7 to test out the RoCoo sound.

I was not that surprised that the volume level I set on the RoCoo is the same on the Studio.  When listening with my Atrio, volume setting is at 17, with the Grado, it's at 20 and fluctuates +/- 2 to 3 levels depending on the song.  Well, after listening to the player for about an hour straight between the two, I can confidently claim that the RoCoo and the Studio sound nearly identical on all accounts.  The low end is tight and punchy, and the mids are not recessed or too forward with good amount of detail through out.  Like the Studio, the RoCoo lacks the warmth and layed back sound, but it carries out details and lows very well - bass is tight and punchy.  The RoCoo did great with the Atrio, but really excels with the RS2.  Keep in mind that when the Studio debuted, it was optimized with headphones in general.  I believe the Studio-V has different firmware for BA IEM or headphone usage.  I surmise that that may be the difference between the standard RoCoo and the powered version. However, with earphones in general, the area that can be approved upon is the perceived lack of openness and somewhat congested sound.  IMO, this is the only area that needs to be improved upon and is most likely due to the DAP chip being used, which may be the same one used in the Studio. 

So, unless you don't need the line out function or the much longer battery life of the Studio, the RoCoo powered version is of great value and performs well even at its retail price.  It looks great, good size, and relatively easy to navigate.  I never been fond of the touch screen UI from S:Flo2 and Teclast soI would like to thank Jack again for the opportunity to purchase the RoCoo at a very bargain price. 

Regarding the free gift, the Live ear buds, I'm current experiencing channel imbalance issues.   So, a review for the Live may or may not materialize, depending on the exchange outcome with Jack/hisoundaudio. 

Happy Holidays to all and may you have a Happy New Year. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #299 of 838

Quote:
That's too loud indeed. Volume on the player is not a great indication of loudness because it depends on the recording (Classical may need a bit more volume, compressed recordings may need only 5-6) and the efficiency of the IEM. I don't know the specs of Popo, even then, 25 seems too loud for an IEM
eek.gif

Actually with the Hiphone that Lorspeaker was using, I have to push the volume up to 24-26 as well to get the same amount of volume that I usually get with around 13-15 with most of my other IEM's.  So he's not playing it too loud, the Hiphone just needs a lot of volume power to be heard.

Dec 23, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #300 of 838

Quote:

Actually with the Hiphone that Lorspeaker was using, I have to push the volume up to 24-26 as well to get the same amount of volume that I usually get with around 13-15 with most of my other IEM's.  So he's not playing it too loud, the Hiphone just needs a lot of volume power to be heard.

Wow lol. What kinda Ear Bud is this? HE-6 version of this segment?  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back