1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 30, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #511 of 838

Quote:
if they do, then they both sound fantastic!
evil_smiley.gif
......jk

They certainly do and I also believe that it would be a very wise move for HSA to extend their discount through January, more people will have a chance to experience their products at a reasonable price and HSA will benefit from this exposure as well and still making profit 
wink_face.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #512 of 838
I still haven't updated the firmware to my RoCoo P, but I will have to very soon since I should be receiving my 32g SD card tomorrow. My question is, is the updated firmware holding up fine?
The reason I ask is because I've had negative experiences updating firmwares at times, like updated firmware being more buggy than original firmware, then not being able to go back to the original firmware(thanks Archos)...anyhow, if anybody has had any issues with the New firmware, please let me know.

Dec 30, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #518 of 838
Here's the link to go backwards out the front door, if anyone wants regret using either the Dynamic or BA FW. In other words it's the default Studio-V FW so you can revert back.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/mqC54Ck/Studio -Original.zip

Let me know if it doesn't work or if you have zipping issues.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #519 of 838
I had difficulty logging in..tot my account was hijacked.
HI JACK HOW ARE U? :pP

(i havent updated/upgraded any firmware yet....
waiting for Jack to email me the full set of FWs. hehe)
i would also need to find a windowdesktop to get all these done..hmmm..
where to find a window in siberia . So i am still OLDSCHOOL.
rolleyes.gif

Bored, i reloaded some new albums into my 32gb, and the roocoo only recognised ONE ALBUM..omggg...
....my eyes popped.
after afew resets and upsets, my roocoo showed ALL THE ABLUMS...
...my jaws droppped.
beerchug.gif

ALL these made me appreciate the new STUDIO...
which ever 32gb i slot in, ( i have one each for the roocoo and RP)
all showed up PERFECTLY.
tongue.gif

===================================

I just dunno where to start or continue with the impressions...
darn happy with each/any of the daps, iems...
its a mix and match and mixup and tossarounds.
There are so many ïtems on my sofa now that i have to take a cloth to hide them from my sleepywife.
biggrin.gif

Which would i giveaway...i cant keep all of them can i...?
Not sure about how the rest of u rate these toys...
but offhand from my first audition of the latest STUDIO..
i position them from lean to fullbodied as follows.
ROCCOO....STUDIO-V....ROOCOO-P

And the iems from lean to fullbodied as follows...
LIVE...GOLDENCRYSTAL...HIPHONE....POPO.

ABove is just a rough guide for MY own sanity,
 there are enough permutations to keep me confused and happy,
taking care of all my moods n genres.
ALL IN , i am a happy man.
beerchug.gif

Right this moment, the Roocoo+Hiphone is on duty with me.
The STUDIO+Goldie combo is being tormented by some demagnetising noise..
the rest are refuelling.
L3000.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #520 of 838
Well, it seems like my Rocoo P (or D, I can't tell, it doesnt have POWER in the serial number) has a problem with its buttons. The top one seems stuck and doesn't  provide tactile feedback. Pressing on the down button would have a satisfying "click" and have the options (or volume) go down one level, but pressing the up button doesnt click and the scrolling flies upward, similar to as if the button was pressed and held. I found this out when a little bump sent the volume shooting up (on another note they should really add a lock function). Anybody else have issues with the build quality of the rocoo?

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #521 of 838
I had the same issue initially with the Left and Right buttons. The right button would not register a press, but one press of the left and the menu would loop through pretty fast as if the left button remained depressed. It's still in the "burn in" period, so I won't use it for a while. Not sure if the button issue has gone away completely.

Mine too does not say "Power" in Serial number, but had a "Power" folder.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #522 of 838

Quote:

Well I know some people have been swaping firmwares although its not recommended. I wonder if the Rocoo P with the Studio V firmware sound the same...
mad.gif

Not quite. My guess is that Jupiterknight has the standard and not BA FW because of the volume similarity between the 2 but since it's a different player we can't be sure. The BA FW has a few DB less gain than the dynamic or -p. I have, in fact, found some oddity in not using designed for FW though I wont post about it.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #523 of 838

Quote:
I had the same issue initially with the Left and Right buttons. The right button would not register a press, but one press of the left and the menu would loop through pretty fast as if the left button remained depressed. It's still in the "burn in" period, so I won't use it for a while. Not sure if the button issue has gone away completely.

Mine too does not say "Power" in Serial number, but had a "Power" folder.

I bought two Rocoo P players, one has the "Power" next to serial number, one doesn't. I compared them side by side extensively, and it's the same player, just different back plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back