1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 29, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #497 of 838
Is the Studio-V sound pretty much the same as the RoCoo-P with the same can and/or IEM?  If so, it's most likely the dynamic firmware version and is probably the default on the Studio.

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #498 of 838
I now have the original,updated FW on the Rocoo-P and it sounds different than the Studio-V with original FW.  I also think it sounds different than the Studio Dynamic FW, which I also thought would be the default on the Studio V.  Not sure, still charging the Studio...

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #499 of 838
any initial overview of how they are different?
Quote:
I now have the original,updated FW on the Rocoo-P and it sounds different than the Studio-V with original FW.  I also think it sounds different than the Studio Dynamic FW, which I also thought would be the default on the Studio V.  Not sure, still charging the Studio...

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #500 of 838
I'm going to let it charge for a little while more and then get back with some initial impressions regarding the differences in sound with default FW on the Studio-V and the Rocoo-P. I will only use IEM's since this is what I primarily use, but the 150 ohm RE262 should be good, also I will try my TF10 and EX600, maybe one or two more. I don't think I will get around to listen to my portable headphones.

Dec 29, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #501 of 838
popcorn.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #502 of 838
When I received the Studio-V earlier today I did listen to it very briefly and noticed the difference between the Studio-V and the Rocco-P, but wanted to charge it up completely before I spend some more time listening.

Many hours later it was still charging and had only reach three bars, so I just couldn't wait anymore. I don't know why it takes so long to charge or maybe the bars doesn't indicate the correct charging level, I'll figure this out later and let it charge again overnight. The good thing is that with the long battery life I won't have to charge it very often.

Now I have been listening back to back with both Player's with their respective default firmware.
Only with IEM's, RE262/EX600/reshelled TF10 and DB-02.  AAC 300vrb, same albums on both players.  

It was easy to volume match the two players, because the volume level are the same, to me at least, maybe just half a step difference. 

The sound difference I found is fairly obvious. The Studio-V sounds warmer, Rocoo-P more leaner, no surprise..
Now, I will point out that I really like how the Rocoo-P sounds, very detailed etc., and overall a great 3-D presentation.
With the Studio-V there's just more, the 3-D presentation is not just great, but very great. Particular in the front-back. There's just more depth and I feel like I just want to be absorbed into this deep space and forget
about anything else, very nice.

There's also more bass impact with the Studio-V making it sound more musical than the Rocoo-P.

Even when listening to the two players at the same volume and with IEM's. I can hear that the Studio-V sounds more powerful and has more quality to cringe out, like it's almost craving of for to go out and purchase some expensive headphones, but I know my wife won't let me unless I buy her some kitchen equipment as well.. I think "the people who wears headphones all the time" will enjoy the Studio :)

All the IEM's I just used, I all found to sound really great with the Studio. I'm not very sensitive about hiss, but didn't notice any more than already was present in the recording, same level hiss with both players.

My troublesome TF10 that hates high impedance output sources/amps seemed to behave rather nicely, but I have to go back and compare with a source/amp with low output impedance to make sure what I briefly noticed.

Again, this all with default FW's, sound can be altered/tweaked by experimenting with these, but keep the Rocoo FW with the Rocoo and the Studio FW's with the Studio. You don't want to brick your precious one..

Okay that's it for now. Brief impression out of the box. I know burn-in may improve/change both units, I still don't have that many hours on my first arrival, the Rocoo-P, but if there's improvement to be experienced, hey, I'm all game.  

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #503 of 838

Quote:
Is the Studio-V sound pretty much the same as the RoCoo-P with the same can and/or IEM?  If so, it's most likely the dynamic firmware version and is probably the default on the Studio.

Even Jack says the Studio V sounds different from the Rocco P. The Studio V is made for Classical music while the P is more for modern music. I'd say the V is more neutral than the P.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #505 of 838
Nice to hear. I kinda figured the Studio V and Rocoo P would be different. It wouldn't make sense for there to just be a bigger battery in V as opposed to the P. I mean for $350.00 retail I'd expect a better amp section at least as well, and I'm sure that is the case. Would like to know if Jack can confirm there is a different amp in the Studio V than the Rocoo P? Or is it just tweaks in the firmware making these changes?

Quote:
When I received the Studio-V earlier today I did listen to it very briefly and noticed the difference between the Studio-V and the Rocco-P, but wanted to charge it up completely before I spend some more time listening.

Many hours later it was still charging and had only reach three bars, so I just couldn't wait anymore. I don't know why it takes so long to charge or maybe the bars doesn't indicate the correct charging level, I'll figure this out later and let it charge again overnight. The good thing is that with the long battery life I won't have to charge it very often.

Now I have been listening back to back with both Player's with their respective default firmware.
Only with IEM's, RE262/EX600/reshelled TF10 and DB-02.  AAC 300vrb, same albums on both players.  

It was easy to volume match the two players, because the volume level are the same, to me at least, maybe just half a step difference. 

The sound difference I found is fairly obvious. The Studio-V sounds warmer, Rocoo-P more leaner, no surprise..
Now, I will point out that I really like how the Rocoo-P sounds, very detailed etc., and overall a great 3-D presentation.
With the Studio-V there's just more, the 3-D presentation is not just great, but very great. Particular in the front-back. There's just more depth and I feel like I just want to be absorbed into this deep space and forget
about anything else, very nice.

There's also more bass impact with the Studio-V making it sound more musical than the Rocoo-P.

Even when listening to the two players at the same volume and with IEM's. I can hear that the Studio-V sounds more powerful and has more quality to cringe out, like it's almost craving of for to go out and purchase some expensive headphones, but I know my wife won't let me unless I buy her some kitchen equipment as well.. I think "the people who wears headphones all the time" will enjoy the Studio :)

All the IEM's I just used, I all found to sound really great with the Studio. I'm not very sensitive about hiss, but didn't notice any more than already was present in the recording, same level hiss with both players.

My troublesome TF10 that hates high impedance output sources/amps seemed to behave rather nicely, but I have to go back and compare with a source/amp with low output impedance to make sure what I briefly noticed.

Again, this all with default FW's, sound can be altered/tweaked by experimenting with these, but keep the Rocoo FW with the Rocoo and the Studio FW's with the Studio. You don't want to brick your precious one..

Okay that's it for now. Brief impression out of the box. I know burn-in may improve/change both units, I still don't have that many hours on my first arrival, the Rocoo-P, but if there's improvement to be experienced, hey, I'm all game.  

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #506 of 838

Quote:
Nice to hear. I kinda figured the Studio V and Rocoo P would be different. It wouldn't make sense for there to just be a bigger battery in V as opposed to the P. I mean for $350.00 retail I'd expect a better amp section at least as well, and I'm sure that is the case. Would like to know if Jack can confirm there is a different amp in the Studio V than the Rocoo P? Or is it just tweaks in the firmware making these changes?

even IF studio and rocoo P share the same dac and amp schematic, jack would definitely NOT say so. that's just marketing suicide ($180 vs $350 and the only differences are the firmware and battery life. how would his customers react?? )

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that they do share the same amp & dac section. i am just responding to your funny comment

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #507 of 838
I don't know. I'm just hearing a difference with the default firmware's in the two units that I have been using today. Volume levels, very equal, but to me it sounds like there's more "drive", depth  to the Studio, if this makes any sense, could just as well be FW differences that gives this perception.

I haven't tried using it as an amp yet. I have a few portable amp's that I can compare it with at some point. 

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #508 of 838

Quote:
I don't know. I'm just hearing a difference with the default firmware's in the two units that I have been using today. Volume levels, very equal, but to me it sounds like there's more "drive", depth  to the Studio, if this makes any sense, could just as well be FW differences that gives this perception.

I haven't tried using it as an amp yet. I have a few portable amp's that I can compare it with at some point. 

I

Well I know some people have been swaping firmwares although its not recommended. I wonder if the Rocoo P with the Studio V firmware sound the same...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back