1 $ for Hisound’s new released ROCOO player???
Dec 30, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #541 of 838
after 3 hours of listening, switching back and forth from studio and rocoo P. i feel like the difference between rocoo P (original firmware) and studio (BA) is very slight, if any *i'm talking about the technicalities, not sound signature*

not like the feeling you got when jump from, say, imod to dedicated desktop DAC (dacmagic, etc.)

will post more impressions after a week of extensive listening

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #542 of 838

Quote:
after 3 hours of listening, switching back and forth from studio and rocoo P. i feel like the difference between rocoo P (original firmware) and studio (BA) is very slightly, not like the feeling you got when jump from, say, imod to dedicated desktop DAC (dacmagic, etc.)

will post more impressions after a week of extensive listening

What I want is someone to do a comparison between the T51 and the Rocoo P/Studio V. I'd love to see the Hisound players outclass the T51 as the T51 was a major letdown for me and I don't think its deserving of the hype it gets.

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #543 of 838

Quote:
What I want is someone to do a comparison between the T51 and the Rocoo P/Studio V. I'd love to see the Hisound players outclass the T51 as the T51 was a major letdown for me and I don't think its deserving of the hype it gets.

based on my fading memory, t51 sounds detail, comparable to rocoo P, but artificial. bass is MUCH better in rocoo P. i think it is at least on par with t51 if not better

and when you add up the stable FW factor of rocoo P, and longer battery life, and actual tactle button interface, you got yourself a clear winner there

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #544 of 838

Quote:

based on my fading memory, t51 sounds so detail, but artificial. i think rocoo P is at least on par with t51 if not better

and when you add up the stable FW factor of rocoo P, and longer battery life, and actual tactle button interface, you got yourself a clear winner there

The artificial presentation of the T51 was the biggest turn off for me, not including the constant defects I had on my 2 units. Did not like the HO at all and only used the Line Out (but the treble still overshadowed the mid range and bass was lacking quantity and texture).

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #545 of 838

Quote:
just for experiment purpose, i loaded newest studio-V dynamic firmware on both my rocoo P and studio-V

after 1-2 hours of extensive listening, i can clearly say that rocoo P & studio-V are occupying different amp sections (jack said the dac section is the same)

there's just more resolution, bass depth, layered sound in the studio. and even when the volumes are matched, they both output the same loudness. it's just that studio somehow can output more power (beefier? there's just more energy behind it). the vocal sounds more upfront in the studio, but there is just more depth to the music, and it is more layered

studio hisses worse than the rocoo P when the volume is maxxed out to 31

hope this helps

I have now listened to the Studio-V with dynamic FW and the Rocoo-P with the same FW and I can confirm your observations. 
I'm also fairly sure there's difference between the Studio default FW and the dynamic FW, but will have to double check on this.

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #546 of 838
For how much guys did you purchase this player? Will it be a big improvment from sansa clip? How much does it worth to pay for it?
What's the difference between Rocoo & Rocoo P?

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #548 of 838
Does this company have a website??
Where does someone go to buy one??
 TY

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #549 of 838

Quote:
As expected. Thanks. I just tried the -p FW and it's pretty similar to the standard Rocco.

I do have an odd issue with any FW old or new. Maybe somebody could check theres to see if it's a player or code problem. When I fast forward, sometimes the channels will reverse. Most times actually. A pause corrects it. 

Channels reverse is an old bug, my Studio-V have the same problem, but only with Flac file.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #550 of 838
Quote:
Does this company have a website??
Where does someone go to buy one??
 TY

http://hisoundservice.diytrade.com/sdp/1631317/4/main-6322730/0/Home.html

Also see this thread
smile.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #552 of 838
Quote:
i2ehan impressions impressions :wink:. Still waiting for my unit to arrive. I'm envious with anticipation lol.

Should have impressions before this weekend is up. I'm still getting used to the Studio-V, but I don't think I've ever enjoyed my flac files to this extent, especially with the sEX1000. 
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #553 of 838

Quote:
Quote:

Should have impressions before this weekend is up. I'm still getting used to the Studio-V, but I don't think I've ever enjoyed my flac files to this extent, especially with the sEX1000. 
wink.gif

Just got my unit and so far I am liking it very much. There is hiss present but its not as big of a deal as its being made out to be. Very tolerable IMO. When music is playing its not audible. With a USB to Power outlet charger you are able to keep the device running and playing music which is convenient for burning in the device.

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #554 of 838

Quote:
Just got my unit and so far I am liking it very much. There is hiss present but its not as big of a deal as its being made out to be. Very tolerable IMO. When music is playing its not audible. With a USB to Power outlet charger you are able to keep the device running and playing music which is convenient for burning in the device.

Congrats, and now it's time to play with FW's
wink_face.gif

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #555 of 838
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back