$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Nov 6, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #241 of 320
Just got me a new pair of Radiopaq Jazz for around 16$ on ebay. These were the iems that got me started back in 2008. My original pair just lasted for about 2 years, which is scarce as I am really very careful. The NOS I got has the i-devices mic, which I don't use. They are still quite enjoyable. Very prone to burn-in, some 20 hours will take away some hiss. V-curved, but with great smooth mids and a superb bass and mid bass. Nozzles are big but confortable. They still rank among my favoirites, after 8 years of SoundMagics and Sonys and KZs.

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #243 of 320
I want to try a dual driver monitor. I generally like a broad stage, clean details, and leaning towards the warm side. Should I go for the Tennmak Pro or the KZ ZST?

I only have one dual driver IEM, Somic V4 and it's great especially for pop and EDM. Sound sig is V-shaped with a tad more emphasis on bass, separation and soundstage are worth more than their price (bought them $17) imho.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #246 of 320

That's about as direct of an answer as I could have hoped, thanks.

I noticed the Tennmak is mentioned pretty often in this thread, but no mention of the ZST. Is it not worth the price or does nobody have it?

The ZST is worth the price if you consider buying it today at the 11-11 sales on AE. You'll get it for around 10-12$.
But after what I've been reading regarding the ZST, it is far from beying the best of the KZ range. I ain't gettin one for myself. Rather spend the money on a **** 4in1 (around 19$ today), which I did. Or get an extra pair of the KZ ZS3, which I did, or get a Remax... oh my money... 

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #248 of 320
The sales I'm seeing on AE 11/11 is ~$16 for the ZST, ~$20 for the Tennmak Pro. Looks like I'll be going with the Tennmaks.

I really don't like bassy/boomy sound. I want the bass tight and controlled, which is what steered me away from many in this thread. I also like the around ear style of the KZ's and Tennmaks instead of the typical "bud" form factor. They just don't stay in my ears well.  

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #249 of 320
  The sales I'm seeing on AE 11/11 is ~$16 for the ZST, ~$20 for the Tennmak Pro. Looks like I'll be going with the Tennmaks.

I really don't like bassy/boomy sound. I want the bass tight and controlled, which is what steered me away from many in this thread. I also like the around ear style of the KZ's and Tennmaks instead of the typical "bud" form factor. They just don't stay in my ears well.  

You will be pleased with the Tennmak Pros. They have a great sonic presentation and are very comfy indeed. With the right tips, they will hold tight. I use Sony hybrids with success. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #251 of 320

Tennmaks can have a bit of mid bass bloat. Wasn't truly apparent to me until I did the bass port mod, use a needle to poke a hole through the glue / filter of the port above the Tennmak logo. Clears it up. Even before doing the mod I really enjoyed them

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #252 of 320
I want to try a dual driver monitor. I generally like a broad stage, clean details, and leaning towards the warm side. Should I go for the Tennmak Pro or the KZ ZST?

I just realised you already ordered. For more info on the ZST you gotta go to the KZ thread :)

Hope you like it. ZST has potential but needs experimenting with tips and changing the stock cable before it sounds ok.

Didn't like the **** 4in1 due to its grainy treble so good you didn't get that!

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #253 of 320
  Thanks guys. Went ahead and ordered the Tennmak's, $19.11 shipped

I was so tempted for the hyped Tennmak Pro train. But as of current, the price $24 on Aliexpress :frowning2: is a little discouraging for me.
DId you get your on Aliexpress too? If so, do you know if they're ever be in that price range of less than $20 again?
And how was your experience with it so far?

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #254 of 320
  I was so tempted for the hyped Tennmak Pro train. But as of current, the price $24 on Aliexpress :frowning2: is a little discouraging for me.
DId you get your on Aliexpress too? If so, do you know if they're ever be in that price range of less than $20 again?
And how was your experience with it so far?

You should have taken the chance of buying them for 18-19$ on the 11-11 sale. 

But I guess they are still great for 24$. It's just 5$ more. What can you get for 5$? 
I got mine for 21$, and they are great for the price. 

Very balanced, good tight bass, defined mids, smooth and refined treble. Comfortable, moreover! And with the MMCX plugs, which means you can change cables!

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #255 of 320
Unfortunately I've never jumped on or heard the Tennmak Pro so I'm going to have to go with the ZST, with the right tips, cable (installed correctly) they are my top sub $25 contender so far and who would have ever thought you could get a sub $25 hybrid especially one that actually sounds pretty decent
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back